Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751541 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10125 on: September 02, 2014, 08:48:04 am »

I hope it is rhetoric to justify aid. Like: you see, Ukraine is loosing, there are reason to help...

Besides Russian army often performs way worse than world expects:

Japan (defeat)
World War One (defeat)
Soviet-Polish war (defeat)
Winter War (partial victory with huge losses)
Word War Two (Standing army was defeated, war won by reservists and Western aid)
Afghanistan (defeat)
First Chechen War (defeat)

There are situations were performance wasn't bad (*Pre-WW2 skirmishes with Japan, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, 2nd Chehen War. Georgian war) But I take "Ukraine has no single chance in a war" with a mountain of salt
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: September 02, 2014, 09:23:17 am »

Warning: very graphic pictures. This is only an hour old:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ulkomaat/art-1288732684261.html

Thats some heavy weaponry the "separatists" have.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: September 02, 2014, 09:33:10 am »

Russia taking Eastern Ukraine?

It was inevitable.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: September 02, 2014, 09:49:43 am »

You were saying? (beware, loud video!)
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: September 02, 2014, 10:03:42 am »

Love the middle-aged woman in jorts snapping a picture of a dead soldier on her cellphone.

Stay classy, Donetsk.  ::)

Also, the notion of "Meh, fuck their corpses. They don't deserve burial."
When you have people who think that way about their own countrymen, it begs the question of why you'd even want these people in your country?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: September 02, 2014, 10:14:23 am »

Refined Soviets here. Forced deportation of those is something that must be done sooner or later. I'd let them go with territories if normal people didn't live in the same area

BTW, Don't think they treat bodies of their own man anyway better. Or you can remember treatment of air-crash victims by them.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: September 02, 2014, 10:15:38 am »

Just remember the Kremlin is still putting Russian cannon fodder army to rest in secret burials. Shows about how much respect the nu-USSR has for life, especially those given in service to Putin's whims.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: September 02, 2014, 10:16:00 am »

Forced deportation is never the answer, as terrible as those people are. That kind of talk makes you just as bad as the Russians calling for the North Caucasus to be ethnically cleansed.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: September 02, 2014, 10:18:36 am »

I suppose in some ways, it's nice to have the Cold War back. Makes me feel like a kid again, what with the saber-rattling and Russkie-hating and ominous reminders of "we have nukes, y'know...".

Ahh, those were the days -- with the ever-present specter of a nuclear Sword of Damocles hanging over our heads. Good times, I tell ya.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: September 02, 2014, 10:20:02 am »

Forced deportation is never the answer, as terrible as those people are. That kind of talk makes you just as bad as the Russians calling for the North Caucasus to be ethnically cleansed.
Yes, we should be tolerant to the ones who want to kill us. I know your position

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: September 02, 2014, 10:39:16 am »

However this will end, the Donbass will never return back to Ukraine, and Ukraine will not accept the Donbass as it is back into the country.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: September 02, 2014, 10:50:43 am »

However this will end, the Donbass will never return back to Ukraine, and Ukraine will not accept the Donbass as it is back into the country.

True, though they might force it to or otherwise try to prevent it from joining Russia.

Meanwhile, when this war is over, the Donbass and Luhansk republics (Or are they one republic? Not sure) will have a hell of a lot of infrastructure repairing to do.

Anybody know how much of Ukraines debt and economic problems the Donbass and Luhansk republics would inherit? Just wondering out of curiosity and I know Russia could easily just forgive their part of the debt.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: September 02, 2014, 10:53:59 am »

Just remember the Kremlin is still putting Russian cannon fodder army to rest in secret burials. Shows about how much respect the nu-USSR has for life, especially those given in service to Putin's whims.

Well its not like fascist countries have ever had much of an appreciation for life. Militarism, patriotism and a world-spanning conspiracies hey-ho! If only they understood how much they are hurting themselves. As demonstrated so many times, media can be a powerful weapon.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: September 02, 2014, 10:54:40 am »

https://twitter.com/BBCDanielS/status/506828488968794112

"UK Defence Minister Julian Brazier says British troops may take part in a military exercise in Ukraine later this month."
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: September 02, 2014, 11:00:51 am »

https://twitter.com/BBCDanielS/status/506828488968794112

"UK Defence Minister Julian Brazier says British troops may take part in a military exercise in Ukraine later this month."

Meh. NATO has a training exercise scheduled in Ukraine months ago, before the shit hit the fan. At least now, the fan will have a few more guns if the shit tries again.

Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1393