Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1742572 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10980 on: September 15, 2014, 03:17:10 pm »

Excuse me for interrupting this lovely debate, but what the christ

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: September 15, 2014, 03:22:04 pm »

Eh, even if that were true, Russia's control on their rebels is bound to be a lot better after the airplane fiasco.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: September 15, 2014, 03:25:13 pm »

[sarcasm] It is much better if they'll use nuclear ammunition after direct order from Moscow then on their own initiative [/sarcasm]
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: September 15, 2014, 03:34:14 pm »

Putin is not that crazy. He knows his salami tactics very well.

Unless he can somehow blame using nuclear weapon on Ukraine (which doesn't even have nukes), he won't do it.
._.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: September 15, 2014, 03:36:00 pm »

Ukrainian separatists infiltrating the Kremlin and ordering the nukings?

Nah, I doubt anybody would be gullible enough to believe that.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: September 15, 2014, 03:44:11 pm »

Ukrainian separatists infiltrating the Kremlin and ordering the nukings?

Nah, I doubt anybody would be gullible enough to believe that.
The only people I expect to be able to authorize nuclear weapons usage would be the President or the Minister of Defense...

This is getting very Tom Clancy-ish.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: September 15, 2014, 03:47:43 pm »

Unless he can somehow blame using nuclear weapon on Ukraine (which doesn't even have nukes), he won't do it.
Easy
He will say that Ukraine never destroyed all its nukes.

PS. He is that crazy. Craziness develops with age. Fifteen years of having your ass licked and absolute power in one country aren't good for mental health, either. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: September 15, 2014, 03:50:08 pm »

The use of tac nuke being in the doctrine of Russia in case of nato intervention is someting I hear for a long time.

If you can trust number even a little bit, Europe alone would wipe Russia's military in a few days. So the only logical answer their army could have is, indeed, nukes. And hope that no one escalate to strategic strikes.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10988 on: September 15, 2014, 03:55:13 pm »

First, I thought they still had a sizable land army, (hasn't this been discussed before?).

Second, who does that twitter account belong to again? An 'assistant' to the minister of defense?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: September 15, 2014, 04:00:02 pm »

Easy
He will say that Ukraine never destroyed all its nukes.

PS. He is that crazy. Craziness develops with age. Fifteen years of having your ass licked and absolute power in one country aren't good for mental health, either.
But he can't claim that! As crazy as you claim he is, he always tries to at least look like he plays by the rules, and the rules say that Ukraine has destroyed its nuclear weapons. He cannot just say that it didn't happen when the Russia has said that it did before!
._.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: September 15, 2014, 04:07:01 pm »

First, I thought they still had a sizable land army, (hasn't this been discussed before?).

Second, who does that twitter account belong to again? An 'assistant' to the minister of defense?
Aside from small core of professional solders it's sizable only when you count in conscripts, who are mostly cannon fodder. Russian army has earned it's reputation...

But he can't claim that! As crazy as you claim he is, he always tries to at least look like he plays by the rules, and the rules say that Ukraine has destroyed its nuclear weapons. He cannot just say that it didn't happen when the Russia has said that it did before!
Well, he has already claimed that there were no Russian troops in Crimea, no Russian support for Ukrainian seperatists, no Russian troops in Ukraine, that Russian aid convoy would be given to international red cross at Ukrainian border... need I go on?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: September 15, 2014, 04:11:44 pm »

All these things are much, much less flashy and screaming "Russia did this", than a goddamn nuclear explosion.

You don't seem to realize just how world-changing a tactical nuclear weapon usage would be, do you?
._.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: September 15, 2014, 04:14:42 pm »

Well, he has already claimed that there were no Russian troops in Crimea, no Russian support for Ukrainian seperatists, no Russian troops in Ukraine, that Russian aid convoy would be given to international red cross at Ukrainian border... need I go on?
But there are no Russian troops in Ukraine, just some soldiers volunteering in their spare time (in unrelated news Russian soldiers now have 365 days of paid vacation per year). Or some Russian soldiers that got lost during a training maneuver (though one has to wonder how the Russians managed to find Berlin in '45 if they already get lost in Ukraine now).
Since there is a NATO maneuver in Ukraine, it's probably going to be a NATO nuke.
(Just kidding, I don't think Putin is that crazy.)

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10993 on: September 15, 2014, 04:28:52 pm »

Hurt national pride by the West? You mean the swiss franc mortgage the Hungarians got saddled with? Or the dismantlement of Austra-Hungary back in 1921?

Hehe no, not the mortgage, I don't think that's enough but maybe one day it will be part of our history books, as the dreaded Swiss Loan Offensive. You're almost spot on with the dismantlement of Austria-Hungary, (although with the exception of some conservative old men, who sometimes get together with their Austrian counterparts for some tea and crumpets, no one misses the Austria part) so to be more precise the Treaty of Trianon is what I mean.
Plus I guess the communist propaganda also fed the 'West is out to get us' mentality.

Also, if you're Hungarian, can you tell me what Jobbik means? Last time I was in Budapest, I saw a taxi company name "Jobbtaxi", with a map of pre-1921 Hungary painted on the doors, so I'm wondering what the word means. Were those neo-nazi taxis?

Jobbik means 'better one' and Jobb can mean 'right' or 'better'. There's a joke that the whole radical right grew out of shops selling national themed t-shirts, so they might be connected to Jobbik or maybe they just want to cash in on national feelings independently. It's hard to tell the ideological leaning of taxis.

Hungary is like Russia without oil... Hmmmm... You mean Ukraine should expect Hungarian-speaking "rebels", soon?

Googled Hungarian army... Nope, not a threat :)

You would be amazed but once this whole Russian separatist thing started there were some guys on the fringe right shitting themselves over how we would get back our territories from Ukraine.

From the fact that Nazis were radically progressive?

Ah yes, if we just ignore all the differences any two things are alike.

The Nazis were radically cheese.

Well I don't know about every Nazi party but the Arrow Cross Party was pretty high on social justice they demanded things like universal and free healthcare and tried to provide this to their members, also tried to actively win the vote of women and had feminist organizations, and the antisemitism itself was also based on the fact that Jews were overrepresented among the higher and middle classes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: September 15, 2014, 04:31:25 pm »

Jeez, you guys need to grow over it, half of Europe was rearranged since then.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 1393