Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1736976 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11550 on: October 03, 2014, 07:29:47 am »

Poisonous gas in Moscow?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11551 on: October 03, 2014, 07:33:07 am »

I mean 2002 Moscow hostage crisis  and gas that killed 100+
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: October 03, 2014, 07:37:16 am »

Do you seriously believe that US has not incited hatred in its people toward Iran? Do you remember the "axis of evil"?
There was no "axis of evil" talk when Iran wasn't a fundamentalist country preaching antisemitism (Yes antisemitism is a big deal).

* LordSlowpoke barges in

no there was

wanna know why?

because the original axis of evil existed then

less than a decade between germany stopping to nazi around and the liberal west deciding "fuck democracy, gib interests" is what they're doing now

i'll pass on israel, iranian antisemitism is a rather peculiar thing compared to straightforward approach of a certain neighbor or the less so approaches of others

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11553 on: October 03, 2014, 07:43:45 am »

Also, while Ammadinejad was certainly an antisemitic asshole, that's not the same as saying the whole of Iran is antisemitic.

Also, Israel just destroyed an electricity netword in the West Bank that was set up with Begian aid money. Hence our FM convoking the Israeli ambassador and all the stuff that goes with diplomatic incident. It's quite weird to see our FM with a spine (I guess it's only to make himself look good while jostling for a position in the new government, but I normally hate him). Also, it's been a recurrent theme of Israeli-EU relations, with the EU building stuff in Palestine and Israeli destroying it. I honestly don't understand it, do they want to be isolated? Is it sheer villainy? Just a way to keep reminding the Palestinian who's the boss? Or just trying to make their life horrible enough that they'll emigrate?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: October 03, 2014, 07:49:13 am »

they hid rockets in the electricity network m8

palestinians fault entirely

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: October 03, 2014, 08:21:02 am »

I honestly don't understand it, do they want to be isolated? Is it sheer villainy?

Why does Germany cause hundreds of billions of Euros of damage to the EU economy every year through irrational monetary policies?

It is good politics domestically for them.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: October 03, 2014, 09:25:46 am »

Like Argentina pulling the 'Falklands are ours m8'

I think they kind of have a claim there.

An island a few miles off their coast administered by a nation that isn't even in the same hemisphere as them, which is now looking for oil, one of the most amazing trade goods ever?

I'd be pissed too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11557 on: October 03, 2014, 09:29:24 am »

Also, while Ammadinejad was certainly an antisemitic asshole, that's not the same as saying the whole of Iran is antisemitic.

This should have been moved to the middle east thread long time ago.

Who care's about the "whole" of Iran? its leadership is sure does antizionist and antisemitic and they are the ones controlling the country. no need to look far, khomeini kinda stated so today (?...!?).

About that "Electricity network". now, do you really think that this "Electricity network" generate power out if thin air? no, right? what does it do then? probably connects, illegally, to the israeli power grid and draws power that i and my fellow israelis pay for. if my israeli neighbour decides to stop paying his electricity bills, the power company shuts him off.

If my israeli neighbour decides to build an electrical grid without permits and connect it to the national grid, the israeli government will tear it down.

Why is it then, that when my palestinian neighbour doesn't pay his electricity bills, the power company can't shut him off? they keep getting their electricity and never pay for it, why?

The least they can do is destroy those ILLEGALLY, built without a permit, eletricity "networks" (Which to add insult to injury, they don't even pay for the electricity they draw).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:38:48 am by burningpet »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: October 03, 2014, 09:40:50 am »

That is one of the more insane opinions about Palestinians I have seen.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: October 03, 2014, 09:47:55 am »

Really now? what's so insane about it? that they should pay for the electricity they draw from our network? that they should too file building permits before building electric networks? how is that insane?

let me remind you we are speaking about an electrical grid built in Area C, which is an area within full israeli governmental and military control that was granted and accepted as such by the palestinians themselves during the oslo accords.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:49:30 am by burningpet »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: October 03, 2014, 09:55:07 am »

Really now? what's so insane about it? that they should pay for the electricity they draw from our network? that they should too file building permits before building electric networks? how is that insane?

The part where you act directly contrary to the stated aim of peace.

Also the very weird racist assumptions.

Might as well explicitly spell out the racism.  You are assuming without evidence that Palestinians are thieves if they have something. That is prejudice against a racial group.  Prejudice against a racial group is racism.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:02:29 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11561 on: October 03, 2014, 10:04:19 am »

And the part where you go "And they're probably stealing the electricity too! Why shouldn't we tear down the buildings of thieves!"

And he goes "Uhm, wot mate?"

And you go "What, is it insane to want to stop thieves?"

you kind of need to prove they're thieves here, mate. and saying "They're palestinians!" or "Israel wouldn't have torn it down if it was legitimate!" isn't proof. Especially when it was a network built with Belgian aid money? I should hope Belgium, of all peoplecountries, wouldn't build a thieving network like that? :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: October 03, 2014, 10:21:48 am »

So in order to "maintain" peace, israel should allow palestinians to build without permits and provide electricity free of charge on its citizens expenses? that's not peace, that's blackmail.

What racist assumptions? when i am speaking about palestinians, i am not talking about israeli arabs who pay their bills, i am speaking about the East jerusalem and West bank population that as a whole don't pay their bills for a few good years now. how the system work is that they paid the PA and the PA would transfer those funds to israel. at some point, the PA stopped paying israel and a lot of palestinians stopped paying the PA.

They get free electricity. that's not an assumption, that's a fact. their debt now stands at around 1.5BN NIS. (~USD420M)
http://www.haaretz.com/business/.premium-1.583501

And Descan, please, european funds found their way to the pockets of Abu-Mazen (That's partially why he was overthrown from Gaza), Khaled Mashaal and toward buying arms from Iran and North korea. there are more than enough documented cases where arms smugglers admitted the funds for their weapons delivered for terror operations were obtained from european donations (Government and other organizations). to suggest that just because the funds came from the belgian government means everything was done legally is a fantasy and show of ignorance of how governments and politician work. what do you imagine, that the politician at question actually asked for a building permit and plan? please.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:36:36 am by burningpet »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: October 03, 2014, 10:35:44 am »

._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: October 03, 2014, 10:41:34 am »

So in order to "maintain" peace, israel should allow palestinians to build without permits and provide electricity free of charge on its citizens expenses? that's not peace, that's blackmail.

What racist assumptions? when i am speaking about palestinians, i am not talking about israeli arabs who pay their bills, i am speaking about the East jerusalem and West bank population that as a whole don't pay their bills for a few good years now. how the system work is that they paid the PA and the PA would transfer those funds to israel. at some point, the PA stopped paying israel and a lot of palestinians stopped paying the PA.

They get free electricity. that's not an assumption, that's a fact. their debt now stands at around 1.5BN NIS. (~USD420M)
http://www.haaretz.com/business/.premium-1.583501

And Descan, please, european funds found their way to the pockets of Abu-Mazen (That's partially why he was overthrown from Gaza), Khaled Mashaal and toward buying arms from Iran and North korea. there are more than enough documented cases where arms smugglers admitted the funds for their weapons delivered for terror operations were obtained from european donations (Government and other organizations). to suggest that just because the funds came from the belgian government means everything was done legally is a fantasy and show of ignorance of how governments and politician work. what do you imagine, that the politician at question actually asked for a building permit and plan? please.

How do you know whether many of them are simply unable to rather than outright unwilling to? Also, not going to get into the argument about european funds both because I don't have any knowledge to argue about it and because like greatorder said, this just isn't going to go anywhere.

Israel is an apartheid state.

*ducks*

As if we didn't already know that things are horribly imbalanced for non-Jewish over there.
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1393