Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744535 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19650 on: August 27, 2015, 11:35:23 am »

Trees are sexy indeed. Recently a whole lot of saps have been installed in the neighbourhood. It seems that every piece of grass is going to be covered in trees soon. And I like it.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19651 on: August 27, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »

So Ukraine got a haircut of its debt.

I hope it will actually help
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19652 on: August 27, 2015, 01:56:16 pm »

In other news, Tsipras was quoted in a greek newspaper as saying that Putin a "anxious middle aged housewife who can not hold her liquor" and that the mention of the Russian language should be outlawed in Greece.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19653 on: August 27, 2015, 02:57:44 pm »

Pfffft. I wonder how well THAT will go over in Greece. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19654 on: August 27, 2015, 03:08:14 pm »

Note well: Must be invaded by Russians to have discounts in Germany

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19655 on: August 27, 2015, 03:23:33 pm »

The impression I get is that the debt writeoffs were done by American hedge funds.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19656 on: August 27, 2015, 03:52:10 pm »

Hidden by paywall so I can't read it, anyone got pastebin or webarchive?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19657 on: August 27, 2015, 10:22:16 pm »

Egypt set to buy the French mistrals, Canada and the Saudis also showing interest

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #19658 on: August 29, 2015, 10:06:22 am »

Huh, I was sure they had that deal closed not long ago with the French agreeing to get those ships to Russians after all. Was it something else then?

Also, inb4 Sisi liberates Mediterranean sea of refugees with his new ships, is crowned king captain admiral protector of European culture and values.

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19659 on: August 29, 2015, 10:16:09 am »

Nah, France announced it's final rejection of the deal a few weeks ago and started stripping the ships of Russian hardware. Dunno how the financial aspect of the deal is working.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19660 on: August 29, 2015, 12:26:59 pm »

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/28/9220395/germany-migrant-crisis
Germany allows Syrian migrants to stay in Germany and apply for asylum.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19661 on: August 29, 2015, 12:41:54 pm »

I like how they say that the way to stop this crisis is to stop treating migrants as a problem without even realizing it.
Germany, with the stroke of a pen, has just given an awful lot of Syrian families the chance to start a new life. But this is even more important than that: In addition to being a blessing for these Syrians, it is also a gift to Europe. Migration has become a crisis so great for Europe that, earlier this month, Merkel called it an even bigger challenge for the EU than the Greek debt crisis. She is now leading by example, showing Europe what it must do to overcome that crisis.

Even better, they're praising this as a big step forward, as if that big step backwards in German history regarding asylum never happened.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19662 on: August 29, 2015, 02:53:14 pm »

Even better, they're praising this as a big step forward, as if that big step backwards in German history regarding asylum never happened.
So it's not a big step forward because we had more vocal racist assholes back in the 90's? Damn, if this doesn't strike you as a good thing, you must truly be a die-hard contrarian. You should try running for Die Linke :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19663 on: August 29, 2015, 03:37:28 pm »

So it's not a big step forward because we had more vocal racist assholes back in the 90's? Damn, if this doesn't strike you as a good thing, you must truly be a die-hard contrarian.
It is a good thing. It is kind of the very least that could be done. What they're now allowing for Syrians specifically once was possible for everyone.
Also I suspect that many of those "more vocal racist assholes" are now tooting their own horn about how awesome and progressive their party is.

You should try running for Die Linke :P
My father worked for them once as a secretary in the Bundestag. His experience is that politicians, independent of allegiance, are mostly pretentious, vain and spoiled. I may fit in, given enough time, but I certainly don't want to.
Taste my Paci-Fist

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19664 on: August 29, 2015, 05:58:08 pm »

Nah, France announced it's final rejection of the deal a few weeks ago and started stripping the ships of Russian hardware. Dunno how the financial aspect of the deal is working.
Indeed Sheb. I think Sinistar was confusing the financial part with the delivery of ships.

France's rejection to deliver is indeed final, but they have agreed to pay a few billion euros to Russia as compensation for breaking the deal. I am not sure if it has already been paid, or if the payment will be postponed until international sanctions are lifted. I think France will pay regardless of sanctions, not 100% sure. (If they wouldn't, international arbitrage court would probably force them to anyways, since the business deal was made before any sanctions were in effect)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 1393