Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750855 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #15855 on: April 09, 2015, 03:41:11 pm »

Not really, the idea of scientific and technical progress as an objective good was great back in the late 19th/early 20th century. It kinda died recently.
It's still there, it's just that people don't usually think about it. Modern society cannot live without the Internet and computers, and I don't see many people riling up in arms against them. Modern medicine is universally praised, too.

I don't really see the idea of scientific and technical progress as an objective good dying, when almost all people in the world are using the results of said scientific and technical progress.
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15857 on: April 11, 2015, 04:07:45 am »

So, this is a thing Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams reveals political 'kill list' in General Election video   Creepiest electoral propaganda I've ever seen, I got kind of a Margret thatcher vibe for some reason.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #15858 on: April 11, 2015, 04:11:49 am »

ayy lmao

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: April 11, 2015, 05:00:56 am »

Language, Maisie. Apparently you're not 18 yet but that shit ain't cool.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: April 11, 2015, 05:53:45 am »

So, this is a thing Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams reveals political 'kill list' in General Election video   Creepiest electoral propaganda I've ever seen, I got kind of a Margret thatcher vibe for some reason.
That RP-accent takes out most of the edge. Lovely, but needs more Arya. (...and more stabbing.)

Russia banned dank memes despite their inability to melt steel beams.
That other censorship law is even more draconian, though:
Just last August, Russia enacted a law that forced all bloggers with more than 3,000 daily readers to register with the Roskomnadzor, basically outlawing anonymous blogs.
Does that apply to forum posts as well? And what about social media? Things aren't looking up for Russian internets. 

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15862 on: April 11, 2015, 06:33:03 am »

I'd vote for Greens myself. I'm not sure what anyone can hold against them, really. I didn't notice anything really weird in the program.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: April 11, 2015, 07:35:36 am »

Green parties in general often tend to have anti-science, pro-naturalism bend.

Though, as far as some rudimentary research has suggested, it appears they have gotten rid of that part of the program. Well, they're still trying to ban GMO's, but at least the alternative medicine stuff is out.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15864 on: April 11, 2015, 08:25:03 am »

I'd vote for Greens myself. I'm not sure what anyone can hold against them, really. I didn't notice anything really weird in the program.

I would probably vote Green if I was English but they are an extremely middle class party. I'm concerned by their inability to appeal to people across the socio-economic spectrum.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: April 11, 2015, 08:39:36 am »

Green parties in general often tend to have anti-science, pro-naturalism bend.

Though, as far as some rudimentary research has suggested, it appears they have gotten rid of that part of the program. Well, they're still trying to ban GMO's, but at least the alternative medicine stuff is out.
They're still generally rabidly and unreasonably anti-nuclear, when nuclear power is objectively one of the safest forms of electricity known.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: April 11, 2015, 08:59:52 am »

Shame there's not really anyone to vote for.

Libs have less spine than an octopus and are twats, Labs and Cons are general twatwaffles, UKIP are bigger twatwaffles, BNP are twattage squared, Greens are unbelievably unrealistic...

This explains the rise of the SNP. Alas, in Wales, Plaid will continue to struggle due to the Labour heartlands of the valleys of the south (what with it being the birthplace of the Labour movement in general) until we Welsh as a nation have a serious attitude change at some point in the medium term future about what role Wales has in the UK.
This is a blank sig.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #15867 on: April 11, 2015, 09:14:30 am »

My main issue with British politics at the moment after last election, where the Lib Dems were actually almost worth voting for and proceeded to salt the earth at their feet, it's reached the point where the only move I and many other people see as viable option is not to play. None of them deserve a vote, none of them have earned a vote.

There's only parties I don't want to see in power and varying degrees. UKIP or BNP would basically make me want to try and finish what Guy Fawkes started, Labour and Conservative burnt all possible good will, Lib Dem have salted the earth at their feet, and I've lived in a city with the Greens in power...yeah. I still disagree with a lot of their policies, but Green are probably the best of the bad lot.

"If it's a choice between one evil or another, I'd rather not choose at all." has become my view at this point. I'd rather just be able to wash my hands of the whole mess and tell all of them where they can shove it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:28:29 am by MorleyDev »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15868 on: April 11, 2015, 09:29:15 am »

They're still generally rabidly and unreasonably anti-nuclear, when nuclear power is objectively one of the safest forms of electricity known.

And the winner for worst misuse of the word "objectively" of the week goes to...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15869 on: April 11, 2015, 10:08:48 am »

And the winner for worst misuse of the word "objectively" of the week goes to...
Your disagreement with it does not make it "misuse".

http://science.time.com/2013/07/08/nuclear-energy-is-largely-safe-but-can-it-be-cheap/
http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/Safety-and-Security/Safety-of-Plants/Safety-of-Nuclear-Power-Reactors/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:11:38 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 1393