Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750484 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9735 on: August 27, 2014, 04:36:31 pm »

Didn't you? I distinctly remember Russian troops inside Georgian territory...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: August 27, 2014, 04:37:53 pm »

I also remember them leaving that territory after war. IIRC the Georgia has not been reduced in land (except for South Ossetia and Abhazia which were already separate).
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: August 27, 2014, 04:38:20 pm »

Cluttering the real topic with astroturfing again :/
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: August 27, 2014, 04:41:17 pm »

I also remember them leaving that territory after war. IIRC the Georgia has not been reduced in land (except for South Ossetia and Abhazia which were already separate).
So in fact Hitler clearly didn't invade the Soviet Union, because later on it even gained territory? My god, you are no dumb fellow - listen to yourself for just one second!

(Or if you're drunk right now, log out and come back when you're sober. I have that problem too sometimes, getting to worked up and everything.)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: August 27, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »

It happened on the 11th of August when Russian forces, after fierce fighting in Tskhinvali, pushed the Georgian army out of South Ossetia and chased them into Georgia proper, taking control of Gori, Poti, Zugdidi and some other towns and cities.
The Western media has been calling the war a Russian aggression all the way since Georgians started shelling Russian peacekeepers in Tskhinvali.

I really wish I'd get paid for my patriotic posts. I'm collecting money for a new gaming PC, and any extra buck wouldn't hurt.  :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:45:26 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: August 27, 2014, 04:44:07 pm »

With NATO planning to significantly expand its military buildup on Russian borders, the future surely looks very bright for all of us. Blindingly bright, I'd even say.
Well, thank Putin for that. With his behaviour in the last few months, he might as well go ahead and build some new NATO bases himself.

Nobody was very happy about it, but I don't recall it being portrayed mostly as a war of Russian aggression, more like a very harsh reaction to some stupid moves by a Georgian government that was a bit overconfident about the backing it might get from the West.
CNN's broadcast of 08.08.08, "Russia Invades Georgia"
You realize that "Western media" is not only crappy American TV news.
German chancellor Schröder blamed Saakashvili at the time (not that surprising, since he's Putins buddy). The EU blamed Saakashvili too, while being a bit more reserved toward Putin.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: August 27, 2014, 04:44:57 pm »

I'm really not sure what you're getting at here. Are you saying that people in this thread are or are getting paid off by politicians?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: August 27, 2014, 04:45:29 pm »

Seems to be a pattern with every Ukraine-related development that a couple posters totally derail it into *unrelated BS* and keep the updates from coming. Rather chase a tail then worry about the head, and what-have-you.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: August 27, 2014, 04:46:24 pm »

We have so far managed to remain fairly civil, though. No trolls bursting in certainly has helped, that's what brought down the previous two threads.
The Bay12 postcard club

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: August 27, 2014, 04:47:27 pm »

So in fact Hitler clearly didn't invade the Soviet Union, because later on it even gained territory? My god, you are no dumb fellow - listen to yourself for just one second!

(Or if you're drunk right now, log out and come back when you're sober. I have that problem too sometimes, getting to worked up and everything.)
Oh. I haven't noticed the "Didn't you?" part before. Oh. Sorry. Yes, we did invade Georgia (as a part of our military operation). It's still a sovereign state with it's own policy, though, compared to Germany post-WW2.

I'm currently drunk on euphoria. And the #RussiainvadedUkraine hashtag is moving at the speed of light.

Seriously this shit is crack
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: August 27, 2014, 04:50:34 pm »

As I said, log off, come back later. You said so yourself before, and it's a delicate topic.

Plus getting hyped at invasions is uncultured. We usually leave that to the Americans.
The Bay12 postcard club

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: August 27, 2014, 04:51:20 pm »

okay
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: August 27, 2014, 04:53:00 pm »

As I said, log off, come back later. You said so yourself before, and it's a delicate topic.

Plus getting hyped at invasions is uncultured. We usually leave that to the Americans.

Depends on who's doing the invading.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: August 27, 2014, 04:56:10 pm »

I'm currently drunk on euphoria. And the #RussiainvadedUkraine hashtag is moving at the speed of light.
To be honest, I have a hard time figuring out whether you are not taking all of this seriously or are being defensive about Russia or actually are enjoying the possibility of a Russian invasion of Ukraine. No offense intended, I'm just not sure how to read your tone sometimes. For example I think I get the angle Guardian GI is coming from, with you I'm never really sure what is serious and what is not.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: August 27, 2014, 05:03:40 pm »

We have so far managed to remain fairly civil, though. No trolls bursting in certainly has helped, that's what brought down the previous two threads.
I've been browsing the closed Ukraine threads recently, and I can say that the general atmosphere in there was much more inflamed.
Mict and the like were much more active back then, though, which constantly fuelled the flames.

Well, at least I know one thing. One thing that is certain.

I live in a major transportation hub of 300 000 people housing two military bases (and a freaking ICBM silo in Soviet times, it was removed in the 90s, though), in a country which is allied with Russia and houses Russian military installations. Should things get really, really bad, my chances of survival are 0% - me, my family, and everyone I know IRL will get vaporized by American nukes in the first minutes of a full-scale war.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 1393