Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749920 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #16170 on: May 02, 2015, 03:47:44 pm »

Didn't the founder of Tatu basically admit to it being supposed to be a pedophilic fantasy at some time?
Judging by that ""art" project", yes, he basically admitted this.

EDIT2: Thanks DH that advise was most useful
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:24:02 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16171 on: May 02, 2015, 04:12:34 pm »

You might like to actually edit that out. Because, y'know, just strike-throughing the flamey thing won't make it any less flamey.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16172 on: May 02, 2015, 06:18:28 pm »

Meanwhile in Donetsk...

Such shit has been going on for the past two months in various parts of the frontline, by the way.

EDIT: another video
Novorossiyan sources cited by Russia's Colonel Cassad claim Ukrainian forces are using heavy artillery against them, including rocket artillery systems "Uragan". Multiple areas of the city were hit.
Some Ukrainian sources on Twitter citing some informant in the Ukrainian army, on the other hand, claim the shelling was done by Russian army troops that are reportedly on the offensive in Donetsk.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:44:58 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16173 on: May 03, 2015, 09:49:36 am »

Anyone watching the Scottish Leaders debate tonight?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16174 on: May 03, 2015, 08:02:58 pm »

Anyone watching the Scottish Leaders debate tonight?

I watched it. I thought Nicola Sturgeon performed well as usual and I enjoyed seeing Ruth Davidson and Jim Murphy at loggerheads. The format wasn't great though, considering there was a lot of talking-over going on. It meant that when Davidson out and out called Murphy a liar he wasn't able to do/say much - with Glen Campbell desperate to move onto the next question. I thought when Murphy did his ultra-defensive "How DARE you" routine he came across as quite threatening and dominant, I don't know if he had a point though because of the format.

I also wasn't happy with the host Glen Campbell's overall approach, putting Nicola Sturgeon under a lot more scrutiny than the other candidates and not letting her defend herself properly. It was just another one of those scenarios where she gets ganged up on by 3 opposition parties and has to deal with the intense scrutiny usually given to front runners. I also saw Campbell share a sneaky wee smirk with Murphy at one point when Sturgeon said she wasn't going into the details on something.

All in all Davidson got another free ride, despite being the representative of the UK government on the panel, Willie Rennie was his usual self, Sturgeon held it together under a lot of pressure and Murphy made an absolute tit of himself by accidentally saying "fundilymundily" on national television instead of "fundamentally". I think he's just exhausted and at wits end considering he's fighting to hold onto his seat.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:04:46 pm by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16175 on: May 06, 2015, 04:53:09 am »

Fvcking economy how does it work... oh wait, let me check something real quick.

Welp seems like Saudi's have folded up. That explains the currency rise.

Remember all those people saying that "the age of costly oil has passed forever and now oil will always be cheap forever"? Yeah, no.
._.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16176 on: May 06, 2015, 05:25:32 am »

Remember all those people saying that "the age of costly oil has passed forever and now oil will always be cheap forever"? Yeah, no.
I don't remember them. Were there any like that? Can one fail physics that badly?
Taste my Paci-Fist

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16177 on: May 06, 2015, 05:34:42 am »

Stop relying solely on currency rates as signs of economy strength.

Look at all this money that russia no longer has

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16178 on: May 06, 2015, 06:43:59 am »

Oil prices are disappointing but it is still way better than average ~$100 yearly price.

As long as Brent is <$90 per barrel I consider it to be a good price.

PS.
Dear Greek Economy, can you collapse sooner?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16179 on: May 06, 2015, 06:45:46 am »

Why do you want the greek economy to collapse?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16180 on: May 06, 2015, 06:47:43 am »

Eurozone crisis, world economy (or at least the European one) going to shit, taking Russia with it, I guess.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16181 on: May 06, 2015, 07:18:40 am »

Eurozone recession will likely bring oil prices down :)
It is a half-joke here

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16182 on: May 06, 2015, 07:21:56 am »

Eurozone crisis, world economy (or at least the European one) going to shit, taking Russia with it, I guess.
European politics tend to get very interesting when shit hits the fan. I'm sure you heard what happened the last time Europe hit a great economic depression? Also, the E.U. collapsing would probably be a net positive for Russia in the long run, and Russia does like to play the long game.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:23:38 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16183 on: May 06, 2015, 07:31:09 am »

If the 2008 world crisis hasn't brough down the oil prices for long, then a mere Eurozone crisis won't do that.

People were predicting Russia collapse in 2008, too, and how did that end? With increasing oil prices, of course!

Dear Ded Moroz, I know that it's totally not an appropriate time to send wishes to you, but can you please make average price on oil in this year more than 100 $ per barrel?
._.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16184 on: May 06, 2015, 07:39:53 am »

If the 2008 world crisis hasn't brough down the oil prices for long, then a mere Eurozone crisis won't do that.

People were predicting Russia collapse in 2008, too, and how did that end? With increasing oil prices, of course!

Dear Ded Moroz, I know that it's totally not an appropriate time to send wishes to you, but can you please make average price on oil in this year more than 100 $ per barrel?
Honestly, I think the U.S. is more likely to collapse or go through serious upheaval before Russia does again.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1393