Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750188 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9645 on: August 26, 2014, 10:28:56 am »

It is not racism, it's culturalism. These guys have a horrible, horrible culture that needs to be destroyed.

You know, there were Russian speaking people there in Soviet Union. Now they're gone. Thousands of people, quietly and casually pushed away from their homes, or killed. That's all because of the mountaineer people mentality "might makes right". If they perceive you as weak, they will attack you. And Russians were perceived as weak at the early-RF because of how much our government sucked back then.

Do you know that these people still practice "blood revenge"?

I do not support ethnic cleansing, but I support getting people out of cultures I consider as completely inhumane and backwards.
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: August 26, 2014, 10:34:26 am »

I'll ignore your "it's not Racism it's *insert bullshit here*" stuff for now and just ask you a simple question: why were there Russians living in the North and Mid Caucasus to begin with? Please explain in detail how the native populations were displaced by the Empire and the Soviets in favour of Russian speaking settlers.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:36:29 am by Owlbread »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: August 26, 2014, 10:35:13 am »

Thousands of people, quietly and casually pushed away from their homes, or killed. That's all because of the mountaineer people mentality "might makes right". If they perceive you as weak, they will attack you.

I know of a certain other culture that acts like that.

Can you guess who I am referring to?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: August 26, 2014, 10:37:22 am »

I like how when nu-USSR terrorists appear [on photo] to be doing terroristic things to innocent people in the area, it's not Russians, it's Ossetians, obviously. [Those] Damned savages. Should be doing what the Russian imperialists do, blame everyone else for shit they do.

Also why is there a contingent of genocide bent mercenaries that have worked for the USSR previously suddenly terrorizing people in Ukraine without it being Russia's doing? Probably those damn turks trying to muddle up the situation.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:39:04 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: August 26, 2014, 10:47:04 am »

Oh. It is  Russian style

When they speak about Stalin's in negative light - He is Georgian. I heard  "Why you blame Russians for Stalin's crimes? He is a Georgian"million times.

Of cause the very same guys call Staling a Russian when they talk about him "winning WW2" or other successes

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: August 26, 2014, 10:52:13 am »

Thousands of people, quietly and casually pushed away from their homes, or killed. That's all because of the mountaineer people mentality "might makes right". If they perceive you as weak, they will attack you.

I would guess the United States vs Native Americans, especially the 19th century. But that wouldn't be the only example, just the first one that comes to mind.

It's a past that we're.... not particularily proud of.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: August 26, 2014, 11:40:13 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(United_States)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Day

As if even 1% of the americans even gives a shit about what americans did to the native-americans.

Anyway, i just found out from an israeli news forums that apparently, Gdud Aliya aka "The Chechen battalion", a unit made up of jewish russians that are Ex-Russian various elite units, has joined the rebels in south ukraine.

http://www.fxp.co.il/showthread.php?t=14510445, (Hebrew)
http://www.uacrisis.com/israeli-alia-battalion-joins-self-defense-forces-in-southeast-ukraine/
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a4_1402088436
http://vimeo.com/15173515

I had the "pleasure" of serving with that unit for an extremely short time of around a month. except learning "Durak", i also learnt that they are a brutal and highly skilled soldiers that even got better after getting some of the israeli training.

I suspected these guys would somehow find their way to ukraine, but to actually help the ukrainians side, not the rebels side.  :o
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:19:33 pm by burningpet »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: August 26, 2014, 11:51:59 am »

They do give shits, but their attention gets taken off these matters by turkey.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: August 26, 2014, 11:53:06 am »

goddamnit erdogan, first keeping quiet about the kurds then silencing people speaking up about native americans Kappa
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:55:03 am by LordSlowpoke »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: August 26, 2014, 12:29:38 pm »

I suspected these guys would somehow find their way to ukraine, but to actually help the ukrainians side, not the rebels side.  :o
I find nothing strange that former soldiers of Soviet army going to join Russian side, especially considering quite effective "right wing neo-nazi junta" propaganda that Russia uses

Also, I will not get surprised if soldiers of that unit will find themselves on different sides of the front

What I doubt  is that as much as 200 will join rebels' ranks, I think it is one of pieces of morale boosting propaganda - "we'll get many kick-ass guys from Israel real soon"

BTW, burningpet, Do you have any laws against Israeli citizens participating in some war abroad as mercenaries\volunteers?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: August 26, 2014, 12:59:54 pm »

I would guess the United States vs Native Americans, especially the 19th century. But that wouldn't be the only example, just the first one that comes to mind.

Russia. I think he was referring to Russia.

BTW, burningpet, Do you have any laws against Israeli citizens participating in some war abroad as mercenaries\volunteers?
Don't know what Bay12 guidelines say about trying to recruit forum members as mercenaries.  ;)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: August 26, 2014, 01:11:08 pm »

No doubt they wont get 200 guys, because from what i can tell, they had less than 50 actual combat active guys in that unit to begin with. (i knew of only around 10 of them, but maybe they had other units in other regions)

I see ukrainian flags hanged from windows in israel and hardly any russian flags so i assumed most israelis "side' with ukraine.

I actually never looked into the legality of this and a quick search revealed nothing, i suspect there are no laws regarding this if the organization is not hostile to israel. (there are israeli arabs that went to fight for the syrian secular rebels and i believe they were not persecuted, while there were few israeli arabs that went fighting for the islamic organizations against assad and were arrested).

Don't know what Bay12 guidelines say about trying to recruit forum members as mercenaries.  ;)

I am a very poor soldier. if he wish for ukraine victory, he should try to recruit me for the russian rebels.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: August 26, 2014, 01:31:00 pm »

I haven't heard about Israeli volunteers in Ukrainian forces, but I do know that Israeli instructors are here. Friend of mine was trained by one.

Another Israeli influence in Ukrainian war: TAR-21. To be more precise: Ukraine-produced licensed  version of Tavor assault Rifle that uses 5.45*39mm round. Sadly very few units are lucky enough to get them over AK-74. I hope it will become way more common sooner than later
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:35:57 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: August 26, 2014, 02:03:02 pm »

You should think about getting stronger artillery. It's artillery that inflicts 60% casualties in war, not personal arms.
._.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9659 on: August 26, 2014, 02:10:41 pm »

You should think about getting stronger artillery. It's artillery that inflicts 60% casualties in war, not personal arms.
Is that really the case? What counts as artillery? Planes & such?
Am interested in citation, (not confrontationally).
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1393