Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1741807 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11385 on: September 29, 2014, 03:36:01 am »

you should name that after a certain cia director meight

assad is just a scrub compared to 'im

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11386 on: September 29, 2014, 03:39:15 am »

Got a name in mind?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11387 on: September 29, 2014, 04:37:15 am »

Wait, all data on Russian users has to be stored only on Russian soils? That's incredibly dumb: any website too small to have a server farm in Russia would be in breach of that law. No more Bay12 for you, Russian users. :/

Yes that's exactly what the law demands.

Yeah, it's funny how American foreign policy seems to work out of sheer inertia sometimes. Iran would be a natural US partner in the region in many way, but it's like the US is afraid to back down on its policy of messing with it.

Or look at the ongoing embargo on Cuba, despite the fact that the Cold War has been over for 20 years now.

Of course, you could be cynical and think that the US is pursuing the Assad Strategy of battering moderate opposition to give the world a choice between murderous dictatorship and GLORIOUS AMERICAN FREEDOM.

Iran hates USA guts, quite oficially, and does not recognize Israel (which translates to wants it destroyed). Cuba hates USA guts, also offically. Cuba also pays wages in non-convertible currecny, idk about Iran.  Why should US support lifting embargoes against these very clearly very unreasonable countries?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11388 on: September 29, 2014, 04:40:38 am »

(which translates to wants it destroyed)
Non-Sequitur.

Why should US support lifting embargoes against these very clearly very unreasonable countries?
Non-Sequitur. Unless you want to say that disliking the US is an unreasonable things, especially given what the US has done to Iran.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11389 on: September 29, 2014, 05:03:30 am »

Oh, America. "I did everyting I could to suffocate Cuban economy for the past half a century and they still don't love me! The ingrates!"

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11390 on: September 29, 2014, 05:08:00 am »

(which translates to wants it destroyed)
Non-Sequitur.

Iranian president said Israil should be "moved" to Europe, that the "Zionist regime" should be destroyed on numerous occasions.
a major Iranian cleric, per wiki,  called for the "annihilation of the Zionist regime". In Iran, clerics are more politically empowered than anyone.

Why should US support lifting embargoes against these very clearly very unreasonable countries?
Non-Sequitur. Unless you want to say that disliking the US is an unreasonable things, especially given what the US has done to Iran.
Having double exchange rate, calling for "destruction of the Zionist regime", having Ayatolla Ali Khomeini as a lifelong leader of the state are all unreasonable things which speak very clearly of the nature of state in question. Unsurprisingly, they go hand-in-hand with hating the USA.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:42:25 am by nanomage »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11391 on: September 29, 2014, 05:09:11 am »

Iran is capable to negotiate compromises and follow deals.

Something that can't be said about ISIS, North Korea or Russian Federation
The same could be said of US...
._.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11392 on: September 29, 2014, 06:02:03 am »

Having double exchange rate, calling for "destruction of the Zionist regime", having Ayatolla Ali Khomeini as a lifelong leader of the state are all unreasonable things which speak very clearly of the nature of state in question. Unsurprisingly, they go hand-in-hand with hating the USA.
You mean to say, there's no reason at all for Iran to, uh, show restrained affection towards the US other than their leadership being crazy bananas?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11393 on: September 29, 2014, 06:05:28 am »

What I'd really like to see is closer Iranian-European ties. Iran is - apart from the religious zealots - a fairly advanced and Western-oriented country by Middle Eastern standards. They are a much more natural ally than, let's say, Saudi-Arabia.
Maybe if Rouhani succeeds, these ties willl develop.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11394 on: September 29, 2014, 06:27:50 am »

Yeah, what Helgoland said. Sure, Iran is a theocracy, but it's stable, relatively democratic (More so than most of the middle-east, including quite a few western allies) and moderate. And with Ammadinejad out, I don't see why they shouldn't be an ally.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11395 on: September 29, 2014, 06:31:40 am »

What I'd really like to see is closer Iranian-European ties. Iran is - apart from the religious zealots - a fairly advanced and Western-oriented country by Middle Eastern standards. They are a much more natural ally than, let's say, Saudi-Arabia.
Maybe if Rouhani succeeds, these ties willl develop.

I think the fact Rouhani was elected in the first place means many voters there agree with you.

Sheb beat me to it.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11396 on: September 29, 2014, 06:32:44 am »

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11397 on: September 29, 2014, 06:35:44 am »

Frankly, I think we should have a clause in a European treaty somewhere guaranteeing the right of regions to secede. This is just distasteful.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11398 on: September 29, 2014, 06:36:45 am »

I completely agree. Peoples have the right to self governance, after all.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11399 on: September 29, 2014, 06:45:52 am »

Especially since in this case the "referendum" would not even be binding. The Spanish government is basically sticking his finger in his ears while shouting "LAlalalalaalal can't hear you!".

I'm actually starting to wonder if the current Spanish government is made of undercover Catalan nationalists trying to raise support for independence.

Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1393