Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751724 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10215 on: September 03, 2014, 11:08:20 am »

were they supporting current russian actions in chechnya or punitive action against chechnya taken because of similar shenanigans russia was the victim of

this is important

Current and past Russian actions in Chechnya, if I remember correctly. I don't see it as being that important though; Russian response was completely disproportionate and callous on both counts.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: September 03, 2014, 11:38:38 am »

were they supporting current russian actions in chechnya or punitive action against chechnya taken because of similar shenanigans russia was the victim of

this is important

Current and past Russian actions in Chechnya, if I remember correctly. I don't see it as being that important though; Russian response was completely disproportionate and callous on both counts.

it's not very okay supporting what russia is doing right now

it's okay to sympathize with others who were hurt by what is perceived as the same party as oneself

because obviously all chechens are the same, but that's a tangent for another day

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: September 03, 2014, 12:17:22 pm »

Are you saying they're not? Because really you're better than that.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: September 03, 2014, 12:18:54 pm »

* LordSlowpoke shrugs

okay then, all chechens rook same

happy now

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: September 03, 2014, 12:21:37 pm »

Spoiler: yes (click to show/hide)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: September 03, 2014, 01:03:09 pm »

Now that ukraine is losing from pro rusians, and is retreating, I think soon there will be some case of fire. But anyway good news, there is no more sieges of towns/bombardment with artillery, as they  all retreated.
Ukrainian army keeps shelling military targets as it always did. All cities are still in the range of our artillery

Why DNR\LNR  halted shelling of 100% civilian targets after more Russian army arrived...? Ask them

They are shelling cities, and trying to hit military targets and hitting other targets.  They stopped probably because they do not have good position to do it, and at the same time are retreating from postion from where they bombed the city as the pro ruisians are in the push.  The more they move away from the cities the better.

Make love not war

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: September 03, 2014, 02:56:19 pm »

Russian artillery demonstrates what is bombarding villages with artillery, nowadays. Several villages ceased to exist. Same will happen with several towns, soon... Then half a million industrial Mariupol

Of cause Russian propaganda will scream - Ukrainian army....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: September 03, 2014, 03:43:44 pm »

And normal ukraine propaganda will scream something else,that towns they destroyed while fighting pro russians was actually russians fighting pro russians
Make love not war

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: September 03, 2014, 04:02:14 pm »

Russian artillery demonstrates what is bombarding villages with artillery, nowadays. Several villages ceased to exist. Same will happen with several towns, soon... Then half a million industrial Mariupol

I highly doubt anything will happen in Mariupol. There hasn't been any significant movement around there since the alleged Russian invasion.

The rebels also have said that they do not want to assault/shell the city and instead will use a lot of small diversion groups.
._.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: September 03, 2014, 05:37:47 pm »

I highly doubt anything will happen in Mariupol. There hasn't been any significant movement around there since the alleged Russian invasion.

The rebels also have said that they do not want to assault/shell the city and instead will use a lot of small diversion groups.
Do remember that "what has been said" and "what has happened" are two different things that have had very little to do with each other in this mess since day one.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: September 03, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »

Well, it's been a long time coming for some reason but I think I've found out for definite what my anthem of independence and this campaign is going to be.

"Son, I voted Yes" - by Stanley Odd, a Scottish hip hop group. I think it's so good it should really be on a television advert of some sort.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:02:55 pm by Owlbread »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: September 03, 2014, 08:12:05 pm »

A bit long for being usable in an advertisement, but it's not difficult to understand. And the lyrics are literally being written out in the video.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: September 04, 2014, 04:42:54 am »

Scottish hiphop? Cute~

Sounds a bit like Eminem, I dunno why.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10228 on: September 04, 2014, 04:45:35 am »

Do remember that "what has been said" and "what has happened" are two different things that have had very little to do with each other in this mess since day one.
What part about "There hasn't been any significant movement around there since the alleged Russian invasion" is not clear to you? Do you think they would wait until the Mariupol is fully fortified if they wanted to assault it directly?
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: September 04, 2014, 04:46:45 am »

According to German media, the fortifications are largely symbolic and will have the defensive value of a fluffy pillow, and the Russians are currently working on encircling the city.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 1393