Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 [1111] 1112 1113 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748212 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #16650 on: May 14, 2015, 01:38:10 pm »

The Dutch were "in charge" of the investigation, but I believe most of the actual research was done in America, due to them having better facilities for it.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16651 on: May 14, 2015, 01:44:31 pm »

More American propaganda, clearly.  ::)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16652 on: May 14, 2015, 01:48:22 pm »

More American propaganda, clearly.  ::)

America, european, russian, they are the same, people will read a news post and believe anything. Its nothing new. And news site love to jump to conclusions or have bombastic titles, speculations to boost views
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:52:03 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16653 on: May 14, 2015, 02:18:33 pm »

Apparently, so do forum posters.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16654 on: May 14, 2015, 02:41:47 pm »

Apparently, so do forum posters.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, how dare they use a weapon in parade that is in use in the last 40 years because someone somewhere maybe shoot down a air plane. 

At the least the nuclear part is somewhat understandable where russian act like dicks.
Make love not war

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16655 on: May 14, 2015, 02:44:55 pm »

Putting nukes in Crimea is pretty much the equivalent of marking the territory as theirs.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16656 on: May 14, 2015, 02:49:40 pm »

I'm fairly sure that like 70% (note:number pulled from my ass) Russians support this decision already.

You really, really need to get off you high horse and stop blaming our rising nationalistic spirit on one man.
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16657 on: May 14, 2015, 02:55:26 pm »

A plane arriving from West crashed in pieces East of border in an area where Ukraine has lost several aircraft, including high-flying ones, during the past week. Photographed wreck parts are absolutely filled with holes from ahead, right and slightly above(ingoing holes on wing top surfaces, outcoming on bottom, nose of the aircraft filled with holes including a part that has part of the cockpit window frame). There isn't much brain activity required to deduct the most likely cause. That information was already available on the very day of the incident.

In more positive news, Finland received its first 20 out of 100 almost-state-of-the-art Leopard II MBTs bought from the Netherlands today. The rest of them should arrive by January 2016 IIRC.

I'm fairly sure that like 70% (note:number pulled from my ass) Russians support this decision already.

You really, really need to get off you high horse and stop blaming our rising nationalistic spirit on one man.

Since when exactly have people known what is for their own good any way?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16658 on: May 14, 2015, 03:00:41 pm »

Are you arguing against democracy?
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16659 on: May 14, 2015, 03:02:07 pm »

Actually, I did the math, and you're right. If only the GCC did its part, all would be fine. If they took the same number of refugees per capita that the EU do, that would be almost 10000 a year! That's almost 5% of the number of people that tried to cross the Med last year.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16660 on: May 14, 2015, 03:15:12 pm »

The highest NATO general, the american Philip Breedlove (awesome name for a general lol), responded to Russian official's recent statement that Russia will install nuclear weapons in the Crimea, by calling it an unresponsible effort to force NATO to think twice about a response, if Russian agression would cause the conflict in Eastern Ukraine to re-escalate.

So mr. Putin is about to place nukes on a piece of land that is still considered illegally occupied by the U.N.
Nice dick move there.

Then again, after blatantly parading BUK rocket launchers on WW2 remembrance day in front of the international press, without any regard to the victims of the recent tragic event of the Malaysian Airliner getting shot by one over the Ukraine, or their families, dick moves seem to be business as usual for mr. Putin.

There needs to be a word for this kind of thinking.  You do something not because it's best for you but because it antagonizes someone else with the intention of strengthening your own position through the increased division which paradoxically makes the antagonized party more likely to negotiate.  It's been a really common occurance in American politics lately with Republicans going so far as to resort to schoolchild tactics like refusing to use the adjective "Democratic" because that's what the democrats used.  90% of people might think it's stupid but they wont care at all so appealing to the 10% of knuckledraggers who like poking the other guys in the eye is a win.  With mass media in politics I think petty insult doublethink tactics like this are going to be much more prevalent in the future.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16661 on: May 14, 2015, 03:26:19 pm »

I believe you and I define democracy slightly different. You actually think that is somehow a democratic decision?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16662 on: May 14, 2015, 03:33:58 pm »

So... that UK and Cameron.  Those are some interesting and contradictory words coming out of the fellow. 
Is that what people who voted for the Tories actually want?  Well, I guess they don't like people who are different, being the conservative brand and all.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16663 on: May 14, 2015, 05:55:57 pm »

I believe you and I define democracy slightly different. You actually think that is somehow a democratic decision?
If most of our population supports it - yes, it is democratic. And really, why wouldn't Russians support defending other Russians from a possible invasion?
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16664 on: May 14, 2015, 06:17:36 pm »

If most of our population supports it - yes, it is democratic. And really, why wouldn't Russians support defending other Russians from a possible invasion?

Having support in the opinion polls, even of the majority's, does not equal to that act being democratic or democratically decided. Let alone legal. Russia has been lately renown for flexing definitions of difficult words with Greek or Latin origins when it has suited her any way. So I guess if thats okay to you, then, whatever.

Besides, its much easier to believe its just Putin and his CO. with lots of power in Russia(including media) are the baddies, instead of good part of the actual population. The latter one leaves less room for negotiations and compromises in the future, too, especially if that became the official stance of any involved nation...
Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 [1111] 1112 1113 ... 1393