Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757350 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12150 on: October 21, 2014, 12:21:48 pm »

did the american government pass a ban on mirrors of all shapes and forms or what

but whatever why should i even care

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12151 on: October 21, 2014, 12:22:58 pm »

Yeah mainiac, with all due respect, but you aren't really helping your case either...
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: October 21, 2014, 12:23:36 pm »

did the american government pass a ban on mirrors of all shapes and forms or what

but whatever why should i even care

I don't think I've ever liked a post as much as this one.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: October 21, 2014, 12:32:22 pm »

I find it really funny that y'all think I'm the one lacking self awareness in all this.  Have you seen this damn thread?  It's about 2/3rds flamewar, 1/3rd clickbait and discussion.  Sergarr participates in disucssions that are about 9/10ths flamewar.

That's fine and good and well.  Humans like shouting at other humans and like agreeing with other humans.  We dont need to be ashamed about it.  But lets be honest with ourselves here.  This is the thread where we shout at each other about the Russian invasion of the Ukraine, Scottish independence, etc.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:50:05 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: October 21, 2014, 12:53:58 pm »

I don't see what's wrong with maniac's posts. Sergarr's quote above is hilariously void of self-awareness and maniac described his behaviour aptly.

Oh, and Sergarr? Nobody here think you're an "enemy", not matter how many times you keep saying we do. You're just another annoying person on the internet. There's nothing special about you.
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: October 21, 2014, 01:02:33 pm »

If you don't think I'm an enemy, then why do you attack my posts so much, eh?
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: October 21, 2014, 01:03:29 pm »

Because you post incorrect propagandized viewpoints alot.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: October 21, 2014, 01:06:48 pm »

For the same reason you attack ours.  We dont share political views but we share the guilty pleasure of flamewars.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: October 21, 2014, 01:10:27 pm »

Speaking of Russian propaganda
http://www.undercurrentnews.com/2014/10/21/seafood-price-rises-among-worst-for-russian-shoppers/
The cost of fish and seafood rose by 14.1% in September, while meat and poultry jumped 16.8%, dairy products by 16.2% and fruit and vegetables by 6.1%.

Price rises have continued unabated this month.

The effects of inflation have been felt by rich and poor alike.

Who was it that said inflation isn't being felt and will not be felt in russia?

http://www.platts.com/latest-news/natural-gas/moscow/russias-gazprom-considering-listing-on-hong-kong-26910455
Gazprom is going to turn to southeast asia to alleviate the loss of financing, it can't survive without a major restructuring and pivot to smaller markets. Then there's the fact that US and European drillers/extractors are way better than Gazprom ever was, so they'll not be getting western contracts back once lost.

Thanks putin!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:15:09 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: October 21, 2014, 01:14:08 pm »

Speaking of Russian propaganda
http://www.undercurrentnews.com/2014/10/21/seafood-price-rises-among-worst-for-russian-shoppers/
The cost of fish and seafood rose by 14.1% in September, while meat and poultry jumped 16.8%, dairy products by 16.2% and fruit and vegetables by 6.1%.

Price rises have continued unabated this month.

The effects of inflation have been felt by rich and poor alike.

It might not have been being felt very much at the time the person made that statement. Also, it's one thing to be (overly) optimistic about inflation not being felt and another thing to be blatantly blind to it or not wanting to admit it.

Edit to mtcls edit: I suppose that's what Gazprom gets for becoming too specialized and not diverstifying
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:16:25 pm by smjjames »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: October 21, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »

Lets not forget that Sergarr is from Moscow. City that is very different to the rest of Russia. In Moscow few spend more than half of their profit on food.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: October 21, 2014, 01:20:44 pm »

Edit to mtcls edit: I suppose that's what Gazprom gets for becoming too specialized and not diverstifying

That's actually a good summary of the entirety of Russia's current issue. They didn't diversify during their growth period. I don't know what kind of advisors medvedev and Putin have,  but someone was telling them 6-10% growth was the norm and the central government didn't retool it's economy to not focus on three main streams of revenue so that growth can actually continue if one or two of their revenue streams begins to wane. Now that the energy growth is systemically gone, Russia will have *nothing* to show for the growth period the last ten years. Nothing. Except a ruble that's now at an all time low in value.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:22:19 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: October 21, 2014, 01:23:32 pm »

Dutch vegetable farmers are giving away their crops for free, to anyone who will bother to come actually harvest them. Today's newspaper reported on a farm that already had to turn people away, because of getting a massive response from people jumping at the chance of free food.

Now, a decade or two ago, I would have made a silly joke about Dutch people, and always wanting things for free.
However the sad reality nowadays is that there are too many people living at / below welfare, who actually need the food, after nearly 20 years of neo-con reforms and budget cuts. (we call it neo-liberal over here in Europe, but I have recently learned, I think in this thread, that this confuses Americans, who call it neo-con, and I actually think neo-con is a more accurate description). So in a way, some poor folks over here got a free meal from this whole boycot game of Pong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: October 21, 2014, 01:25:48 pm »

Food prices are very volatile and are generally excluded from price indices for that reason.  An increase that big probably does partially reflect inflation partially but is probably also random fluctuation as well.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: October 21, 2014, 01:28:27 pm »

BTW, Russia shouldn't fear  sanctions. They got new partner - http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/755324

It is even better investment than Sochi Olympic Games.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1393