Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749679 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #16245 on: May 07, 2015, 10:34:47 am »

That sounds illegal. At least, I know it is here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16246 on: May 07, 2015, 10:42:55 am »

I'm not sure what Uckland's laws on it are, but in the US I always have a fun time seeing the campaigners finding inventive ways to skirt the 150-foot coercion-free zone around voting areas.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16247 on: May 07, 2015, 12:52:09 pm »

It's like a little ring of politics with a politics center.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #16248 on: May 07, 2015, 01:01:47 pm »

General election tomorrow, polls open at 07:00 and close at 22:00. I sincerely hope all UK-based Baywatchers exercise their franchise.

My money is on Labour winning a plurality of the vote. Actually, I'd be willing to bet money on a Labour-SNP coalition.
You're on - what will it be? Five bucks or a beer?

I'll take a beer for this one.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16249 on: May 07, 2015, 01:13:05 pm »

The labour-SNP coalition, right? That's what I meant, at least. In ~five hours we'll know more :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16250 on: May 07, 2015, 02:03:08 pm »

Shows what you losers know, I'm all in on Labour-UKIP. It's a dark horse race, and I'm walking out of it rich.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #16251 on: May 07, 2015, 02:05:15 pm »

Shows what you losers know, I'm all in on Labour-UKIP. It's a dark horse race, and I'm walking out of it rich.

A minority UKIP-SNP government that declares Britain's independence from Scotland by kicking the latter out of the Union.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16252 on: May 07, 2015, 02:20:57 pm »

Finally everybody is happy!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: May 07, 2015, 02:50:38 pm »

Got my Plaid vote in a few hours ago - Labour and PC are neck and neck here, and the rest are nowhere. Amusingly not that far from the polling station was a big 5ft square UKIP advert board, coated in a thin layer of sheep excrement. It is fair to say that here in rural Wales, they are not well liked.
This is a blank sig.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: May 07, 2015, 03:01:34 pm »

The labour-SNP coalition, right? That's what I meant, at least. In ~five hours we'll know more :D

Yup. Also, if the Tories manage to form a government I'll eat my own socks.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: May 07, 2015, 03:14:04 pm »

Got my Plaid vote in a few hours ago - Labour and PC are neck and neck here, and the rest are nowhere. Amusingly not that far from the polling station was a big 5ft square UKIP advert board, coated in a thin layer of sheep excrement. It is fair to say that here in rural Wales, they are not well liked.
What's UKIP's stance on Wales (and the Welsh)? Best as I can tell it's "pander and promise money, and try to make the Welsh hate the Scottish".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: May 07, 2015, 03:17:57 pm »

What's UKIP's stance on Wales (and the Welsh)? Best as I can tell it's "pander and promise money, and try to make the Welsh hate the Scottish".

AFAIK they don't really have one. They raise the same points that are relevant in the urban deprived areas of England as if they are relevant here, when they totally are not. I do not think they really understand anything other than their heartlands.
This is a blank sig.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: May 07, 2015, 03:25:03 pm »

My understanding is that Plaid have a good chance at taking Ynys Mon and Ceredigion in addition to holding onto their 3 seats due to a handy surge in Plaid's favour. If UKIP are as popular as they seem to be in the Anglophone parts of the Welsh-speaking territories (e.g. Holyhead) then they'll split the Labour/Lib Dem/Tory vote, arguably letting Plaid in through the back door.

I put some very small bets on seats I think will go ways I don't want - East Renfrewshire, Berwickshire, Glasgow North East and Edinburgh South if I remember correctly. I've got bets on East Renfrewshire, GNE and Edinburgh South staying Labour while Berwickshire goes Tory from Lib Dem. The odds are still in the SNP's favour in some of these seats but I'm preparing for the worst. I put a bet on the SNP winning less than 50 seats too. If it all goes "badly" I should win around £25 that I can spend on a 1ltr bottle of Teacher's whisky and drink until I forget.

Of course, I've been reminding myself all day that if the SNP win 15 seats it'll be the best result they've ever had. If they win 25 it'll be an earthquake, if they win 35 it'll be incredible (the first time they've ever won a Scottish Westminster election), if they win 45+ it'll be astounding...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:28:56 pm by Owlbread »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: May 07, 2015, 03:33:35 pm »

A minority UKIP-SNP government that declares Britain's independence from Scotland by kicking the latter out of the Union.

I expect UKIP would then invade us to liberate the proud english inhabitants of Scotland from oppression.  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16259 on: May 07, 2015, 03:39:33 pm »

I've got to be up for 05:30 tomorrow morning so I can't stay up to see how things go, but maybe it's for the best. Who knows. The exit poll will be at 10 past 10 as far as I can tell.
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1393