Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757292 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12135 on: October 20, 2014, 08:43:48 pm »

MOSCOW, October 21. /TASS/. Total’s CEO Christophe de Margerie died in a plane accident at Moscow’s Vnukovo airport on Tuesday, a source told TASS.

“One passenger was registered for the flight - a citizen of France, Christophe de Margerie. Three members of the crew - also citizens of France. They all died,” the source said.

According to preliminary information, during takeoff the Falcon plane collided with a snow removal machine.

The only Total's that I know if is a brand of cereal that General Mills makes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: October 20, 2014, 11:47:39 pm »

It's a very large French oil company.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: October 21, 2014, 12:11:59 am »

snip
1000000000000000000000xThis. I always (at least when I'm not infected by the rapid nationalism) try to engage in conversations in a way that makes other people understand what I want to say and not something else. Otherwise you get debates-which-go-nowhere and talking past each other, and that's no good.

Y'know, I'm an abrasive jerk but at least I dont delude myself about it.

You routinely make baiting statements to try and start arguments.  Either you need to get a clue or stop playing dumb.
It's tragic how trying to act civilized will get you called out. Seems like some people here cannot accept that their enemies might actually have a brain. What a shame. Also, read the bolded part, please, it seems that the brackets have hidden that part of the message in a plain view.
._.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: October 21, 2014, 01:58:17 am »

MOSCOW, October 21. /TASS/. Total’s CEO Christophe de Margerie died in a plane accident at Moscow’s Vnukovo airport on Tuesday, a source told TASS.

“One passenger was registered for the flight - a citizen of France, Christophe de Margerie. Three members of the crew - also citizens of France. They all died,” the source said.

According to preliminary information, during takeoff the Falcon plane collided with a snow removal machine.
Its also a toothpaste made by colgate.

They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: October 21, 2014, 02:27:27 am »

Total is one of the companies that owns the USA, and the rest of the world. They are amongst the list of largest oil companies in the world, like Shell, Esso, BP and their kin.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:29:19 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: October 21, 2014, 03:00:54 am »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: October 21, 2014, 03:37:35 am »

Do note that he a) doesn't deny a thing and b) this sounds like standard procedure to produce some deniability.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: October 21, 2014, 06:32:00 am »

Latest news on the Swedish search operation: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article19729532.ab

So, apparently the operation was launched when a Swedish navy ship found some surfaced intelligence/signal equipment(apparently Russian-made) within the archipelago.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: October 21, 2014, 10:46:55 am »

Do note that he a) doesn't deny a thing and b) this sounds like standard procedure to produce some deniability.
On the other hand, it does almost sound like too much of a 30s reference to have been said like that...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: October 21, 2014, 11:02:47 am »

Next week's news: Missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 remains found on bottom of the Baltic Sea. Putin blames Ukraine.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: October 21, 2014, 11:28:42 am »

You know, the thing is that if Tusk and Sikorski (not sure if Sikorski knew) knew that they were being recorded, Putin had to have known that they were being recorded, so, why did Putin say something so scandalous over unsecure channels? It just strikes me as odd that he would push that kind of intrigue over public channels.

It's possible that he was trying to apply divide and conquer tactics, but Poland didn't take the bait. He could have also planned to try and pin Poland as being the bad guys rather than Russia.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:32:16 am by smjjames »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: October 21, 2014, 11:32:58 am »

Well, if they were recorded by the FSB (it was during a visit to Russia), it was quite secure for Putin.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: October 21, 2014, 11:36:35 am »

Also, from the article da_nang posted:
"Following the annexation of Crimea, Russian parliamentary speaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky sent a letter to the governments of Poland, Romania and Hungary, proposing a joint division of the country.."

As if Romania would even WANT to have anything to do with Russias sheneinighans. Obviously Putin was trying to apply divide and conquer tactics here since it would massively destabilize Europe (maybe not massive, but definetly destabilizing).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:41:04 am by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: October 21, 2014, 12:16:28 pm »

snip
1000000000000000000000xThis. I always (at least when I'm not infected by the rapid nationalism) try to engage in conversations in a way that makes other people understand what I want to say and not something else. Otherwise you get debates-which-go-nowhere and talking past each other, and that's no good.

Y'know, I'm an abrasive jerk but at least I dont delude myself about it.

You routinely make baiting statements to try and start arguments.  Either you need to get a clue or stop playing dumb.
It's tragic how trying to act civilized will get you called out. Seems like some people here cannot accept that their enemies might actually have a brain. What a shame. Also, read the bolded part, please, it seems that the brackets have hidden that part of the message in a plain view.

No it's well justified how acting rude and abrassive for months will cause people to call bullshit when you claim to be an angel.

You are amazing.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1393