Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757524 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12255 on: October 23, 2014, 03:48:52 pm »

As for Oil is more important than Natural gas.... Rosneft is asking for $40 billions governmental aid. Oil company asks for money. That is very funny

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/rosneft-requests-49-billion-from-state-welfare-fund-to-survive-sanctions/509945.html

I thought I posted this earlier but apparently I didn't. So yeah, there's also this.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: October 23, 2014, 04:21:09 pm »

You see that gas pipe to China isn't free. You may assume that Putin's friend Miller is able to build it without hurting the corporation even more.... I doubt it.

As for Oil is more important than Natural gas.... Rosneft is asking for $40 billions governmental aid. Oil company asks for money. That is very funny
Duhh, nothing is free. The point is russian is building it so it is less depending from EU and to get more profit in the end as it opens a new market. The clear winner here is china (as it is probably getting it for lower price), while russia and EU are the losers in this.

Rosneft can ask for whatever it wants, it doesnt change anything what I said, and that is the oil selling gives more profit and is more important  than gas.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:32:25 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: October 23, 2014, 04:39:39 pm »

What if Russia will fail to get any profit from the new gas pipe to China? I think it is very likely scenario that Gazprom will bankrupt long before it will start getting profit from that pipes to China.

Not because there are no demand for Natural Gas. It will stay there for some time. Because of ineffective management that will skyrocket cost of building and servicing of that pipe so high that it will never show a profit.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: October 23, 2014, 05:15:57 pm »

What if Russia will fail to get any profit from the new gas pipe to China? I think it is very likely scenario that Gazprom will bankrupt long before it will start getting profit from that pipes to China.

Not because there are no demand for Natural Gas. It will stay there for some time. Because of ineffective management that will skyrocket cost of building and servicing of that pipe so high that it will never show a profit.
What if tomorrow a meteor hits. You do not go in huge deals like this to lose profit, but to gain. Dont worry about Gazprom  they will not bankrupt  any time soon, no matter how much you wish for it. This is a big project, where both russia and chine are investing, where chine is becoming also a strategic partner in few russian firms. And last and most important, it is also in china interest, for the project to succeed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:17:53 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: October 23, 2014, 05:20:57 pm »

I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: October 23, 2014, 05:28:51 pm »

What if tomorrow a meteor hits. You do not go in huge deals like this to lose profit, but to gain.
You do not make Olympic Games ten time more expensive than previous Olympic Games because that is a bad business decision, right?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12261 on: October 23, 2014, 05:47:25 pm »

What if tomorrow a meteor hits. You do not go in huge deals like this to lose profit, but to gain.
You do not make Olympic Games ten time more expensive than previous Olympic Games because that is a bad business decision, right?

What the hack has Olympic Games to do anything with a project that is designed for opening new market that will be two times bigger than whole EU and is specifically made for increasing the profit and independence from EU? Dude, you are trying to hard to hate on anything that russia does, and throw around assumption of doomsday for them.
Make love not war

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: October 23, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »

Not every parasite can limit its consumption to guarantee survival of the host.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: October 23, 2014, 06:34:31 pm »

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/rosneft-requests-49-billion-from-state-welfare-fund-to-survive-sanctions/509945.html

I thought I posted this earlier but apparently I didn't. So yeah, there's also this.

That's insane.  Are they trying to fund a mega-acquisition despite the capital freeze?  The sheer size of that sum makes me wonder about accounting gimmicks.  IIRC that's enough to fund the Siberian pipeline multiple times.  Maybe it's some sort of scheme to try to rope the government into giving them an implicit subsidy by getting a bunch of interest free debt and using it to fund day to day operations?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: October 23, 2014, 06:43:10 pm »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: October 23, 2014, 06:59:50 pm »

Why would they have that much debt maturing in the relatively near term?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: October 23, 2014, 07:09:24 pm »

Hm. Yes it is still too much.

Maybe it is related to this $50 billions

After all it is Rosneft who got most from that theft

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: October 23, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »

I do hope that's a joke and not an answer.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: October 23, 2014, 07:21:39 pm »

Why would they have that much debt maturing in the relatively near term?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/07/22/russia-debt-idUKL2N0PX0R020140722
http://online.wsj.com/articles/russian-companies-clamor-for-dollars-to-repay-debt-1412860551

For many corporations yes. I have no idea why Rosneft would need 46 billion in total, but it's bad news for someone of their size.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: October 23, 2014, 07:26:00 pm »

Our retiring First Minister, Alex Salmond, appeared on BBC Question Time in Liverpool, England. He was very well received by the Scouse audience (that's twice now) due to his attacks on Tory Welfare and NHS policies (re: privatisation) so I am all the more endeared to that fair city so many in England apparently seek to damn.

I really like Liverpool, politics aside - honestly, it felt good when I was last there for a Gustav Klimt art exhibition (one of my favourite painters) and I enjoy the city's strong sense of identity and culture. I like the look of the city.

But yes, the most important thing to take from the Question Time performance was that Salmond admitted he was considering standing for Westminster in 2015. Who better to lead the SNP vanguard holding the Westminster parties to account than Salmond himself? It also ensures Nicola Sturgeon, Salmond's successor in the Scottish Government, won't be overshadowed by Salmond's presence in the Scottish parliamentary chamber.

It would be deliciously ironic if Cameron, having spent the last 3 years avoiding Salmond's calls for a one on one debate in a bid to ensure a No victory, would suddenly have to face Salmond in the chamber at every PMQ's as a direct result of Scotland voting No.

But yes, I will send you fellows links to the Question Time event when it inevitably becones available on YouTube.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:45:35 pm by Owlbread »
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 1393