Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744777 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19680 on: August 30, 2015, 06:48:08 am »

It does. It's all in Sweden.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19681 on: August 30, 2015, 06:50:53 am »

So... if my tally is correct we have this guy here disparaging about every single nation in Europe, and another guy in the sad thread who's apparently a German-ancestry chilean who hates either Spanish ancestry Chilean, indigenous ancestry Chileans, or possibly both, didn't get that bit too clearly.

Anyway, how come there's suddenly so much rampant xenophobia in the forums?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19682 on: August 30, 2015, 06:51:44 am »

Well that's interesting. How did it end up there? Was it Karl the XII?
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19683 on: August 30, 2015, 07:04:35 am »

Hey, I don't have much about the people itself, you don't talk about this usually. The problem comes when it's about history and politics.

Well that's interesting. How did it end up there? Was it Karl the XII?
The Deluge and Charles X Gustav. There was a bunch of other wars but it was the worst. It's named like that for a reason.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19684 on: August 30, 2015, 07:11:01 am »

So... if my tally is correct we have this guy here disparaging about every single nation in Europe, and another guy in the sad thread who's apparently a German-ancestry chilean who hates either Spanish ancestry Chilean, indigenous ancestry Chileans, or possibly both, didn't get that bit too clearly.

At least we have no "Catalonia never was a country and has no right to become  a country" discussion

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19685 on: August 30, 2015, 07:21:13 am »

except it indeed has no right to become a country

all it can be is an eu province

* LordSlowpoke adjusts hat

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19686 on: August 30, 2015, 07:31:40 am »

rekt

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19687 on: August 30, 2015, 07:40:29 am »

Reichcomissariat Catalonia.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19688 on: August 30, 2015, 08:22:27 am »

The polish jews should get that gold for making new solid gold town houses. Then the holy roman reich empire EU can anslauss those for the poor Syrian refugees.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19689 on: August 30, 2015, 08:33:25 am »

Wouldn't the sensible thing to do with the gold be to look for proof of who owned it originally, or if none can be found disperse it equally among all countries that were occupied/looted by the Nazis?

EDIT: Or just give it to the people who found it of course. That's always an option.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19690 on: August 30, 2015, 08:36:23 am »

Wouldn't the sensible thing to do with the gold be to look for proof of who owned it originally
Records might be iffy?

or if none can be found disperse it equally among all countries that were occupied/looted by the Nazis?
Everyone?

EDIT: Or just give it to the people who found it of course. That's always an option.
Finders keepers :D

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19691 on: August 30, 2015, 08:40:27 am »

Give the gold back to where it originally came from, fire it into a distant star using nazi flying saucers.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19692 on: August 30, 2015, 08:51:22 am »

Let me guess, you hate Swedes because Sweden and Poland were at war once some 300 years ago and somebody's grandgrandgrandgrandgrangrandgrandgrandfather stole your cousin-twice-removed's grandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandfather's chicken and age it?
More like half (EDIT: If not more, actually) of cultural heritage of my country at the time. And they refuse to give it back, because their glorious museums of conquest must have something inside.
EDIT:
Oh, also money and other stuff. Which makes them at least partially responsible for subsequent downfall and enslavement of the country.

Ah yes, because no matter how many chickens stolen from your grand^12-father, a war fought 350 years ago makes for such a great reason to hate people.
Love, scriver~

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19693 on: August 30, 2015, 08:57:19 am »

Let me guess, you hate Swedes because Sweden and Poland were at war once some 300 years ago and somebody's grandgrandgrandgrandgrangrandgrandgrandfather stole your cousin-twice-removed's grandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandfather's chicken and age it?
More like half (EDIT: If not more, actually) of cultural heritage of my country at the time. And they refuse to give it back, because their glorious museums of conquest must have something inside.
EDIT:
Oh, also money and other stuff. Which makes them at least partially responsible for subsequent downfall and enslavement of the country.

Ah yes, because no matter how many chickens stolen from your grand^12-father, a war fought 350 years ago makes for such a great reason to hate people.

see, you would be more able to understand the feelings of when somebody stole your cultural goods if your country ever produced any cultural goods

having people import other people's cultures by the boatload since the viking era and then pretending it's your own makes you america-tier

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19694 on: August 30, 2015, 09:01:41 am »

Seems to be that's how the world works
Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 1393