Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757952 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12540 on: November 03, 2014, 08:53:22 am »

Why should they leave a 30-40 m gap? It's not like anybody can put an air-strike or an artillery barrage on them at the border.

Besides, this looks like a traffic jam to me, and trust me, you want to have no free space between trucks in a Russian traffic jam. Otherwise you can expect it to become filled with civilian cars.

Its just a very poor practice. As I said theres also been many photos of guys who had been shot to bits, burned and melted in convoys like that with all kinds of vehicles from trucks to T-72s(Ukrainians too) - if they only could they'd probably agree now. Keeping the distance is something that every military practices(should practice) and is very, very basic stuff, both on the foot as with vehicles.

There where no t-72 in ukraine that I know of. Hack i know when west propaganda posted videos of so called few russian tanks t 72 crossing the border to join pro russian (and there was a lot of media buzz about it) back when the war is going on, but they where not t 72, but t 64 with active defense on them that passed through the village.

So generally people should really be careful when reading a lot of news, without any proofs. I actually thought there where some real proof (videos or some good pictures where you can see the location) of russian tanks/armor in there (if there are, than they are using same ones that ukraine has), but I can not find any proof of them, and most of pictures and videos are just showing ukraine version and declaring they are russian (or lie/dont know how t 72 looks). Pro russian got a lot of armor from ukraine troops (and probably russian too), some without fight where they surrender/joined, or when they run away and left them (where there are actually videos about it on internet) .

Western propaganda? Lol. I have not claimed the so called "Western" media to be this or that or anything(other than vastly more objective and money-driven than its Russian counterpart).

T-72 was a typo made in a haste(I was about to catch a bus) and I was supposed to type T-64/T-80/T-84(basically the same tank I think)(all of which Ukraine has in masses and that are also operated now by the separatists) instead. I'm more of an aviation man myself than a tankist and dont know them all by heart - just a case of a name of a more common tank type being used instead of the correct one.

Regardless, Russia still has everything to do with the war in Ukraine, T-72s or not. But that has been discussed to the death already and was not a part of my semi-humoristic point.

No, you did not, It was just my comment (not directly related to your post) when west or russia post something that is not correct and I call it propaganda (west/russian propaganda)

Oh, russia does have a lot of things to do with the war (but not everything), no doubt about that.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:59:53 am by miljan »
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12541 on: November 03, 2014, 08:55:57 am »

@mijan: Erkki was just asking about why there isn't a safety buffer of space between the convoy trucks, not whether they were real T-72s or whatever.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12542 on: November 03, 2014, 08:59:19 am »

@mijan: Erkki was just asking about why there isn't a safety buffer of space between the convoy trucks, not whether they were real T-72s or whatever.

I know, but you see he got those t 72 from somewhere, and I think its better to correct a mistake (as I am very interested in military/tanks and similar). 
Make love not war

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12543 on: November 03, 2014, 11:16:47 am »

So apparently more and more Israel are immigrating to Europe, especially Germany. So far this is more than compensated by Jews emigrating from France and Eastern Europe, but the political make-up is interesting: those that leaves Israel are younger, more liberal and more secular than those who replace them.

This doesn't bode well for Israel in my opinion.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12544 on: November 03, 2014, 11:32:17 am »

So apparently more and more Israel are immigrating to Europe, especially Germany. So far this is more than compensated by Jews emigrating from France and Eastern Europe, but the political make-up is interesting: those that leaves Israel are younger, more liberal and more secular than those who replace them.

not a big surprise

israel is conservative as fuck, bordering on c+

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12545 on: November 03, 2014, 11:57:24 am »

My guess is that Israeli doves (mostly the younger generation) are just throwing up their hands and saying "Fuck it" and punching their ticket to more pacifist nations, like Germany. Plus, as the article points out, it ain't cheap to live in the Holy Land.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12546 on: November 03, 2014, 12:02:31 pm »

* Descan giggles a little at the historical irony.

Hitler would be crushed.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12547 on: November 03, 2014, 12:09:51 pm »

My guess is that Israeli doves (mostly the younger generation) are just throwing up their hands and saying "Fuck it" and punching their ticket to more pacifist nations, like Germany. Plus, as the article points out, it ain't cheap to live in the Holy Land.

It WOULD be great if the doves would stay so that they'd come to power, but that's going to take a few decades for that to slowly happen and can you imagine the same situation going on in Israel continuing for another 30 years?

Also, Israeli-American relations have gotten frayed recently, but obviously not enough for us to say 'fuck this, this has got to stop'.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12548 on: November 03, 2014, 12:13:18 pm »

It WOULD be great if the doves would stay so that they'd come to power, but that's going to take a few decades for that to slowly happen and can you imagine the same situation going on in Israel continuing for another 30 years?

Also, Israeli-American relations have gotten frayed recently, but obviously not enough for us to say 'fuck this, this has got to stop'.
As long as there is a money spigot from AIPAC and Christian fundamentalists into the US political system, we will NEVER say "fuck this" to Israel. Which is a shame, because seriously....fuck this.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12549 on: November 03, 2014, 01:08:59 pm »

Apparently, fighting broke out again near the Donetsk Airport this evening.
RT is currently livestreaming through a webcam located near the airport. Nothing is happening and you can't see a thing, though.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12550 on: November 03, 2014, 01:18:32 pm »

the crazies came from somewhere, you know

guess the purge wasn't thorough enough, someone call obama and make him magically open the borders for another batch tia

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12551 on: November 03, 2014, 01:27:47 pm »

Well, it's a continuation of an existing trend: Israel's shift to the far-right over the last 20 years is in large part due to massive immigration from the former USSR after communist's collapse. (Since 1989 over a million Jews emigrated from the former USSR to Israel. Israel's Jewish population is just over 6 millions).

You remember when we had Russians posters explaining that the genocide of the circassian and the deportation of the Crimean Tatar was okay? Well, imagine a million people like that emigrating to Israel...

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12552 on: November 03, 2014, 01:47:31 pm »

There's some irony in Soviet Jews being the carriers of genocidal movement. Especially considering that they claimed that USSR has tried to genocide them, too IIRC.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12553 on: November 03, 2014, 01:47:59 pm »

Hey, it's not genocide, slow ethnic cleansing at the worse.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12554 on: November 03, 2014, 01:55:16 pm »

Either way, don't you find that people who claimed to have been ethnic cleansed and condemned that as a crime will immediately attempt to pull the exact same shit once they have the freedom to do so incredibly ironic?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 1393