Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747808 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #14475 on: January 18, 2015, 04:25:03 pm »

LW: The Metaphor Master.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14476 on: January 18, 2015, 04:46:15 pm »

LW: The Metaphor Master.
It's all metaphors, metaphorical dicks everywhere.
The LW of yesteryear really loved metaphors

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: January 18, 2015, 09:22:55 pm »

You should make 2015 your year of the simile, LW.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14478 on: January 19, 2015, 04:11:13 am »

Okay, this is getting rediculous, a 14-years old French girl was just charged with "defending terrorism" (Which I'll remind you can carry a prison sentence of up to 5 years) for shouting "We're the sisters of Kouachi, we'll go get the Kalashs on a tram".

We reached the second stage of terrorism, justice giving up its logic for emotions and politics advocating the opposite of what we stand for.

Between the stupid teens getting charged and the news telling that it's okay to not follow the human rights sometimes, we're giving terrorist treats on a silver platter.

And I was having a little hope for a while...

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: January 19, 2015, 04:21:43 am »

They are all pretty much the same. Some arrange their public image to look more conservative, others to look more liberal; in the end it's all PR. In the meaningful nuances they are all the same (just like the factions that support them, IMO)
John XXIII would be a counterexample.

John Paul I may of been different too, though he ended up dead, making it hard to tell.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: January 20, 2015, 08:06:37 am »

Okay so he's just victim blaming those shooting victims. Phew it's okay guys, we can rest easy knowing that getting killed for disagreeing with someone is your own fault.
What would you do if somebody insulted your mother?

What makes you think that anybody west of Odra river would do anything in that situation? It's not like Western Europe is ready to defend itself from anything. :P
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: January 20, 2015, 08:35:18 am »

Okay so he's just victim blaming those shooting victims. Phew it's okay guys, we can rest easy knowing that getting killed for disagreeing with someone is your own fault.

What makes you think that anybody west of Odra river would do anything in that situation? It's not like Western Europe is ready to defend itself from anything. :P
GIGN would like to talk with you.
._.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: January 20, 2015, 10:23:58 am »

You mean these guys?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: January 20, 2015, 10:26:28 am »

Just crossposting this here:

Holy crap, you are worst than Bush. Never go full Bush or below that  :D.
Also your not correct on "Ukraine can use its airforce with impunity, Russia cannot", or the bomber/yugoslavia reference. Except in case you are asking for USA and NATO to go directly in combat against russia. But in both cases not sure how it will be faster or in any way better for europe, and is very strange thinking I must say.

Helgoland the war mongler from the shadows :P.
I suppose I am a war monger - a short, intense war saves the lives that pacifists squander.
Russia can't use its airforce, because then everyone would have to admit it was involved directly.
Ukraine can use its airforce - but there's plenty of AA down there, which would have to be removed.
The Serbs in the 90s had one of he most advanced AA systems on the planet - the German Tornados however could pick up their radar, so anytime there was a Tornado in the air the AA systems would go unused, and NATO could drop its bombs unhindered. Giving Ukraine these capabilities would give it a huge advantage in this war.
And no, I am not arguing for direct Western intervention (here), just for arms sales to Ukraine and various other behind-the-scenes stuff. Nothing more than Russia does at the moment.

No, you silly German Warmonger.

*puts a WWI style German helmet on helgo* :D

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: January 20, 2015, 11:50:10 am »

Nothing more than Russia does at the moment.

Oh well it's all cool then. It's not like we criticise Russia for doing this or anything.
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: January 20, 2015, 11:55:37 am »

Hey, I don't criticize (all) their methods, I criticize their goals. The West is (looking at it superficially) doing the same things in Syria right now, after all.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: January 20, 2015, 12:22:04 pm »

You mean these guys?
Hey, I'd like to see you try to climb up a slippery 45 degree hill in full body armor!
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: January 20, 2015, 12:40:58 pm »

As hilarious as that video is; why do SWAT uniforms not come with spiked or at least properly rifled soles?
Love, scriver~

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: January 20, 2015, 01:51:51 pm »

Reply to Helgoland's post in the American Election thread:

The Serbs in the 90s had one of he most advanced AA systems on the planet - the German Tornados however could pick up their radar, so anytime there was a Tornado in the air the AA systems would go unused, and NATO could drop its bombs unhindered. Giving Ukraine these capabilities would give it a huge advantage in this war.
Serbia in 1999 didn't have any S-300 systems. Belarusian president Lukashenko informally offered to send several S-300 systems to Milosevic in the late 1990s, however, Milosevic refused, being sure that NATO won't attack a European country like Serbia under any pretext. When NATO's intent to attack Serbia was practically certain, the Serbian media released a fake photo of its troops operating a S-300. It helped delay the war for a few months while American radio surveillance planes were looking for radar signals of S-300, and when they found out that it was a bluff, the bombings began.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: January 20, 2015, 02:09:16 pm »

Now that we're talking about the Serbian war, I must acknowledge that I don't actually now much about it. Anyone willing to give a concise explanation.
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1393