Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749454 times)

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #16380 on: May 07, 2015, 10:30:40 pm »

The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16381 on: May 07, 2015, 10:32:35 pm »

What is it with Scottish politicians named after fish??

I expect to see a slate of ministers named Angus Pike, Robert Shad, and Bruce Walleye.

EDIT: Labour pecks away another one from the Lib Dems (Brent Central).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:34:58 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16382 on: May 07, 2015, 10:33:19 pm »

Labour got in at Edinburgh South. Bloody twat Greens with stupid hair splitting the vote :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16383 on: May 07, 2015, 10:37:49 pm »

Tories take Chippenham from the Lib Dems, which has a net zero effect since the LDs were already in the ruling government.
Labour also takes Ilford North from the Tories.

I think there are going to be a lot of embarassed journalists in several hours after jumping on the "Cameron Triumphant! Miiliband dead!" bandwagon off those exit polls.

EDIT: Tories take Kingston and Surbiton from Lib Dems -- again, no net effect.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16384 on: May 07, 2015, 10:40:01 pm »

Tories take Chippenham from the Lib Dems, which has a net zero effect since the LDs were already in the ruling government.
Labour also takes Ilford North from the Tories.

I think there are going to be a lot of embarassed journalists in several hours after jumping on the "Cameron Triumphant! Miiliband dead!" bandwagon off those exit polls.

Well Labour's got half the support it needs, but barely any of England's results are in so there'll almost certainly be a huge swing towards the Tories in the next few hours.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16385 on: May 07, 2015, 10:41:20 pm »

I think the number of seats that the Torries take from the LDs is actually going to be vitally important.  It looks like it will be a very close call between whether Torries will have a majority or be ever so slightly shy of a majority (counting the 1 or 2 UKIP seats as Tory seats).  As a result the LDs might end up playing kingmaker again, chosing between supporting either another 5 years of Torydom or giving the reds a chance to try and cobble together the broadest grand coalition ever in UK politics.  We could see a result where like Conservatives 314, UKIP 1, Labour+SNP+Greens+Plaid Crymu 304 and once again Liberal Democrats have just enough votes in between to screw up the nation.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:44:42 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16386 on: May 07, 2015, 10:42:45 pm »

Lib Dems will take the Tories if they have a choice. They're dead-set on that decision being the right one, and forming an anti-Tory coalition now would undermine that half a decade of justifying themselves.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16387 on: May 07, 2015, 10:42:59 pm »

@mainiac: Good point. I was blanking over the fact that if the Tories consumed all their erstwhile ally's seats, they'd have an outright majority.

So far, it's about a 50/50 split. Labour has taken 3 or 4 from the LDs by my count, and the Tories have taken 3.

One thing I'm seeing in a number of constituencies is the LDs and UKIP basically trading percentiles. LDs drop 14-16% from 2010, UKIP picks up almost the entirety of that change. Which is just weird. Unless the LibDems were a lot closer to the UKIP in stance than I realized.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:46:17 pm by RedKing »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16388 on: May 07, 2015, 10:45:21 pm »

Not happy to have a Tory representing me :(.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16389 on: May 07, 2015, 10:46:53 pm »

Lib Dems will take the Tories if they have a choice. They're dead-set on that decision being the right one, and forming an anti-Tory coalition now would undermine that half a decade of justifying themselves.

After the fiasco tonight I doubt the Lib Dems are going to have the same leadership soon.  Whoever takes over might be able to get real election reform out of Labour and SNP.  After the past five years Labour will finally be awake to the fact that election reform is in their best interests.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16390 on: May 07, 2015, 10:50:13 pm »

Anyone started a "Nick Clegg Suicide Watch" yet? (And yes, I realize the irony given that he's made suicide prevention one of his policy areas...)

EDIT: Hold the effing phone...the Labour MP for Aberavon, Stephen Kinnock....is married to the Danish Prime Minister?? Shouldn't that be a disqualifier? Conflict of interest? Anyone?

EDIT #2: Nick Clegg keeps his seat, but is only the 6th LibDem to win tonight. Odds are pretty damn good he's out as party leader.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:54:46 pm by RedKing »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16391 on: May 07, 2015, 10:54:30 pm »

Can anyone give any numbers on the popular vote totals so far, projections or even wild speculation?  Why do you Brits not have this information plastered everywhere?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16392 on: May 07, 2015, 10:55:57 pm »

Once upon a time I described SNP's hold on Scotland as one-party rule. That was inaccurate. This is one-party rule. RIP Labor, I will no longer give you the dignity of being spelled with the Queen's English.

Break out the Scottish seziure avatar Owlbread, the time of ascendency has come.

Speaking of ascendency, David Cameron will hopefully shed his skin tonight out of excitement. You know how well that will sell online? His True Form may kill the weaker minded amongst us, but it will only strengthen humanity for the trials to come. *furious clicking noises*
Besides, that's a poor excuse. They should run EVERYWHERE. Hell, I'm tempted to run as SNP in the next town council elections, just because.
<- Would vote for SNP if they ran in North Carolina. See, it even sounds like an Uckland place if you ignore all history and context.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16393 on: May 07, 2015, 10:59:27 pm »

Can anyone give any numbers on the popular vote totals so far, projections or even wild speculation?  Why do you Brits not have this information plastered everywhere?
Tories are going to be the biggest party, very possibly an outright majority. A bit under half of the counts have gone through and unless the Tories have somehow lost a lot of seats in the currently undeclared constituencies I don't see anything changing.

Going to bed now, there's not a great deal of hope to be had for a positive outcome here.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16394 on: May 07, 2015, 11:00:13 pm »

If I ran as SNP my slogan would be "Let's get more votes then the Libertarian."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1393