Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1758413 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12885 on: November 14, 2014, 08:42:17 am »

Today is supposed to be the last day to deliver Mistrals to Russia. One day late and Russia has the right to recieve a financial compensation - more than 3 billion Euro.

I just called Francois. He said he didnt know what ships I was talking about.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12886 on: November 14, 2014, 08:47:22 am »

Or France will say fuck off. After all if Russia ignores international law, why other countries should do that when dealing with Russia

But more likely there are legal ways to not pay that.

Personally, I prefer Russia receiving the vessel and spending some money on that. It is not like it will turn Russian Navy in a much stronger force, while spent money will bring collapse of Russian economy closer
Declaring Russia outside of international law has some very unpleasant consequences, one of which would involve gas pipes.

Russia has already payed up for the ships. Apparently not. Derp.

And I don't thing there are legal ways to avoid it when the fine amount is explicitly stated in contract itself. Even if there are, it would set a pretty bad precedent for France and would hurt its image as a reliable weapon exporting country.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:49:00 am by Sergarr »
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12887 on: November 14, 2014, 08:53:03 am »

Sergarr, I dream about Russia sanctioning EU by closing gas pipes. It is the best decision Russian government can do

As for the image... I think selling weapons to bloodthirsty regimes is bad for the international image of any European country. Selling weapons to Putin nowadays is almost the same as selling weapons to Kim or Assad
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:01:11 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12888 on: November 14, 2014, 09:13:55 am »

Lol, why hasn't Russia paid for it already? Though I guess it's a 'we won't pay until you deliver the goods' type deal.

Wouldn't be surprised if Putin did some dickwaving with the two new carriers.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12889 on: November 14, 2014, 09:16:40 am »

Lol, why hasn't Russia paid for it already? Though I guess it's a 'we won't pay until you deliver the goods' type deal.

Wouldn't be surprised if Putin did some dickwaving with the two new carriers.

With big orders like this you always pay in tranches, the last one on completed delivery.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12890 on: November 14, 2014, 09:18:29 am »

Pay in tranches? I think you mean in parts?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12891 on: November 14, 2014, 09:19:20 am »

Yes in parts, the specific term for it is tranche.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12892 on: November 14, 2014, 09:21:37 am »

Yes in parts, the specific term for it is tranche.

Oh, hadn't heard of that term.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12893 on: November 14, 2014, 09:23:07 am »

I might be mixing up how this term is used in english financial language, but it should be obvious what I meant.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12894 on: November 14, 2014, 09:39:23 am »

I did get what you meant, was just a bit confused because I hadn't heard of the term tranches or tranche.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12895 on: November 14, 2014, 09:44:47 am »

German neo-nazis are once again up to some wacky hijinks: A neo-nazi party is apparently demanding that the city council of Dortmund give them a full list of all Jews, Kurds, and AIDS patients in the town. They have one seat on the council there, which is bad enough in and of itself.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12896 on: November 14, 2014, 09:48:16 am »

On another naval subject, The Swedish military says they have data confirming there was a submarine outside Stockholm.

The main proof is from sensor readings they won't make public. They did release a sidescan image of a seafloor track though:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12897 on: November 14, 2014, 09:51:03 am »

Regarding that ship, IIRC France already said it won't deliver it a little while ago? I remember there was definitiely news about something like that, though it might have been just a threat of not delivering it rather than outright refusal.

nazis

Wow.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12898 on: November 14, 2014, 09:52:19 am »

German neo-nazis are once again up to some wacky hijinks: A neo-nazi party is apparently demanding that the city council of Dortmund give them a full list of all Jews, Kurds, and AIDS patients in the town. They have one seat on the council there, which is bad enough in and of itself.

What would neo-nazis have against AIDS patients? Besides the mythical stereotype that only homosexuals AIDS, which I don't believe in.

Inb4 some of their own members actually have AIDS.

On another naval subject, The Swedish military says they have data confirming there was a submarine outside Stockholm.

The main proof is from sensor readings they won't make public. They did release a sidescan image of a seafloor track though:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm going to note here that there is no scale reference. Of course though, it doesn't show anything about nationality.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12899 on: November 14, 2014, 10:02:40 am »

Why are neo-nazis taking interest in Kurds now? are they supporting ISIS or something?
Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 1393