Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757516 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12240 on: October 23, 2014, 08:46:36 am »

I honestly didn't even know that people had any special objection to cluster munitions vs. explosive projectiles in general.
They're indiscriminate, and tend to leave lots of unexploded ordinance.

They're also extremely effective, which is why many countries have refused to ban them.

Yeah, and also theres many different kinds of them, from rocket artillery anti-personnel mine dispersing munitions(horrific collateral damage you'd think)to air-dropped shaped charge anti-armor clusters like the Mk-20.

Anyone want to buy some old tanks/choppers in ukraine (for civil use  ;D)?
http://www.sovietarmor.com/for_sale.html
 :)

I could get myself an UAZ.  :)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12241 on: October 23, 2014, 09:03:55 am »

Personally, I'd LOVE to buy the Hind/Mi-24.

It would be my own private flying club house.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: October 23, 2014, 09:49:58 am »

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/RUREFEG:IND

Russia reported its reserve losses. Spent 8 billion [nearly 2% of reserves] last week to prop up the ruble.

Ruble now at all time new low despite the interventions.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2014/10/23/Russia-Tones-Down-Rhetoric-Its-Economy-Struggles

Thanks putin.  ::)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12243 on: October 23, 2014, 09:57:05 am »

Just for pun...

I bet that would get you some serious be-hind
I heartily approve of this pun, it wasn't half-assed.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12244 on: October 23, 2014, 10:27:23 am »

OPEC meeting tomorrow can either accelerate growing problems of Russian economy or give them some breathing room by bringing oil back into $90 per barrel area

What will happen when Europe will find alternatives to Russian natural gas? Bankruptcy?

PS. Dear Santa Claus, do you remember my wish for a mild winter in Europe?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: October 23, 2014, 10:33:07 am »

Santa Claus has been replaced for this year with the Ded Moroz, it seems. It's -11 C out here, which is pretty cold for this time of a year.
._.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:35 am »

OPEC meeting tomorrow can either accelerate growing problems of Russian economy or give them some breathing room by bringing oil back into $90 per barrel area
From what I heard, OPEC is alright with 80 USD/barrel oil.

What will happen when Europe will find alternatives to Russian natural gas? Bankruptcy?
Don't get your hopes up. In the coming decade, Europe is going to decommission lots of old coal power stations, and some nations are abandoning Nuclear power as well. Natural gas demand is going to go way up.

I sure hope so.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12247 on: October 23, 2014, 10:41:02 am »

Unless fusion. :v

But then we'll all be sons of bitches if THAT happens, so I think losing natural gas exports would be the least thing on Russia's mind.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: October 23, 2014, 11:13:36 am »

I honestly didn't even know that people had any special objection to cluster munitions vs. explosive projectiles in general.

They're also extremely effective, which is why many countries have refused to ban them.

Yeah, and also theres many different kinds of them, from rocket artillery anti-personnel mine dispersing munitions(horrific collateral damage you'd think)to air-dropped shaped charge anti-armor clusters like the Mk-20.

I've read that some kinds of cluster bomblets had a high failure rate, and the unexploded part looks like it could be a children's toy and then explode when they get shaken around a little. I could be wrong as it's been a long time since I read the article but I think I remember reading this sometimes happened years or decades after their initial dropping.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12249 on: October 23, 2014, 11:19:04 am »

I've read that some kinds of cluster bomblets had a high failure rate, and the unexploded part looks like it could be a children's toy and then explode when they get shaken around a little. I could be wrong as it's been a long time since I read the article but I think I remember reading this sometimes happened years or decades after their initial dropping.

Well yeah, they have to be careful of even old unexploded WWII (and possibly WWI) ordiance.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12250 on: October 23, 2014, 11:51:17 am »

Santa Claus has been replaced for this year with the Ded Moroz, it seems. It's -11 C out here, which is pretty cold for this time of a year.
I'm not sure about the weather in Moscow, but this early autumn was the warmest one I've ever seen. The daytime temperature never fell below 10 degrees Celsius up until the 20th of October. It even jumped to 20 degrees several times this month.
I doubt that this year's winter will be particularly cold.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12251 on: October 23, 2014, 12:14:57 pm »

Santa can't break laws of physics. Cold air must go somewhere. Why not Russia?

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: October 23, 2014, 12:52:11 pm »

Santa can't break laws of physics. Cold air must go somewhere. Why not Russia?

Theres always Siberia, right? ;)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12253 on: October 23, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »

They are already thinking about it. Thats why they are starting to build to chine as one of bigger markets out there in expansion that is hunger for energy.  Also gas for russian economy has less profit compared to oil from where they get most of $$$. (its around 15% gas income, but 40% oil from sells or something around that, dont remember exact numbers).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:56:33 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12254 on: October 23, 2014, 03:47:47 pm »

You see that gas pipe to China isn't free. You may assume that Putin's friend Miller is able to build it without hurting the corporation even more.... I doubt it.

As for Oil is more important than Natural gas.... Rosneft is asking for $40 billions governmental aid. Oil company asks for money. That is very funny

Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 1393