Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748152 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #9135 on: August 14, 2014, 01:13:14 pm »

Bomb it and any Russian forces near the border. Russia deserves no leniency. Who told me I was wrong for saying this was just an invasion convoy, again? Good thing Europe and especially Europeans are so willing to roll over for Russia. This is how you got the third reich, by having zero backbone.

Just waiting for the next excuse from the apologists. Russia is really just in a hurry to help those civilians in DSR, not rushing their special forces and weaponry there to murder more people. No sir.

Yeah. I might be a bit bitter. Shame the USA will be the one rescuing Europe from the after effects of this. Willingly ignoring your bretheren's sovereignty should really make Russia not want to invade further nations for shits and giggles. It's called precedent and Europe has shown it is not willing to defend itself against this nubile USSR.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:24:03 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: August 14, 2014, 01:40:56 pm »

Nah, let Europe have some reprieve from our imperialist fascism, like they've always wanted. I'm sure they'll be happier without us.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: August 14, 2014, 02:06:17 pm »

Stuff's going on in Ukraine.

Spoiler: Let's play Bingo (click to show/hide)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: August 14, 2014, 02:13:45 pm »

greatorder, I totally agreed with you before that Mictlantecuhtli was way to gun ho to blow the convoy up. And that caution and dealing would need to be done. But if that article that was linked too earlier was correct, in that Russia broke their agreement to have it checked out and are just totally lying about being red cross and have started ignoring Ukraine to move to a rebel held area with the supplies.

Isn't that the due caution and effort to deal with Russia given? The cautious track was taken, and it's become clear that Russia is at least dealing specifically to harm Ukraine no matter what is on those trucks. With caution failed isn't it time to move to the next step?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: August 14, 2014, 02:28:28 pm »

Meanwhile:

Crude Oil (Brent)   $101.95   -2.33   -2.23%   Sep 14   14:29:59

Dear Middle east, please stop all wars. I want even lower oil prices to see fun effects over Russian economy. Can you, Middle East?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9140 on: August 14, 2014, 02:35:18 pm »

Misuse of these emblems is prohibited by international law. Misuse may diminish their protective value and undermine the effectiveness of humanitarian workers. Use of one of the emblems in order to protect combatants and military equipment with the intent of misleading an adversary, perfidy, is considered a war crime.

PERFIDY
The use of the distinctive emblem during an armed conflict in order to protect combatants and military equipment and with
intent to mislead the adversary. Perfidious use of the emblem, when causing death or serious personal injury, is considered a war crime.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:47:38 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: August 14, 2014, 02:38:44 pm »

Bomb it and any Russian forces near the border. Russia deserves no leniency. Who told me I was wrong for saying this was just an invasion convoy, again? Good thing Europe and especially Europeans are so willing to roll over for Russia. This is how you got the third reich, by having zero backbone.

Just waiting for the next excuse from the apologists. Russia is really just in a hurry to help those civilians in DSR, not rushing their special forces and weaponry there to murder more people. No sir.

Yeah. I might be a bit bitter. Shame the USA will be the one rescuing Europe from the after effects of this. Willingly ignoring your bretheren's sovereignty should really make Russia not want to invade further nations for shits and giggles. It's called precedent and Europe has shown it is not willing to defend itself against this nubile USSR.

I think Mict wants war.

I wonder how these attitudes would change if a million of Americans were to die in the hypothetical war with Russia? Would Mict still be as gun ho as he's now, or would he realize then that GASP war is bad?
._.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: August 14, 2014, 02:53:56 pm »

I think Mict wants war.

I wonder how these attitudes would change if a million of Americans were to die in the hypothetical war with Russia? Would Mict still be as gun ho as he's now, or would he realize then that GASP war is bad?

Russia is worse. Much, much worse. Every sane person prefers having war to having Russia.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: August 14, 2014, 02:56:36 pm »

Russia is worse. Much, much worse. Every sane person prefers having war to having Russia.

EDIT: nevermind
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:08:08 pm by Sergarr »
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: August 14, 2014, 03:04:58 pm »

i dunno, russian gangsters appeal to me more than their american counterparts

that is, i'd rather have neither stomping me about, but if i have no choice? i'll take the predictable ones any day of the week

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: August 14, 2014, 03:17:23 pm »

I think Mict wants war.

Today I learned that this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

is much more preferable to this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and preferring the second option is apparently insanity, because every sane person approves the first option.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:21:03 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: August 14, 2014, 03:18:13 pm »

You know Omsk is part of Russia right?

War > Omsk.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: August 14, 2014, 03:19:15 pm »

You know Omsk is part of Russia right?

War > Omsk.

don't knock it till you tried it

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: August 14, 2014, 03:21:43 pm »

I notice the town in the far north called Dickson. I wonder how that one ended up with an english name?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: August 14, 2014, 03:23:38 pm »

named after a swedish merchant, apparently

must be an old map, they cut the c out of the name now for obvious reasons
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1393