Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757875 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12480 on: October 31, 2014, 07:09:32 am »

the guy running the show was elected democratically, after all
That can be said about most modern and some pre-modern dictators, really.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: October 31, 2014, 07:13:24 am »

Yeah, democracy doesn't stop at the ballot box. He also only got his huge 2/3rd majority because he changed the rules to his advantage.

This isn't simply about some wishy-washy "surrendering to big business". This is a frontal assault on democracy, coming from within the EU. Had Hungary tried to pull that kind of shit while applying to join, they would have been refused accession.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: October 31, 2014, 07:26:18 am »

Yeah, democracy doesn't stop at the ballot box. He also only got his huge 2/3rd majority because he changed the rules to his advantage.

This isn't simply about some wishy-washy "surrendering to big business". This is a frontal assault on democracy, coming from within the EU. Had Hungary tried to pull that kind of shit while applying to join, they would have been refused accession.
But because they're already inside the EU, they can do everything, and nobody will do anything!

Or even better - do nothing, like Greece, and get bailed out anyway!
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: October 31, 2014, 08:32:38 am »

But because they're already inside the EU, they can do everything, and nobody will do anything!

do you even realize how hard greece is being fucked over even though germany and friends could have actually fixed the situation without much issue

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: October 31, 2014, 08:42:17 am »

do you even realize how hard greece is being fucked over even though germany and friends could have actually fixed the situation without much issue
They're not getting thrown out of EU, and that's the thing: the EU is like a black hole. Once you get in, you can't get out without utilizing English wizardry.
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: October 31, 2014, 09:00:14 am »

They're not getting thrown out of EU, and that's the thing: the EU is like a black hole. Once you get in, you can't get out without utilizing English wizardry.

Theres a difference between wanting to stay while being a money sink for the rest of the union and wanting to leave for whatever reasons.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: October 31, 2014, 09:02:05 am »

I was going to argue, but.the only example of people escaping a black hole that I can think of did indeed  involve British wizardry.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: October 31, 2014, 09:04:30 am »

I was going to argue, but.the only example of people escaping a black hole that I can think of did indeed  involve British wizardry.
English specifically, because Scots do not want to leave EU. And IIRC British includes English, Welsh and Scottish.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: October 31, 2014, 09:34:17 am »

I think it was a Dr. Who joke.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: October 31, 2014, 10:10:28 am »

English specifically, because Scots do not want to leave EU. And IIRC British includes English, Welsh and Scottish.

Hrm
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: October 31, 2014, 10:26:02 am »

If Ireland isn't British then you aren't either :P
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: October 31, 2014, 10:28:12 am »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: October 31, 2014, 10:34:38 am »

I got the reference.

And meh, British is just a name I suppose. I probably get too worked up about it, heh. Just seems a betrayal of my family and culture to call myself anything other than British, and the majority of people in Northern Ireland (albeit a small majority) would agree. So the Republic of Ireland isn't British, but in all aspects bar one Northern Ireland is. The only real similarity between Northern Ireland and Republic is a shared history, and that was severed with much blood.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: October 31, 2014, 10:37:26 am »

I was mostly speaking geographics, though.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: October 31, 2014, 11:13:47 am »

There are plenty of British Islands around the mainland :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1393