Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757140 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11955 on: October 14, 2014, 12:13:33 pm »

On another note, the Belgian political climate is once again running 50 years behind.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nazi-row-hits-belgium-deputy-pm-jan-jambon-insists-collaborators-had-their-reasons-1469971

(Link doesn't really fit, it's the only English language piece I found)

I really hope the opposition manages to improve it's rhetoric, because so far it's NVA is literally Hitler statements  aren't exactly convincing.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11956 on: October 14, 2014, 12:26:18 pm »

Ruble now at a new all-time low.
Moscow: Russia’s Central Bank has spent around $6bn from its international reserves in the past ten days to prop up the national currency, Central Bank chief Elvira Nabiullina said yesterday.
Troubling monetary acceleration in interventions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/RUREFEG:IND
~454 billion left in Russia reserves. Will be liquid depleted by next year at this rate. Hyperinflation is coming, Russia, and you can thank Fuhrer Putin.
Well. 6 billion in ten days means that $454 billions will need 756 day to deplete. You are too optimistic here :)

PS.
Brent  $ 86.45  (-2.39)
WTI  $83.55  (-2.17)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:28:38 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: October 14, 2014, 12:26:37 pm »

What the fuck Flanders.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: October 14, 2014, 12:44:28 pm »

Moscow: Russia’s Central Bank has spent around $6bn from its international reserves in the past ten days to prop up the national currency, Central Bank chief Elvira Nabiullina said yesterday.

~454 billion left in Russia reserves. Will be liquid depleted by next year at this rate. Hyperinflation is coming, Russia, and you can thank Fuhrer Putin.
Well. 6 billion in ten days means that $454 billions will need 756 day to deplete. You are too optimistic here :)

PS.
Brent  $ 86.45  (-2.39)
WTI  $83.55  (-2.17)

The reserves is a total of cash and gold holdings. If russia were to liquidate its gold there would be no bottom on the fall. So all they can do is spend another ~200 billion from this amount if they don't want to completely drain their reserves. This number will not be reached. They will stop interventions once the reserve is too low and or depleting too quickly. This is when the ruble will fall to nothing. No matter what the Russian central bank does, the ruble is now fucked.

Date   International reserves
30/09/2014   454,240
30/09/2013   522,580
http://www.cbr.ru/eng/hd_base/default.aspx?Prtid=mrrf_m
This is just solidifying the downtrend, though.

Ruble will be trading in line with the indian rupee before next christmas.

If you live in Russia and can still get ANY loans in rubles, I would do it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:03:41 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: October 14, 2014, 01:21:53 pm »

So, this just happened.

I'm all for recognizing those who fought in WWII, but given how controversial the article says it is, right now is probably a bad time to bring it up, especially when everybodys anger is primed.
Umm, what? You probably don't know that they (ukrainian insurgent army ) fought against and with germans against soviet union and rebels, and are know for helping in ethnic cleansing of jews and poles as they fought for ethnic cleansing of anyone that was not ukraine.

Ukraine will have huge problems with them, as a lot of them where fighting in the east and used of forming ukraine national guard.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:28:38 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: October 14, 2014, 01:34:25 pm »

So, this just happened.

I'm all for recognizing those who fought in WWII, but given how controversial the article says it is, right now is probably a bad time to bring it up, especially when everybodys anger is primed.
Umm, what? You probably don't know that they (ukrainian insurgent army ) fought against and with germans against soviet union and rebels, and are know for helping in ethnic cleansing of jews and poles as they fought for ethnic cleansing of anyone that was not ukraine.

Ukraine will have huge problems with them, as a lot of them where fighting in the east and used of forming ukraine national guard.

Well, good point there, I didn't know anything about that. The article did mention that they sometimes fought on the side of the Germans against the Soviets, but that by itself isn't neccesarily a bad thing, and the article didn't mention the other stuff.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: October 14, 2014, 01:48:41 pm »

Hyperinflation? I think you're somewhat overestimating the total effect, given that I still have not felt any effect of sanctions on the prices around...
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: October 14, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »

10ebbor10, the funny part is that Johan Sauwens (Volksunie, now CD&V) was forced to resign from his ministerial job in 2001 for... having attended that St Martin's fund's meeting (a group of former flemish Waffen SS) that Jambon gave a talk at. Seriously, that guy should go.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: October 14, 2014, 01:50:23 pm »

Hyperinflation? I think you're somewhat overestimating the total effect, given that I still have not felt any effect of sanctions on the prices around...

Okay then.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: October 14, 2014, 01:51:57 pm »

The Netherlands reinstated the death penalty because of WW2 traitors, and Belgium elects them to office.

Classic Belgium :')

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: October 14, 2014, 01:54:05 pm »

Jan Jambon didn't collaborate with the Nazis (He was born in 1960). He just attend their rallies, that's all.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: October 14, 2014, 02:05:01 pm »

I know, but I still thinks it's funny :P

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: October 14, 2014, 02:07:27 pm »

Okay then.
This is the normal rate of inflation here in Russia. In fact, it has been much higher before. Check out the '98-99 period to see what am I talking about. Holy shit that spike is huge.

EDIT: I looked wider, and the spike at '93 is even higher. 2000+ % inflation.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:13:21 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: October 14, 2014, 02:13:43 pm »

Okay. You'll see.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: October 14, 2014, 02:23:03 pm »

Okay then.
This is the normal rate of inflation here in Russia. In fact, it has been much higher before. Check out the '98-99 period to see what am I talking about. Holy shit that spike is huge.

EDIT: I looked wider, and the spike at '93 is even higher. 2000+ % inflation.

I'm confused by it, when I compare the US and Russia inflation rate with the whole date range, the Russian one ends at -4 while the US is around 1.6 or something, but when I do the date range from 2012 to 2014, the US one is at 1.6 or so but Russia is at 2.6 or so. Same for UK and Russia, full date range has Russia ending at 0.1 and UK at 1.8, 2012 to 2014 has Russia at 3.5 and UK at 1.2 or so. I'm using graph mode.

I get there would be differences because of currency exchange rates, but the different ending points are odd.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:24:51 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1393