Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748297 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #17145 on: June 02, 2015, 11:29:44 am »

I'm rightwing/conservative :v! Except I'm kinda reasonable, maybe (I hope?). And I'm not american/brittish so I might not fit in whatever concept of rightwingness most people adopt, anyway. I for one hope the slavs dont kill eachother (any more then they currently do, anyway), and that the whole west/east polarization doesnt create any more conflict, even though north amurica is becoming more lefty and the putinland is becoming more geopolitically hungry/scarier/drunker.
Dito. Except for the last sentencce, maybe.
"King Football"? You mean FIFA?

Or are you referring to Germany?
Isn't "King Football" an expression in America/UK as well? It refers to the sport itself - it is so important to society and the economy that you can't go against it. It rules surpreme. Offensively disliking football is one of the requirements of being a truly edgy wannabe intellectual, that's how popular it is. Beer and Football pretty much is our version of Bread and Games.

Not sure if you're forgetting that your 'football' is our soccer and our football is your, um, rugby?

Anyways, I'm not really into sports and I don't hear that expression all that often.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17146 on: June 02, 2015, 11:57:00 am »

I'm rightwing/conservative :v! Except I'm kinda reasonable, maybe (I hope?). And I'm not american/brittish so I might not fit in whatever concept of rightwingness most people adopt, anyway. I for one hope the slavs dont kill eachother (any more then they currently do, anyway), and that the whole west/east polarization doesnt create any more conflict, even though north amurica is becoming more lefty and the putinland is becoming more geopolitically hungry/scarier/drunker.
Dito. Except for the last sentencce, maybe.
"King Football"? You mean FIFA?

Or are you referring to Germany?
Isn't "King Football" an expression in America/UK as well? It refers to the sport itself - it is so important to society and the economy that you can't go against it. It rules surpreme. Offensively disliking football is one of the requirements of being a truly edgy wannabe intellectual, that's how popular it is. Beer and Football pretty much is our version of Bread and Games.

Not sure if you're forgetting that your 'football' is our soccer and our football is your, um, rugby?

Anyways, I'm not really into sports and I don't hear that expression all that often.
And the fact that we tend to avoid "King" anything. Elvis, Richard Petty and Benny Goodman notwithstanding.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17147 on: June 02, 2015, 01:16:26 pm »

Sepp Blatter retired 4 days after being elected....

I suspect this means no FIFA world cup in Russia any time soon. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17148 on: June 02, 2015, 01:45:43 pm »

Sepp Blatter retired 4 days after being elected....

I suspect this means no FIFA world cup in Russia any time soon.

Depends on how badly the corruption scandal escalates. In the end, money will likely have the last word any way...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17149 on: June 02, 2015, 02:02:08 pm »

I would be surprised if it changes anything.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17150 on: June 02, 2015, 02:24:53 pm »

And he's not leaving until they organize another vote, which can't take place for at least four months.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: June 02, 2015, 02:25:28 pm »

Oh, Qatar and Russia will still get their world cups, as money talks loudly via sponsors. However, expect the next few to be given to at least one or two of the good old safe hands traditional football nations in Europe as part of the "cleaning up" process, which will probably simply mean changing one form of corrupt individuals with another.
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17152 on: June 02, 2015, 03:14:30 pm »

All y'all hippies and putinbots need to stop trying to set each other on fire; some dirty politics is abound. "EU referendum: David Cameron will use vote to 'dock' Britain to Europe, says EC president." I don't know whether Cameron is in on this or whether this was a clear attempt by Juncker to undermine Cameron in retaliation for trying to get him blocked. Either way, we need some more freedomtm in these isles.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17153 on: June 02, 2015, 03:21:18 pm »

I have no idea if it's supposed to be a surprise that Cameron doesn't want us to leave the EU. He might be dismissive of anyone outside the rich club, but he's not a complete idiot.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17154 on: June 02, 2015, 03:24:44 pm »

Yeah, it's an open secret that Cameron want to stay and only promised this referendum to calm his eurosceptics backbenchers. However, it's one of those things that he would much rather not see.

Now, whether Juncker was just being honest or wanted to annoy Cameron is an open question.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17155 on: June 02, 2015, 03:49:30 pm »

So 2020 will be a showdown between SNP and UKIP, while Labour, Conservatives and LibDems fuse into the "We're Still Here For You, Britain (minus Scotland)" Party.

Or an even better scenario -- turmoil in the English consitutencies results in a five-way split between Labour, Tories, UKIP, LibDems and Greens. Wales goes completely Plaid Cymru, and together SNP and PC form a coalition government, promising to one day devolve home rule to the English. But for now, Edinburgh and Cardiff will split oversight duties to restore order, beginning with mandatory Gaelic and Welsh lessons for all England.  :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17156 on: June 02, 2015, 03:57:19 pm »

Absolutely heretical

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #17157 on: June 02, 2015, 03:58:36 pm »

I, for one, welcome our new Welsh overlords.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17158 on: June 02, 2015, 03:59:50 pm »

I, for one, welcome our new Welsh overlords.
I cannot comprehend what a fourfold increase in sheep jokes across the nation would do to the Isles. I suspect absolute calamity.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17159 on: June 02, 2015, 04:10:30 pm »

All y'all hippies and putinbots need to stop trying to set each other on fire; some dirty politics is abound. "EU referendum: David Cameron will use vote to 'dock' Britain to Europe, says EC president." I don't know whether Cameron is in on this or whether this was a clear attempt by Juncker to undermine Cameron in retaliation for trying to get him blocked. Either way, we need some more freedomtm in these isles.

Is the inneudo from that guys quote intentional? lol....
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 1393