Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1758999 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #13260 on: November 30, 2014, 11:28:11 pm »

How did this get into a tangent on girlfriends?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: December 01, 2014, 03:01:08 am »

'Über dies und das reden' would be more natural, but it sounds a bit antiquated

Hehe. In my defense, my Abitur was 20 years ago. I'm an oldtimer.:)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: December 01, 2014, 04:30:14 am »

What region do you come from? That might influence usage as well.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: December 01, 2014, 04:57:09 am »

Meanwhile, Belgium continues it's involuntarily nuclear phase-out. Transformator at tihange-3 exploded, which resulted in shutdown of the 1 GW reactor.

Luckily, half the country is on strike right not, but a blackout might be on the table for wednesday. Then again, the official off/on energy meter is still saying that there's no problem to be expected.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: December 01, 2014, 05:27:16 am »

Meanwhile, Belgium continues it's involuntarily nuclear phase-out. Transformator at tihange-3 exploded, which resulted in shutdown of the 1 GW reactor.

Luckily, half the country is on strike right not, but a blackout might be on the table for wednesday. Then again, the official off/on energy meter is still saying that there's no problem to be expected.
Hahahaha WHAT
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: December 01, 2014, 05:30:39 am »

Hahahaha WHAT

Cant find a news article for it, but transformers are usually a good distance away from everything else in power plants. They're filled with dry wood, oil and paper and are thus super volatile... There shouldnt be any kind of risk of nuclear accident.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: December 01, 2014, 05:34:54 am »

Here it is: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.534628,5.272533&q=50.534628,5.272533&hl=en&t=h&z=15&output=classic&dg=brw

Looks like the transformers are probably underground. The whole area looks very crowded for a nuclear power plant...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: December 01, 2014, 07:07:18 am »

Netherlands. Gymnasium in Arnhem (Arnheim)

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: December 01, 2014, 07:16:53 am »

Netherlands. Gymnasium in Arnhem (Arnheim)
But Arnheim isn't German-speaking, is it?
It funny though - I grew up not too far away from where you live, but I've only very rarely heard that phrase in use. Aren't there maps for this type of thing?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: December 01, 2014, 09:17:34 am »

People speak Dutch in Arnheim. It's very close to the German border though, so the local coffeeshops tended to teach the school youth German language even when they were skipping classes for a smoke. <grin>

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: December 01, 2014, 09:34:04 am »

Damn - all we had was the Christmas market during wintertime. You could sneak (walk, really) out after class, drink a Glühwein, and be back in time for the next one. It was the only way I could make my physics class even remotely acceptable :D
The Bay12 postcard club

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: December 02, 2014, 07:58:03 am »

Here it is: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.534628,5.272533&q=50.534628,5.272533&hl=en&t=h&z=15&output=classic&dg=brw

Looks like the transformers are probably underground. The whole area looks very crowded for a nuclear power plant...
And our other nuclear power plant is right next to the second-largest city of Belgium and one of the largest harbors of Europe. :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: December 02, 2014, 09:37:02 am »

So I chanced upon some old RIA articles. They're in German, but I couldn't find an English version. The dates, however, are interesting.

Medvedev claiming Russia doesn't want war, in 2012.
The military threats to Russia are growing, says Russian minister of defense. January of this year.
The Russian chief of the General Staff believes a large-scale war is possible and emphasizes that the Russian army is prepared for such an event. From 2013 (!).

Also, there's this: RIA announces that the pro-Russian forces have won the election in Moldova. They didn't, though.
The Bay12 postcard club

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: December 02, 2014, 03:03:54 pm »

And our other nuclear power plant is right next to the second-largest city of Belgium and one of the largest harbors of Europe. :P
Meh, the wind blows north most of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1393