Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1702060 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10845 on: September 13, 2014, 04:10:15 pm »

Besides, why would we even want to invade Finland?
"To correct historical mistake" or another one of Putin's favorites. Border too close to St Petersburg again, Finland should become grand duchy again, because Dugin said so, yada yada...
You realize that Putin is actually a sane guy and his real motivations are not this stupid? The USSR has somehow dealt with the Finland being close to Leningrad without attempting to conquer it, I believe Putin can do that, too.

He may be sane but he is certainly ruthless. Those werent the real reasons that da_nang mentioned, he was just being sarcastic(those could be some of the reasons fed to the public).

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: September 13, 2014, 04:27:19 pm »

Well, weren't you stating earlier that Putin had not intention to invade Ukraine?
Well, uh,
1) I've a bad memory and I've forgotten about saying that (but that's my bad)
2) The current events going on are not an invasion in the classical sense. Well, as far as I know, no invader has done it so... slowly.

The invasion is usually associated with something more... sudden, you know? Like Hitler invading Poland. A blitzkrieg.
What is happening in Ukraine is the total opposite of blitzkrieg.
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: September 13, 2014, 04:34:48 pm »

Nebelkrieg - fog warfare! Fog is pretty much the opposite of thunderstorms, as far as bad weather goes.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: September 14, 2014, 03:57:42 am »

._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: September 14, 2014, 04:07:05 am »

Those were threats of Russian sanctions against Ukraine, not against Europe.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: September 14, 2014, 05:35:16 am »

Nebelkrieg - fog warfare! Fog is pretty much the opposite of thunderstorms, as far as bad weather goes.
Salamikrieg is more appropriate, methinks.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10852 on: September 14, 2014, 05:37:49 am »

The BBC seriously feels like airing people who spout things like "encouraging children to be healthy is bad for them" have anything worthwhile to say. Surely there aren't that many people who share these beliefs? Even in fat Britain I don't believe it, surely it is a joke?!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: September 14, 2014, 05:39:36 am »

society is a joke

* LordSlowpoke sips vanilla flavored processed yogurt product

give it a couple years, they'll change how bmi is interpreted to suit their agenda

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: September 14, 2014, 06:06:22 am »

The BBC seriously feels like airing people who spout things like "encouraging children to be healthy is bad for them" have anything worthwhile to say. Surely there aren't that many people who share these beliefs? Even in fat Britain I don't believe it, surely it is a joke?!
I think the argument is more that making people feel ashamed about their weight isn't an effective way to help them lose it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: September 14, 2014, 06:48:55 am »

Salamikrieg is more appropriate, methinks.
But you can see how far the salami has been sliced! With fog, half the time you don't know whether it's moving forward or backward.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: September 14, 2014, 07:01:55 am »

I am becoming more and more depressed as I look at the candidates of incoming Ukrainian Parliamentary Elections...

It can't be worse than the current parliament, but still, half of candidates deserve prison way more than MP position
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: September 14, 2014, 07:16:23 am »

I am becoming more and more depressed as I look at the candidates of incoming Ukrainian Parliamentary Elections...

It can't be worse than the current parliament, but still, half of candidates deserve prison way more than MP position

What do you mean? Like the corruption and oligarchs?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10858 on: September 14, 2014, 07:28:34 am »

I think the argument is more that making people feel ashamed about their weight isn't an effective way to help them lose it.
Telling obese people it's ok to be obese will help them not be obese?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: September 14, 2014, 07:37:00 am »

What do you mean? Like the corruption and oligarchs?
Yep. Many corrupted old faces. And what is more depressing less politically aware people are ready to vote for them

It is the best list of candidates during my lifetime some renovation will happen, and we'll see far less Russian agents but back in Maydan times I hoped for better choices.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1393