Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1752574 times)

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10710 on: September 11, 2014, 09:20:53 am »

The official position of our FA department is that NATO maneuvres in black sea serve to "escalate pressure" and "call doubt on the ukrainian peace process". Anti-NATO propaganda is booming, yeah. It may seem stupid for you, but for most of us Russians it's really not.

Yeah, but why single out Canada like that? It's just kinda... weird and nonsensical. Especially since you already have a good target in NATO/the US.
The particular ship that was encountered by Russian planes and provoked this piece of news and this train of thought was Canadian. That's all I think, no further reason needed. what I'm trying to tell you is that the entire Russian people here is being kept extremely frustrated and agressive. It's almost like Palestinian/hamas ideology: the West is threatening our peaceful country and encroaching on our land, so we must hate them and fight them. we feel like the victim despite really being the agressor.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:23:21 am by nanomage »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: September 11, 2014, 09:30:30 am »

The official position of our FA department is that NATO maneuvres in black sea serve to "escalate pressure" and "call doubt on the ukrainian peace process". Anti-NATO propaganda is booming, yeah. It may seem stupid for you, but for most of us Russians it's really not.

Yeah, but why single out Canada like that? It's just kinda... weird and nonsensical. Especially since you already have a good target in NATO/the US.
The particular ship that was encountered by Russian planes and provoked this piece of news and this train of thought was Canadian. That's all I think, no further reason needed. what I'm trying to tell you is that the entire Russian people here is being kept extremely frustrated and agressive. It's almost like Palestinian/hamas ideology: the West is threatening our peaceful country and encroaching on our land, so we must hate them and fight them. we feel like the victim despite really being the agressor.
Canada also was one of the first countries to start sanctioning Russia IIRC, so somebody did not do his research...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:33:42 am by Sergarr »
._.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: September 11, 2014, 10:09:36 am »

regarding NATO led by Jews, that is a thing. Just not in official/para-official propaganda yet, but it's a huge ideological staple for far-rights and far-lefts here. Like those Strelkov wants to unite.

Propaganda wise, its not that hard to make that claim.

Claim 1 - US de facto controls NATO through financial means. (Many people believe this statement to be true)

Claim 2 - The Jews de facto control the US through financial means. (Many people believe this statement to be true)

Conclusion - The Jews de facto control NATO through financial means. (The people believing in the two claims above, should also believe in this conclusion. if they don't they have a logical fallacy)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: September 11, 2014, 10:31:58 am »

97% of the Scottish electorate are now registered to vote in the referendum according to the Guardian.
If a lot of people registered recently, they might be 'no' voters trying to prevent a close vote for secession.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: September 11, 2014, 11:13:56 am »

Actually I consider Canada to be one of few real friends of Ukraine
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: September 11, 2014, 11:14:43 am »

Actually I consider Canada to be one of few real friends of Ukraine
Canada is everyone's friend. Yes, even Russia.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: September 11, 2014, 11:14:58 am »

Hasn't Canada traditionally served as election monitor for Ukraine?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: September 11, 2014, 02:25:58 pm »

Scottish independence and how it could affect the Scottish computer games industry.

I think we're blessed to have companies like Rockstar North in Scotland. Given our well-established pedigree in the gaming industry we should do everything in our power to grow this industry as it becomes more and more lucrative.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: September 11, 2014, 02:37:46 pm »

A friend on an IRC told me about that three Scottish banks are threatening to leave if Scotland declares independence.

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Udland/2014/09/11/173724.htm (article is in Danish)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: September 11, 2014, 02:53:58 pm »

Scottish independence and how it could affect the Scottish computer games industry.

I think we're blessed to have companies like Rockstar North in Scotland. Given our well-established pedigree in the gaming industry we should do everything in our power to grow this industry as it becomes more and more lucrative.
I didn't know the Scottish people were the one to invent GTA. Woah.
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: September 11, 2014, 02:55:18 pm »

I didn't know the Scottish people were the one to invent GTA. Woah.
You've never driven in a bad part of Glasgow, I take it.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: September 11, 2014, 03:13:00 pm »

How bad is Chicago compared to Glasgow?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10722 on: September 11, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »

Surprised no one's mentioned this yet.
Scottish independence: RBS confirms London HQ move if Scotland votes 'Yes.'
Lloyds confirms plans to relocate to London if Scots vote Yes.
The announcements from RBS and Lloyds were swiftly echoed by Clydesdale Bank, TSB Bank and Tesco Bank.
If you try to strike down London it merely comes back stronger than ever before. It must grow stronger if ever it is to finally win its eternal economical contest against New York and Tokyo!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: September 11, 2014, 03:20:06 pm »

There's the story of the Coca-Cola vending machine:
Coca-Cola had developed a new high-security vending machine. They tested it by deploying it in a really bad part of Chicago.
When they came back, it was evident that people had tried to steal from the machine, even using copious amounts of violence. The machine, however, resisted.
So they decided to put it in other cities too. Glasgow was among these cities. When they came back the next morning, the whole machine was gone.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: September 11, 2014, 03:22:30 pm »

How bad is Chicago compared to Glasgow?
The way I measure Glasgow up to anything else is with the following event:
A terrorist crashed, blew himself up, was set on fire, and then kicked in the balls with enough force to sprain the guy's ankle in 30 seconds when they attempted to bomb Glasgow airport (Emphasis on attempted. Hit the bollards)

If Chicago has better/worse, I wish to know what that is.

EDIT: LW,
A friend on an IRC told me about that three Scottish banks are threatening to leave if Scotland declares independence.

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Udland/2014/09/11/173724.htm (article is in Danish)

Another man exited the car and ran into the terminal building while he was on fire and began writhing on the ground, before being kicked in the testicles by a member of the public, John Smeaton,[23] who was awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal for his heroism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Smeaton_(born_1976)

This man is now my personal deity of ball kicking.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1393