Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750730 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9810 on: August 28, 2014, 12:37:06 pm »

What about the plan "conquer the sea border up to Odessa"? You can make this problem so large that then everybody forgets about Novorossiya.

According to Novorossiyan activists, "Novorossiya" is Odessa as much as it is Donetsk.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: August 28, 2014, 12:43:51 pm »

That is like music for my ears
Here is a crowd in Mariupol chanting
-Glory to Ukraine
-Glory to Heroes

Nationalistic slogan from the times of Ukrainian Insurgent Army. Year ago I never imagined hearing something like that in Eastern Ukraine city. Russian butchers 40km from your city can make one a nationalist
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: August 28, 2014, 01:04:14 pm »

Let's hope these people also has enlisted into Ukrainian Army... this way they'll be at the open and easier for our artillery/tanks/soldiers to kill.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: August 28, 2014, 01:08:43 pm »

Apparently providing exact geographical coordinates is something NATO can't do. We all have to rely on that small square in the upper right corner.
Or is it because South East Ukraine is smaller than it may seems and that the entire area of the border depicted in the picture fits in that small square?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: August 28, 2014, 01:09:00 pm »

Let's hope these people also has enlisted into Ukrainian Army... this way they'll be at the open and easier for our artillery/tanks/soldiers to kill.

Yeah, otherwise your soldiers would have to murder civilians and that couldn't possibly happen -_-
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: August 28, 2014, 01:18:17 pm »

As if "brave" Russian army will enter a city without shelling it into a pile of rubble.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: August 28, 2014, 01:21:07 pm »

How do you think what is Putin's goal right now? I don't think that the plan is to occupy all Ukraine. Russia simply has no realistic way to do that without collapsing its own economy with serious mobilization.

I think there are two likely goals:
a) Novorossiya again. Hacking a land route to Crimea and Moldova.
b) Taking Mariupol. Large port and center of Ukrainian steelworks. Then go for freezing conflict and turning currently controlled territory into new Abkhazia

c)Build up the Eurasian Union:  Weaken economic ties with EU, strengthen it with post-soviet states.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: August 28, 2014, 01:24:02 pm »

Closer economic ties with Ukraine are close to impossible now. Any president that will try that kind of shit will get maydan 3.0

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: August 28, 2014, 01:25:29 pm »

It's not without precedent either. South Ossetia voted to leave Georgia in a referendum in 2008, was illegally occupied by Russia and made a de-facto independent state unrecognised by the world and by Georgia and that's the way it's been ever since.

South Ossetia and Abkhazia have been de-facto independent states unrecognised by the world and by Georgia since 1992.
Transnistria is the same - there was a war with Moldova in 1992, which ended with a ceasefire and the establishment of a joint peacekeeping force, just like in South Ossetia and Abkhazia. Thankfully, the Moldavian government hasn't had brilliant ideas of shelling the peacekeepers with rocket artillery, but if recent rumours circulating around the Russian internet about the sightings of Polish forces on the Ukrainian side of the Transnistrian border are true, it won't be too long before CNN will grace us with reports about the "Russian aggression against Moldova".
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: August 28, 2014, 01:26:17 pm »

Yeah, otherwise your soldiers would have to murder civilians and that couldn't possibly happen -_-
Notice the "easier" part.
It'll be harder to kill them when they're hiding.

Also, I just remembered that about 8 hours ago somebody has reported that the Novaya Russia's army has apparently captured a Tochka-U ballistic missile launcher, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Mariupol is going to be destroyed by ballistic missiles tomorrow.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: August 28, 2014, 01:34:44 pm »

Yeah "captured" from Russia. Soon they'll capture some strategic bombers and tactical nukes

Ballistic missiles on Mariupol are rather likely, indeed. And still...

I am sure that Putin has zero chances to win this war longterm. Soviets can be described in four words - cowards, morons, sadists and slaves. Each of that characteristic make bad soldiers.
Russians are good warriors but many of them are on Ukrainian side, Putin's army is not Russian. It is full of Soviet zombies. Advantage in hardware will not help to win, it will only multiple deaths

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: August 28, 2014, 01:36:16 pm »

Your gleeful bloodthirst is terrifying, Sergarr.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: August 28, 2014, 01:36:48 pm »

Your gleeful bloodthirst is terrifying, Sergarr.
It was inevitable.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: August 28, 2014, 01:37:42 pm »

Closer economic ties with Ukraine are close to impossible now. Any president that will try that kind of shit will get maydan 3.0

I'm not saying Ukraine is the target. Rather that the economic sanctions will strengthen the economic ties with current and potential EAU members. Didn't Guardian G.I. say how happy the Belorussian agriculture industry is with current sanctions?
I think Russia got pissed off by Ukraine choosing the EU over EAU and decided to take drastic measures to make the EAU more convincing for other prospective members.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: August 28, 2014, 01:39:10 pm »

Sergarr, things that you write right now can be considered as flame bait.
As a fellow Soviet barbarian to a fellow Soviet barbarian - I'd tone it down if I were you. We don't need Toady One barging in with his banhammer.
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1393