Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757911 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12510 on: November 02, 2014, 12:24:15 pm »

Is Fomenko that guy who though Jesus Christ live in 1000 AD?
Yes. That's the guy who thought that everything dated before the invention of the printing press was fabricated. Everything.

The really sad thing is I've once met one guy who apparently believed in that shit.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: November 02, 2014, 12:29:36 pm »

Not worse than guys who believe in 911 conspiracy
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: November 02, 2014, 02:15:42 pm »

I disagree. Denying a small 3000 years of recorded history, versus assuming the US government is slightly insane and a hyper competent card carrying villain.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12513 on: November 02, 2014, 02:18:04 pm »

slightly insane and a hyper competent card carrying villain

Is this a Yu-Gi-Oh! reference I don't get?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: November 02, 2014, 02:19:37 pm »

Hello, I occasionally work as a villain. Here's my card.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: November 02, 2014, 07:02:07 pm »

I disagree. Denying a small 3000 years of recorded history, versus assuming the US government is slightly insane and a hyper competent card carrying villain.
Yeah, nobody would believe USA government is competent.  :P
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: November 02, 2014, 11:55:20 pm »

Unidentified drones have been flying over French nuclear powerplants repeatedly since early october. So far, it is unknown who is controlling them. French government gave permission to shoot them down today, if any more are sighted.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: November 03, 2014, 12:06:51 am »

Unidentified drones have been flying over French nuclear powerplants repeatedly since early october. So far, it is unknown who is controlling them. French government gave permission to shoot them down today, if any more are sighted.

Linkage to story? Also haven't heard anything about it on CNN, but they're mostly ebola and politics anyway.

Wild guess would be Germany, but could be anybodys really. The whole thing with the drones is right up there with NSA spying on Germany, except a whole bunch more obvious and possibly larger implications.

If they are from the US, as in owned and flown by the US, I'm going to facepalm so hard XD

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: November 03, 2014, 12:25:49 am »

sorry, only got an article from yesterday's dutch newspaper on it: http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/geheimzinnige-dronetjes-tarten-het-grote-nucleaire-frankrijk~a3781272/

Your line of thought that it would be Germany is somewhat silly. I don't think anyone here in Europe would think that.
At first they thought it might be Greenpeace. But then again, Greenpeace would happily admit to that, just to show another flaw in nuclear security. And they denied. For now it is assumed to be some yet unknown environmentalist group, or antiglobalist organisation. Although I doubt those. My two guesses would be either Putin, or radical islamists.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: November 03, 2014, 12:52:52 am »

I did say wild and random guess.

It sounded like you were talking about the military type drones and I seriously doubt Greenpeace would be able to get their hands on one.

It's REALLY not likely to be the US because we could just use our spysats, which would be much more discreet if we actually wanted to do that, we have no real reason to spy on the nuke plants, AND we have that whole NSA spying scandal, why risk another one. Plus Obama probably has to okay that kind of stuff.

Radical Islamists would probably just divebomb the drone into the nuclear power plant and they'd have a LOT of territory to cross before they got to france.

Putin..... MAYBE, but again, theres a good deal of territory to cross (he could do a loop around the North Sea, but I don't know about flight time) and theres no rational reason for him to spy on the nuke plants with drones.

France should just shoot down the next one and find out who the heck owns it. Though now that Hollande (the French president) has said that publicily, whoever is behind it might wise up and stop.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: November 03, 2014, 01:02:33 am »

North Korea obviously.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: November 03, 2014, 01:04:11 am »

I wouldn't put it past England to screw around with France by sending drones over the nuke plants. Gotta make sure the British nuke plants are better than the French ones, right? ;D lol

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: November 03, 2014, 01:08:38 am »

Aren't French powerplants widely agreed to be the best in the world?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: November 03, 2014, 01:10:27 am »

I was making an English-French rivalry joke, come on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: November 03, 2014, 01:19:09 am »

Also, there's no saying it was military drones. Could have been civilian, like a GoPro or whatever those are called. The nuclear drones are apparently small, according to a G-translated version of that article.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1393