Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751708 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10170 on: September 02, 2014, 04:01:56 pm »

This is not a good year for our Nuclear Power Plants to spontaneously break down/ be sabotaged.

Really, unless we can get one repaired fast, we'll face between 50-150 hours of brownouts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10171 on: September 02, 2014, 04:06:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also just saying I love me some propaganda. Thing is, I don't really know who made this one, but I must say that the babby Serbia is adorable, the various heads of the hydra are awesome (with particular distinction to the French chicken of war, the French chicken of war is particularly more vicious than you would expect from a descendant of the French raptor bred for KFC). Can't quite tell who the blue white blue hydra head are though, or why an Austria rodent is clinging onto it for dear life.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: September 02, 2014, 04:17:38 pm »

Also just saying I love me some propaganda. Thing is, I don't really know who made this one, but I must say that the babby Serbia is adorable, the various heads of the hydra are awesome (with particular distinction to the French chicken of war, the French chicken of war is particularly more vicious than you would expect from a descendant of the French raptor bred for KFC). Can't quite tell who the blue white blue hydra head are though, or why an Austria rodent is clinging onto it for dear life.

Blue-white-blue is Israel. Fits the color scheme (white stripe with blue sides). And yes, I've checked half the world's flags out of curiosity.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: September 02, 2014, 04:18:14 pm »

Can't quite tell who the blue white blue hydra head are though, or why an Austria rodent is clinging onto it for dear life.
According to the artist, it's Israel (not Argentina) and Latvia. Also looks like baby Serbia was inserted later by someone else.

Blue-white-blue is Israel. Fits the color scheme (white stripe with blue sides). And yes, I've checked half the world's flags out of curiosity.
I just googled the image.  8)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10174 on: September 02, 2014, 04:19:23 pm »

I guessed Israel because pig =/= kosher, but they aren't a member of G20. Threw me off.

Also looks like baby Serbia was inserted later by someone else.
SERBS

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: September 02, 2014, 04:19:33 pm »

It could be black-white-blue Estonia with Latvia holding onto it.

Anyhow, the great news is that despite all the propaganda flying back and forth, Russia's economy is still the size of Italy's or so and China is hardly an "ally" of any kind once we look closer. The "good guys" are still stronger. And many will be joining them still, without a doubt as US mercenaries, due to their russophilic attitudes or because their just plain good old nazis. Or whatever.

Sad how in their own propaganda Russia threatens with the use of invasion and nuclear weapons in the true mafia way and that is seen as a positive thing by their own people.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: September 02, 2014, 04:20:22 pm »

I've seen a different version a while ago. Germany had the swastika flag, the dollar sign was a David's Star and the body had EU stars. Also the countries were switched up a bit.

Oh, and China was Ukraine. No Serbia either.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: September 02, 2014, 04:22:06 pm »

No black for Estonia.

And yeah, I've been thinking that the artist under-appreciates Chinese sense of self-interest.

And that since we don't see the faces of the warriors, and combined with ambiguous pose, you can feel free to imagine one of them telling the other something like 'Oh shiiiiiiiiit'.

E: China was Ukraine? Ahahahaha... 10/10 foresight.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: September 02, 2014, 04:22:35 pm »

The rodent could be Latvia, going by the deep red wine colour. I have no idea who the blue and white pig is either. The pig is not much of a clue unlike the other heads, and a look at a list of G20 nations does not help. Argentina has a blue and white flag even if it is the wrong shade, and is known for its love of meat... but they are not EU, and why would Austria or Latvia be on it?

Wow, Ninjas. Why Israel? They are not G20... though the pig is an obvious jibe.
This is a blank sig.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: September 02, 2014, 04:23:35 pm »

Why is latvia hanging onto the Israel hydra head?

Also not sure why a rodent head for Japan, I'd probably have gone with a wolf or fox, or maybe a tanuki.

*warning 5 new replies* wat

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: September 02, 2014, 04:23:53 pm »

E: China was Ukraine? Ahahahaha... 10/10 foresight.
No foresight :P. Was during the Crimea Crisis or whatever that's called now.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: September 02, 2014, 04:26:01 pm »

Some quotes from the artist:
This picture is not about Russia and China, it's about world's position on Syria on last year's G20 summit.

Pig head is Israel, rat is Latvia. Unfortunately, this art was made in a hurry about eight months ago, that explains everything, i guess.

Well, eagle skull for US, rooster for France, lion for UK and WW1-WW2 soldier skull for Germany (recognizable by russians mostly, i think). I can't really remember why Japan is rat skull, and i was really angry at Israel government for some reason (Syria related, probably), there goes the pig skull. I am Jewish myself, so it had nothing to do with antisemitism.

Latvia is a rat because Latvians honour their Nazi legion and supported other heads positions.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: September 02, 2014, 04:26:12 pm »

Latvia is on its probably because... Because its a tiny NATO country and Russia's neighbor and constantly under a threat of insta-annexation. As we know, Russia's neighbors, especially the small ones, are all either fascist or puppets great friends of Russia.

edit: on Baltic SS units / Nazi Legions. Good majority of the men got to choose, in 1941, between Red Army, jail/slave labor and Wehrmacht. The ones that waited until Soviets left and chose to fight on the sides of their liberators found themselves in SS uniforms. It is pretty common knowledge... I dont doubt that some werent nazis but without a doubt most were not and did not choose their fate, as Latvia and other Baltics hadnt been controlled by fascists or even right wingers.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:30:10 pm by Erkki »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10183 on: September 02, 2014, 04:29:46 pm »

Also not sure why a rodent head for Japan, I'd probably have gone with a wolf or fox, or maybe a tanuki.
Japan has a rabbit head for its herbivore men problem.

Also bingo on the pig!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: September 02, 2014, 04:35:02 pm »

Wouldn't it make more sense then to have the rat hanging from Germany? Although I guess that's thwarted because skulls don't have ears.

Also, lolnope on China.
One, because they're staying way the fuck out of this.
Two, because while they might have mildly supported the Assad regime because of their staunch policy of international non-intereference in "internal matters" they damn well aren't going to support Russia in Ukraine for exactly the same reason.

Ukraine cracking down on pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine = China cracking down on Tibetans/Uighurs/Taiwanese in China. At least from their point of view.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 1393