Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750608 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9780 on: August 28, 2014, 06:06:10 am »

Well those last two are clearly of the same thing, but not at exactly the same time (guy on the right of the picture facing a different direction).
The armoured vehicle on the last two images appears to be BTR-D, a Soviet-era tracked APC which has been used both by Ukrainian and DNR forces.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: August 28, 2014, 06:23:21 am »

The viewpoint in these photos is kind of interesting. It seems like it was made from inside the column itself.
._.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: August 28, 2014, 06:24:51 am »

I imagine the graphite which is used to slow neutrons is quite flammable.
It isn't actually. It hardly burns, and is unable of sustaining itself while on fire.

IIRC, the primary fire hazard in water cooled reactors is Zirconium oxidization.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: August 28, 2014, 06:38:25 am »

I imagine the graphite which is used to slow neutrons is quite flammable.
It isn't actually. It hardly burns, and is unable of sustaining itself while on fire.

IIRC, the primary fire hazard in water cooled reactors is Zirconium oxidization.
I was under the impression that the Windscale fire was caused by graphite, but it seems that magnesium/lithium was the culprit.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: August 28, 2014, 07:43:11 am »

The viewpoint in these photos is kind of interesting. It seems like it was made from inside the column itself.
And with military equipment - infrared goggles, or whatever they're called in English.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: August 28, 2014, 07:46:07 am »

infrared goggles i've heard used, but you probably want night vision

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: August 28, 2014, 08:11:56 am »

Yup, that's the ticket.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: August 28, 2014, 09:19:21 am »

This is not an invasion and Russian soldiers do not take part in fights, so what is causing deaths and injuries of Russian soldiers? Aliens, poisoned Polish apples, unhealthy burgers from McDonalds, or words of concern from western leaders?

http://tvrain.ru/articles/komitet_soldatskih_materej_sostavil_spisok_iz_400_ranenyh_i_ubityh_rossijskih_soldat-374625/

Care to answer this or just astroturf?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:52 am »

This is not an invasion and Russian soldiers do not take part in fights, so what is causing deaths and injuries of Russian soldiers? Aliens, poisoned Polish apples, unhealthy burgers from McDonalds, or words of concern from western leaders?

http://tvrain.ru/articles/komitet_soldatskih_materej_sostavil_spisok_iz_400_ranenyh_i_ubityh_rossijskih_soldat-374625/

Care to answer this or just astroturf?
You keep using that term. I don't think it means what you think it means.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: August 28, 2014, 09:23:49 am »

care to bother reading that sergarr already said that it's ukrainian bullets responsible for the soldiers deaths

Also Ukrainian bullets are causing this obviously, but if we never admit that then it's like nothing is happening! :D

here i'll quote it for you

are you going to bring anything into the discussion or are you just keep on whining about nonexistent astroturfing

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: August 28, 2014, 09:24:21 am »

Creating a false arguement to distract. I know exactly what it is. I'd still like to know how Russian soldiers are dying in Ukraine if Russia hasn't invaded. Specifically from the people who are diehard supporters of this invasion.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: August 28, 2014, 09:26:13 am »

According to wikipedia astroturfing is :" masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g. political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participant(s)"
So Russia astroturfed the invasion of ukraine by making it look like "green men".
I don't see any other astroturfing in here.
I think the term you're looking for is strawman.
Bringing up entirely implausible scenarios that can easily be shot down to stifle argument and discussion.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:29:04 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: August 28, 2014, 09:28:26 am »

Only if they're being paid by the Russian government to post messages with fake ID's pretending to be regular Bay12'ers.

"Astroturf" doesn't mean "someone who disagrees with me".

> Russia hasn't invaded

> diehard supporters of this invasion.

If someone is skeptical that an invasion is going on, that does not make them "diehard supporters of this invasion" by any means. Irrational skeptic, yes. But not a supporter of something they don't believe in.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:30:53 am by Reelya »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: August 28, 2014, 09:30:46 am »

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2011/feb/23/need-to-protect-internet-from-astroturfing

AKA a practice that China, Russia, and organizations take to play public opinion up on the internet. Or to simply drown out the real issues. Once again, how are there Russian soldiers dying in Ukraine if the federation isn't invading them? Accidental mortar strikes? If so, shouldn't the Kremlin be raging, threatening to invade Ukraine for unjustly killing her soldiers? [Just kidding, the Kremlinites don't care about their cannon fodder]

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:37 am »

So are you saying anyone on Bay12 who disagrees with you is in the pay of the Russians?

And you actually believe the USA doesn't Astro-turf?
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1393