Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751716 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10200 on: September 03, 2014, 04:27:39 am »

Maybe Poroshenko decided to do some money on Russian stock exchange? :) +4.5% for Russian index

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: September 03, 2014, 04:41:31 am »

He kinda said something like 'there can be no cease fire, because we are not at war'
Didn't Gaddafi have a similar liine of reasoning before being overthrown? 'I have no office, I can't step down!'
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: September 03, 2014, 04:43:56 am »

...well, he was both being a smartass and legit

he never really got himself an office, except he did, except he didn't

insert "should have kept him"-style argument here

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: September 03, 2014, 08:16:41 am »

Why? I just don't get why Poroshenko would do that. On one hand, it shows that nobody believes in Putin's "we're not a side in the conflict" bullshit, at least not in the stock exchange. Then again he's not losing the war in the east(...is he?) and he knows that the moment he makes a secret agreement with Putin, without his nation's knowledge and consent, he might as well pack his bags and leave for Crimea Kiev and become some lesser governor in a god-forsaken oblast far away from the capital.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: September 03, 2014, 08:42:55 am »

Why? I just don't get why Poroshenko would do that. On one hand, it shows that nobody believes in Putin's "we're not a side in the conflict" bullshit, at least not in the stock exchange. Then again he's not losing the war in the east(...is he?) and he knows that the moment he makes a secret agreement with Putin, without his nation's knowledge and consent, he might as well pack his bags and leave for Crimea Kiev and become some lesser governor in a god-forsaken oblast far away from the capital.
yes he is. putin has ramped up the scale, sending more military aid and troops (allegedly even regular units this time), and ukrainian forces had to withdraw from much of the territory they had held in donetsk and lugansk oblasts. they also lost control over lugansk airport which basically means DPR and LPR will have fully functional airforce in no time on the excuse the planes had been captured from ukraine.

but mainly, just ptw here

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: September 03, 2014, 09:34:01 am »

Then again, ISIS supporting Chechnya makes political condemnation of repression of Chechnya more problematic.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: September 03, 2014, 09:48:01 am »

Then again, ISIS supporting Chechnya makes political condemnation of repression of Chechnya more problematic.
Not really. Repression is repression. Conversely, actors within the brutal Syrian state condemns ISIS, that doesn't mean condemning ISIS is a problem.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:24 am »

ISIS should support not Chechnya but Moscow independence. After all there are at least million of Muslims living in Russian capital

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: September 03, 2014, 10:20:51 am »

And how many of these Muslim are radical Sunni? After all, ISIS are the enemy of non-radical Muslims and Shiites.
._.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: September 03, 2014, 10:24:58 am »

Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: September 03, 2014, 10:44:44 am »

Now that ukraine is losing from pro rusians, and is retreating, I think soon there will be some case of fire. But anyway good news, there is no more sieges of towns/bombardment with artillery, as they  all retreated.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:47:18 am by miljan »
Make love not war

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: September 03, 2014, 10:45:18 am »

No, only for very foolish people who see things in black and white, like the idiots who started expressing support for Russia after the Boston Bombings.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: September 03, 2014, 10:57:48 am »

No, only for very foolish people who see things in black and white, like the idiots who started expressing support for Russia after the Boston Bombings.

were they supporting current russian actions in chechnya or punitive action against chechnya taken because of similar shenanigans russia was the victim of

this is important

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: September 03, 2014, 11:06:50 am »

Now that ukraine is losing from pro rusians, and is retreating, I think soon there will be some case of fire. But anyway good news, there is no more sieges of towns/bombardment with artillery, as they  all retreated.
Ukrainian army keeps shelling military targets as it always did. All cities are still in the range of our artillery

Why DNR\LNR  halted shelling of 100% civilian targets after more Russian army arrived...? Ask them
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1393