Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1756840 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11835 on: October 11, 2014, 10:52:08 am »

Didn't hear of anything like that, but I wouldn't completely rule it out - we did it during the original crisis, too: Google 'Abwrackprämie'.

If you have a German link, I can translate it if you want.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: October 11, 2014, 10:55:07 am »

Searches in english for stuff about germany and deficits just give me a bunch of dictionary sites or references to the 20s.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: October 11, 2014, 10:59:52 am »

Our newspapers currently are rather more occupied with Kurds being slaughtered, Kurds and Turks battling each other in German cities, Putin's powergrab, and the horrifying state of our army. I couldn't find anything.

Where did you read about that, anyway?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: October 11, 2014, 11:05:28 am »

Our newspapers currently are rather more occupied with Kurds being slaughtered, Kurds and Turks battling each other in German cities, Putin's powergrab, and the horrifying state of our army. I couldn't find anything.

Wait, what?
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: October 11, 2014, 11:11:09 am »

And nobody mentioned the bold thing? Unless it's the usual discrimination and ethnic tension between the two.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: October 11, 2014, 11:12:17 am »

I british economic blogger and an american economic blogger I followed both made vague references to it.  So y'know, basically ironclad proof.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: October 11, 2014, 11:18:49 am »

Why do you want a nuclear war so much phmcw?

What will I use to keep the birds out of my wheat fields now?

Going to war is a well know way to distract from inernal matters and boost the economy, and war with Russia may become an attractive option for NATO's states govenments that will need exactly that.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: October 11, 2014, 11:22:55 am »

The American economy is actually looking pretty strong right now.  Europe not so much.  And it's America that's taken the harder line.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: October 11, 2014, 11:25:14 am »

Wait, what?
Our army looks much much better on paper than in reality. As recently revealed it's basically crap and not really fulfilling minimum NATO standards.

And nobody mentioned the bold thing? Unless it's the usual discrimination and ethnic tension between the two.
No, it's more than that. This time it's mostly about ISIS and Turkey not helping Kobane. There are also clashes between Yezidis and islamists (Germany has the biggest Yezidi population outside of Iraq) and between Kurds and islamists, all related to ISIS.

I british economic blogger and an american economic blogger I followed both made vague references to it.  So y'know, basically ironclad proof.
Haven't heard anything about it. There is some talk about a possible recession, and there are some calls that Merkel should do something at all for the economy, but that's it. Other than foreign media, German media don't blame (or talk much at all) about austerity, they rather blame Merkel's government for some expensive gifts to the voters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: October 11, 2014, 11:28:19 am »

Why do you want a nuclear war so much phmcw?

What will I use to keep the birds out of my wheat fields now?

Going to war is a well know way to distract from inernal matters and boost the economy, and war with Russia may become an attractive option for NATO's states govenments that will need exactly that.
There's ISIS in the Middle East. You can go war there. It'll be much easier than fighting a nation with actual designated anti-air forces and a nuclear deterrent.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: October 11, 2014, 11:28:51 am »

Wait, what?
Our army looks much much better on paper than in reality. As recently revealed it's basically crap and not really fulfilling minimum NATO standards.
Spreading disinformation provoking Putin to attack Germany and then...Joking.

Armies of countries that tend to believe that they have no enemies tend to degrade. No matter how advanced that country may be.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: October 11, 2014, 11:36:42 am »

There's ISIS in the Middle East. You can go war there. It'll be much easier than fighting a nation with actual designated anti-air forces and a nuclear deterrent.

They are already bombing them right now, don't worry. They won't let an opportunity like that go to waste.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: October 11, 2014, 11:37:44 am »

Armies of countries that tend to believe that they have no enemies tend to degrade. No matter how advanced that country may be.
Yeah, plus Germany has a comparably tiny defense budget and the army is rather unpopular, so that didn' help either.

In the context of a hypothetical NATO mobilization, it was revealed that for example the Navy only has about 2 helicopters that are actually working...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11848 on: October 11, 2014, 11:40:27 am »

Yeah, plus Germany has a comparably tiny defense budget and the army is rather unpopular, so that didn' help either.

In the context of a hypothetical NATO mobilization, it was revealed that for example the Navy only has about 2 helicopters that are actually working...

Allow the US to facepalm for your sake. XD

No wonder NATO is hesitant.

They are already bombing them right now, don't worry. They won't let an opportunity like that go to waste.

Except that it's barely even slowing ISIS down.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: October 11, 2014, 11:43:10 am »

XXSockXX
German media don't blame (or talk much at all) about austerity, they rather blame Merkel's government for some expensive gifts to the voters.

Just great... how the hell did they sell this austerity buiness to the Germans? That goes against economy 101!
Now not only will Germany's economy sink, but the only decisions that could save it will be unpopular...

smjjames
Except that it's barely even slowing ISIS down.

A good thing for a distraction. But it will have to blow a lot more to completely distract us from the rampant unemployment.

Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1393