Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751570 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10185 on: September 02, 2014, 04:35:28 pm »

It could be black-white-blue Estonia with Latvia holding onto it.

Anyhow, the great news is that despite all the propaganda flying back and forth, Russia's economy is still the size of Italy's or so and China is hardly an "ally" of any kind once we look closer. The "good guys" are still stronger. And many will be joining them still, without a doubt as US mercenaries, due to their russophilic attitudes or because their just plain good old nazis. Or whatever.

Sad how in their own propaganda Russia threatens with the use of invasion and nuclear weapons in the true mafia way and that is seen as a positive thing by their own people.
I don't remember Russia threatening others with nuclear weapons. Aside from the general reminder about "why you should not attack Russia".

Also, according to Russian mass media, at 16-26 September there will be a NATO military exercise in Ukraine, up to 1000 NATO soldiers, 200 from US.
._.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: September 02, 2014, 04:37:17 pm »

Wouldn't it make more sense then to have the rat hanging from Germany? Although I guess that's thwarted because skulls don't have ears.
The guy who made this is clearly better at making graphic art than at having elaborate and consistent political opinions, so I wouldn't put too much thought into interpreting the thing...

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: September 02, 2014, 04:39:36 pm »

It could be black-white-blue Estonia with Latvia holding onto it.

Anyhow, the great news is that despite all the propaganda flying back and forth, Russia's economy is still the size of Italy's or so and China is hardly an "ally" of any kind once we look closer. The "good guys" are still stronger. And many will be joining them still, without a doubt as US mercenaries, due to their russophilic attitudes or because their just plain good old nazis. Or whatever.

Sad how in their own propaganda Russia threatens with the use of invasion and nuclear weapons in the true mafia way and that is seen as a positive thing by their own people.
I don't remember Russia threatening others with nuclear weapons. Aside from the general reminder about "why you should not attack Russia".

Also, according to Russian mass media, at 16-26 September there will be a NATO military exercise in Ukraine, up to 1000 NATO soldiers, 200 from US.

Nuke talk was Putin himself to Nashi a week or so back. "It would be foolish to threaten us because.." in a situation where according to Russia the West is has been somehow sieging/blockading and threatening Russia and Russians. Just tune on RT.

edit: yeah also Russian mass media is like the Russian version of Fox. At least the Americans have several alternatives.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:41:11 pm by Erkki »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: September 02, 2014, 04:43:29 pm »

Yeah, in the same way that Fat Tony comes into your shop and says "You got a nice little business here, it would be a shame if anything were to happen to it, capeche?"

No overt threats have been made, but...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: September 02, 2014, 04:44:57 pm »

Russian's alternative (and very infamous for that) mass media source: http://www.echo.msk.ru/
And I'm pretty sure it's not the only one of it's kind.

So, you don't know anything about Russian mass media, do you? Actually, are you Estonian or Finnish? You seem to have that very specific variant of anti-Russian propaganda echoing in your words.

EDIT:
Yeah, in the same way that Fat Tony comes into your shop and says "You got a nice little business here, it would be a shame if anything were to happen to it, capeche?"

No overt threats have been made, but...
You are mad if you think Putin will actually use nuclear weapons. I really doubt Putin will actually use nuclear weapons in an offensive campaign.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:47:03 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: September 02, 2014, 04:50:46 pm »

Russian's alternative (and very infamous for that) mass media source: http://www.echo.msk.ru/
And I'm pretty sure it's not the only one of it's kind.

So, you don't know anything about Russian mass media, do you? Actually, are you Estonian or Finnish? You seem to have that very specific variant of anti-Russian propaganda echoing in your words.

Ad hominem? We all know what the media situation in Russia is. Russia, its own leadership and its actions as well as her own media is the greatest advocate of NATO membership of Russia's neighbors. Russia is unpredictable, ambitious and armed.

People dont get arrested, have their business closed or disappear for their opinions where I live.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: September 02, 2014, 04:54:51 pm »

That same "specific variant of anti-Russian propaganda" that all Russian western neighbours that are not under total pro-russian dictatorship share?
And we get a good laugh at russian news over here, especially when they are compared to any other media.

Ad hominem? We all know what the media situation in Russia is. Russia, its own leadership and its actions as well as her own media is the greatest advocate of NATO membership of Russia's neighbors. Russia is unpredictable, ambitious and armed.

People dont get arrested, have their business closed or disappear for their opinions where I live.
Russia is just being Russia, nothing new there.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: September 02, 2014, 07:17:49 pm »

And Ashya's parents have been released after the police realised they were being rather stupid.

Again, yes, might have been a stupid decision, but ultimately it IS the parent's choice.

'Prime Minister David Cameron earlier welcomed the move to drop the prosecution.'
So, looks like the politicians thought it was good that the police stopped having a fit about it.
So looks like the Pm's spin-master realised this was an issue with public support behind it which he might be able to use for a few public opinion points with mere comment, however he will certainly stop short of doing anything about the abuse of civil rights or the social and medical issues that this case revolves around.....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: September 03, 2014, 03:25:29 am »

Quote from: Poroshenko's twitter
As a result of my telephone conversation with Russian President we reached an agreement on a permanent ceasefire on Donbass.
WTF?

Waiting for details. Have a bad feeling about that, that smells Ukraine admitting defeat
Anyway agreement with Putin is a bad idea, because that guy never keeps his word
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: September 03, 2014, 03:26:25 am »

BBC and Russia's RIA Novosti have just reported that Ukrainian President Poroshenko, after telephone negotiations with Russian President Putin, has declared a ceasefire in Eastern Ukraine. Currently BBC claims that the ceasefire is permanent.

Judging by how well the last ceasefire was observed by both Ukrainian and DNR/LNR forces, this definitely won't be the end of the war.

EDIT: ninja'd by UR
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: September 03, 2014, 03:42:34 am »

The second ceasefire for the second "humanitarian convoy", I guess?
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: September 03, 2014, 03:45:53 am »

convoy's been going back and forth like a rocking haircut, sergie

sergio?

fuck if i know how that works

thing being you should buy a gas mask and go cosplay a stalker in donetsk or fuck if i know

be the hero

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: September 03, 2014, 04:12:25 am »

there are already some russian ex-border guard... as i've learned recently after they refused my father's help.

in related news, i didn't knew exploding people's heads with explosives is an effective way to make other people speak.
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: September 03, 2014, 04:16:44 am »

Putin just denied any cease fire agreement, or involvement in the whole affair.

He kinda said something like 'there can be no cease fire, because we are not at war'
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: September 03, 2014, 04:21:02 am »

These "peace talks" are somehow getting more and more hilarious after each time they happen...
._.
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1393