Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757112 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11985 on: October 14, 2014, 03:26:45 pm »

ENOUGH guys, baiting like that is just going to lead to flaming.
To be fair, calling him Putin a dickhead doesn't seem to be baiting either.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: October 14, 2014, 03:33:00 pm »

ENOUGH guys, baiting like that is just going to lead to flaming.
To be fair, calling him Putin a dickhead doesn't seem to be baiting either.

Was just nipping it in the bud before flaming started. Sergarr successfully deflected it though.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11987 on: October 14, 2014, 03:57:02 pm »

Yeah, I might not agree on some of his views, but I too must give props to Sergarr. No, seriously man, your bread diversion worked absolutely fantastic.

One could even say those flame baits turned out... half-baked?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11988 on: October 14, 2014, 04:04:08 pm »

They *could* say that, but then I would have to kill them.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: October 14, 2014, 04:54:05 pm »

It's literally the cheapest piece of bread in a market, all other are at least twice or thrice pricier.

I don't think the cheapest bread consists of anything but flour.

EDIT: I just checked and I was wrong. It also contains salt and sugar. I don't think we're going to run out of these, though...

Cheapest bread does not mean it's using the least amount of stuff. It might also, equally likely, mean that it's chock-full of crap to increase its volume and shelf time without having to make more of it.

E: More as in higher bread bread content.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11990 on: October 14, 2014, 05:04:57 pm »

Yeah, I might not agree on some of his views, but I too must give props to Sergarr. No, seriously man, your bread diversion worked absolutely fantastic.

Yeah, it's quite telling that the prelude to hyperinflation is less of an issue than Russiantm bread composition.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: October 14, 2014, 05:25:01 pm »

Yeah, it's quite telling that the prelude to hyperinflation is less of an issue than Russiantm bread composition.

Look what happened to France when French bread composition got messed with.*

*Yes, I know I'm way oversimplifying the causes of the French Revolution for the sake of the joke.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11992 on: October 14, 2014, 05:33:22 pm »

Russia should not worry about bread that much as it is the 4 (or 5) countries in the world that produces wheat and uses a lot for export.
While sanctions are hurting russia, as same as EU (but less), dont expect that russia will go bankrupt or that there will be hyper inflation because of it any time soon, as the sanction that are in place are not that much on export products/resources and main income for russia, but more indirectly on banks and some import product that russia needs in few areas (like oil industry for the future).
Make love not war

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: October 14, 2014, 05:49:26 pm »

The Russian economy was entering a period of stagflation without the added help of sanctions. Now it's looking like a full blown recession in 2015.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: October 14, 2014, 06:00:39 pm »

Russia should not worry about bread that much as it is the 4 (or 5) countries in the world that produces wheat and uses a lot for export.
While sanctions are hurting russia, as same as EU (but less), dont expect that russia will go bankrupt or that there will be hyper inflation because of it any time soon, as the sanction that are in place are not that much on export products/resources and main income for russia, but more indirectly on banks and some import product that russia needs in few areas (like oil industry for the future).
Hi, number 5 here, Australia can't sell Russia bread, this makes Australia sad, however Russia is third top wheat exporter and won't run out of bread anytime soon.  In fact your bread is only going to get cheaper since Russia can really only export to china right now, and since China is n top 5 too....
Btw Ukraine is 6 and eu is 1, numbers is fun, but I seriously need bread for breakfast now.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: October 14, 2014, 06:14:14 pm »

Current sanctions aren't the largest Russian problem

The largest problem of Russia is that it is ruled by a kleptomaniac with cronies

The second largest problem is that investors understood that Russia is ruled by a crazy maniac and will be not that interested to keep money there.

The third largest problem is that the price of Russian main export is going down, down, down.

Add spending money on useless projects (Olympic games, getting and feeding Crimea, FIFA World Cup,  Moon landing program (lol!)  and more )

I don't expect full economic collapse of Russia in the coming months, it may take years, but I am sure it will happen.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: October 14, 2014, 06:26:22 pm »

Wasn't there a minor theory that the rising price of bread is a good indicator of social unrest and revolution?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: October 14, 2014, 06:36:56 pm »

In Russia price of Vodka is much more important.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11998 on: October 14, 2014, 11:05:08 pm »

The olympic games would have actually been a nice little boost to reputation if Putin hadn't blown it all with the invasion of Crimea when the games were barely over.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: October 15, 2014, 03:21:06 am »

Wait, moon landing program?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1393