Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1746866 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Cheese Supremacist Megathread.
« Reply #17730 on: June 19, 2015, 03:19:40 am »

Not this shit again.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17731 on: June 19, 2015, 04:10:14 am »

I met some Catalans on a long distance train through Finland about a month ago... I tried to recognize the language they spoke, couldn't do any better than "do you guys speak not-quite-Spanish or what?"  :P

They were jokingly super serious about being Catalans, not Spanish.  ;)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17732 on: June 19, 2015, 04:52:07 am »

I like how our friendly forum spanationalist at once accuses the catalan nationalists of being nazis and race hygienists, then turns right around and accuses the Catalans of being degenerate and inbred.
Love, scriver~

MetalRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17733 on: June 19, 2015, 05:20:42 am »

I like how our friendly forum spanationalist at once accuses the catalan nationalists of being nazis and race hygienists, then turns right around and accuses the Catalans of being degenerate and inbred.

I do not accuse Catalans of being degenerate and inbred, that is just an idea for a roleplaying game. In fact I do not accuse Catalans of anything, I just accuse the Catalan separatists. As for the rest, I am no liar:
"hemos de vigilar (el mestizaje), porque hay gente en Cataluña que lo quiere, y ello será el final de Cataluña".
Translated: "we must keep an eye on miscegenation, because there are people in Catalonia who wants it, and it will be the end of Catalonia"

Jordi Pujol (2004), former president of the government of Catalonia (he was the president for 30 years) and Catalan nationalist.
Note that Jordi Pujol is only a Catalan nationalist and there are other branches of Catalan separatists much more radical.

"We (the Catalans), which are of Indo-Germanic origin and heart, can not bear the preponderance of such elements of inferior races".
"We can not be leaded by those that are inferior."

Pompeu Gener, Catalan nationalist theorist (1887) when the Catalan nationalism was being created. This source is also a 400 pages book on the Catalan separatism racism, its core.

I could keep on going with more barbaric and retarded statements made by the Catalan separatists but I think that is enough for now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:36:18 am by MetalRocks »
"Face each battle, each foe, as though it is your last.

One day it will be"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17734 on: June 19, 2015, 05:32:48 am »

Good lord, if changing the thread title to be about cheese didn't help, what will? Should we pretend Spain doesn't exist, like Bielefeld or Belgium? That feels like a good approach right now.

MetalRocks, you returned to this topic despite repeated requests not to and the thread being locked for a while, fer chrissakes. Maybe you could just stop, at least until Catalonia is somehow in the news?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17735 on: June 19, 2015, 05:36:00 am »

Ah yes, quoting a guy from the time race-biology and the indo-aryan nonsense was at it's height surely proves that all catalan separatists are racist Nazis. It's not like you could find statements like that from people of every single country and nation in Europe or anything!
Love, scriver~

MetalRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17736 on: June 19, 2015, 05:43:31 am »

Ah yes, quoting a guy from the time race-biology and the indo-aryan nonsense was at it's height surely proves that all catalan separatists are racist Nazis. It's not like you could find statements like that from people of every single country and nation in Europe or anything!
I am not talking about all the Catalan separatists, because most of them don't even know what nationalism or separatism is about. I am talking about the Catalan separatism ideas. But if quoting the former president of the government of Catalonia for 30 years (a Catalan nationalist) and quoting one of the creators of the Catalan nationalism means nothing to you then I think there is nothing else I can explain to you.
"Face each battle, each foe, as though it is your last.

One day it will be"

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #17737 on: June 19, 2015, 05:44:33 am »

I think there is nothing else I can explain to you.

yes please

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17738 on: June 19, 2015, 06:02:31 am »

Who thinks most Catalan nationalists are Nazis?  Who thinks most Catalan nationalists aren't Nazis?  Who is confused that the conversation has come to this point?  Who is confused by many things in life?  Who is just desperately trying to fake confidence and hopes nobody notices it's all a charade?  Who feels alone and desperate?  Who is afraid that everyone dies alone and unloved?  Who thinks I've said too much?  Who thinks I haven't said enough?  Is that me in the corner losing my religion?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17739 on: June 19, 2015, 06:16:14 am »

Heh. Good one.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17740 on: June 19, 2015, 07:59:08 am »

Time to change the shitstorm topic, quick!

Belgium and France seized all Russian state property in their respective territories.
Russia is obviously not pleased and vows to retaliate.
/r/russia is going apeshit over it, it seems. I expect calls for nuclear retaliation will be present at this point.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17741 on: June 19, 2015, 08:12:27 am »

Time to change the shitstorm topic, quick!

Belgium and France seized all Russian state property in their respective territories.
Russia is obviously not pleased and vows to retaliate.
/r/russia is going apeshit over it, it seems. I expect calls for nuclear retaliation will be present at this point.

Why now though? The Yukos company went defunct back in '03.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17742 on: June 19, 2015, 10:00:41 am »

Seemed like a good time to poke the bear? And in this case, it's an actual bear.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17743 on: June 19, 2015, 10:03:16 am »

Seemed like a good time to poke the bear? And in this case, it's an actual bear.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
0_o

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17744 on: June 19, 2015, 10:05:49 am »

I hope that Russia will react in some funny way like arresting EU assets in Russia.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 1393