Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748065 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #14595 on: January 22, 2015, 05:10:33 pm »

Ok, here is what I see when I click on your link.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No chart. How the hell am I supposed to see this as supportive of your argument?

Also, what Antsan said regarding those charts including the emissions linked to trade.

Edit: I think part of the issue is that I used CE to mean Consumption Emissions, while you seem to have understood it to mean Carbon Emissions.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:14:03 pm by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14596 on: January 22, 2015, 05:12:23 pm »

Does not support his argument.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: January 22, 2015, 05:17:08 pm »

No chart. How the hell am I supposed to see this as supportive of your argument?

Because Mich goes and posts an alternative link before I even have time to read your post saying it didn't work?  Perhaps this link is more to your liking, although it doesn't contain as much information as Mich provided.

https://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=en_atm_co2e_pc&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=region&idim=country:DEU:POL:FRA&ifdim=region&tstart=664520400000&tend=1264136400000&hl=en&dl=en&ind=false&xMax=113.97441400000002&xMin=-51.259960999999976&yMax=10.310911446662338&yMin=78.55968031536642&mapType=t&icfg&iconSize=0.5

How is asking "We done then?" agreeable instead of condescending?

Easily?  It's the internet, you can't hear the tone of my voice.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: January 22, 2015, 05:26:25 pm »

Again, I did not dispute that the amount of CO2 emitted from the territory of Germany decreased over the last decades. Indeed, my first post started with a link to a chart very similar to this one (although from the World Bank's website rather than Google).

My point is that the drop in CO2 emitted by a country is misleading, because it does not reflect to CO2 emitted to sustain the living standard of that country's inhabitant. Hence my example with Britain, where CO2 emissions kept raising once you accounted for the CO2 emitted in China to produce goods consumed by Britons (and of course substracted CO2 emitted in Britain to produce goods exported).

Edit: Actually, Google use the World Bank's data, so good job linking me the exact same data I linked in my own post.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:31:46 pm by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14599 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:24 pm »

Every politician will say anything to garner votes.

They're all fucking clowns.

This is true, but it's like a black belt. There are degrees of fucking clown-ishness. He just happens to be of a higher degree than others, in my opinion.

A good measure of how much of a clown politicians are is how often people abroad share links and snicker about how dumb they are. Think Berlusconi, the man who singlehandedly made Italy the laughing stock of Europe for over a decade.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14600 on: January 22, 2015, 06:02:12 pm »

This is true, but it's like a black belt. There are degrees of fucking clown-ishness. He just happens to be of a higher degree than others, in my opinion.

A good measure of how much of a clown politicians are is how often people abroad share links and snicker about how dumb they are. Think Berlusconi, the man who singlehandedly made Italy the laughing stock of Europe for over a decade.

He's still doing it really, just to a slightly lesser extent. Wasn't he running for President/Prime Minister again?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: January 22, 2015, 06:04:00 pm »

So who's on that list? Berlusconi, Kim-Jong-Un, Bush... Putin?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: January 22, 2015, 06:05:10 pm »

Farage to an extent, maybe Boris Johnson.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: January 22, 2015, 06:06:20 pm »

Actually, there are a lots of Americans Republicans on that list. Bachmann, Santorum, Herman Cain, Sarah Palin...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14604 on: January 22, 2015, 06:06:57 pm »

Romney didn't exactly paint a good picture during the last election.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: January 22, 2015, 06:27:25 pm »

Bachmann
Sometimes I'm asking myself whether it'd be worth giving up my left nut to change the 'ch' in her name to a 't'.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: January 22, 2015, 08:10:29 pm »

Comes with the territory of democracy. Everyone from the most righteous man to the most evil one is bound to the public's will, so they must all be flatterers of public opinion. The alternative is
Bachmann
Sometimes I'm asking myself whether it'd be worth giving up my left nut to change the 'ch' in her name to a 't'.
Probably not, because she'd just change it back and you'd be down a nut.

Anyway, my two cents is that the green manifesto is hilarious.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: January 23, 2015, 05:11:44 am »

British MP gives European integration a try and promptly dies.

Never try drinking contests with Poles.

We even had some historical success on that field against Russians, which is saying something.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: January 23, 2015, 05:15:59 am »

There is that nice story about Napoleon's army once celebrating a victory in Spain, and everyone getting roaring drunk. Then there was a surprise attack, that was only repelled by a charge of Polish cavalry, leading to Napoleon exhorting his troops "Soldiers! Drink if you want to, but drink like Poles!"

Although nowadays, "drinking like a pole" in French just mean drinking a whole lot.

Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1393