Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748280 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #16875 on: May 27, 2015, 09:41:35 am »

Timo Soini Foreign Minister.

This. Guy. Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Spoiler: Soini Love <3 (click to show/hide)

...now please excuse me while I go buy myself five bottles of bum wine.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16876 on: May 27, 2015, 09:45:42 am »

Well, this is interesting. Swiss have jacked a truckload of high up sports muckity-mucks and are (in the process of?) throwing them to the US to get hit with a book (and apparently some of the euro countries are getting in on the game, too). Apparently FIFA is incredibly corrupt and finally getting caught at it? I don't pay even the most remote of attention to sports, so I had no idea at all (though surprised, I am not), but here it is. And it seems like there's going to be a lot of money involved in the shenanigans related to this.

Also damn, sq. That guy looks like a cannibal toad. Is he gonna' eats jarjar?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16877 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:45 am »

Well, this is interesting. Swiss have jacked a truckload of high up sports muckity-mucks and are (in the process of?) throwing them to the US to get hit with a book (and apparently some of the euro countries are getting in on the game, too). Apparently FIFA is incredibly corrupt and finally getting caught at it? I don't pay even the most remote of attention to sports, so I had no idea at all (though surprised, I am not), but here it is. And it seems like there's going to be a lot of money involved in the shenanigans related to this.

Also damn, sq. That guy looks like a cannibal toad. Is he gonna' eats jarjar?
"I have three Daddies: Jabba, Boss Nass, and Leonid Breznev!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16878 on: May 27, 2015, 09:53:42 am »

Timo Soini Foreign Minister.

This. Guy. Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Spoiler: Soini Love <3 (click to show/hide)

...now please excuse me while I go buy myself five bottles of bum wine.
this is the Belgian minister of health:

(she seems like a pretty cool person though. might set an example by losing weight, who knows)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #16879 on: May 27, 2015, 09:55:15 am »

Snip.

I can't shake the feeling that if this guy mentions consuming smaller neighbours he'll mean it entirely literally.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16880 on: May 27, 2015, 09:57:35 am »

They're still not our friends.
Be careful with that second-to-last word.
Apparently FIFA is incredibly corrupt and finally getting caught at it?
A little corrupt? Sure, in the same way that starting Operation Barbarossa was a slightly ill-advised decision.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16881 on: May 27, 2015, 10:08:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(she seems like a pretty cool person though. might set an example by losing weight, who knows)
At this degree, might not be her fault. Some people just have a fucked up metabolism of fat and they just keep blobbing without mainlining lard. Can get pretty awful; Ann Wilson (from Heart) would starve herself for days just to maintain a presentable appearance.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16882 on: May 27, 2015, 11:03:03 am »

Excess weight is a first-world epidemic that is becoming more and more prevalent. I don't think that blaming the sufferers is the answer when a big factor in it is the lifestyle that in no small measure is forced upon them (by the economy. workhours, etc..).
If the problem wasn't "real" or was just a matter of willpower, there wouldn't be so much research allocated to it, and/or so many concerns about it's consequences.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16883 on: May 27, 2015, 11:06:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At this degree, might not be her fault. Some people just have a fucked up metabolism of fat and they just keep blobbing without mainlining lard. Can get pretty awful; Ann Wilson (from Heart) would starve herself for days just to maintain a presentable appearance.
That's certainly one way to train your body to always keep fat reserves handy.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16884 on: May 27, 2015, 11:34:06 am »

Perhaps - I'm not saying it helps in the long run (in fact, there's some quite interesting research about effect of starvation in mothers on children - their epigenetics are way fucked, and obesity is in fact one of the problems encountered by the children), but the fact that she resorted to that to look normal - not fashion model-tier Thank Ms Skeltal look - already says a whole lot.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16885 on: May 27, 2015, 11:59:18 am »

The EU is negotiating under strict confidentiality about TTIP

God help us! They're multiplying!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16886 on: May 27, 2015, 03:15:31 pm »

Maggie de Block is NOT a nice person. She became the most popular politicians in Belgium as immigration ministers by basically taking the most hardline stance possible on immigration.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16887 on: May 27, 2015, 03:27:34 pm »

Oh dear lord. I've been looking into our politics more and more and it's feeling more and more like the UK's (England's, especially) politicians are operating under a 'Fuck you, got mine!' system.
Today: greatorder learns how conservatism works.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16888 on: May 27, 2015, 03:29:00 pm »

Maggie de Block is NOT a nice person. She became the most popular politicians in Belgium as immigration ministers by basically taking the most hardline stance possible on immigration.
So, a giant wall with machineguns of top shooting down anyone trying to immigrate?
._.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16889 on: May 27, 2015, 03:36:28 pm »

WHY THE FUCK WOULD PEOPLE VOTE FOR THESE SHITLORDS?!
Scaremongering.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 1393