Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748457 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8985 on: August 11, 2014, 02:06:56 pm »

I like how nothing you just said has anything to do with reality, except "Some monument dun got bloooowed up" :V
The hell you on about? It is reality, monuments of WWII and statues of Lenin have been getting smashed since the protests started

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: August 11, 2014, 02:08:48 pm »

Nope. Only statues of Lenin. No one touched WW2 monuments (IIRC there was one or two cases of dealing with NKVD related monuments but that is little different)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: August 11, 2014, 02:10:22 pm »

I like how nothing you just said has anything to do with reality, except "Some monument dun got bloooowed up" :V
The hell you on about? It is reality, monuments of WWII and statues of Lenin have been getting smashed since the protests started
I think Descan meant the "soviet vs. nazi" part, not the statue, what with all that nazi/soviet thrown around in propaganda...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: August 11, 2014, 02:13:15 pm »

Nope. Only statues of Lenin. No one touched WW2 monuments (IIRC there was one or two cases of dealing with NKVD related monuments but that is little different)

This one is, and it looks like someone used it for target practice.

The memorial complex at Saur-Mogila, heavily damaged by fighting between DNR and Ukrainian forces.
In 1943, Soviets fought the Nazis at Saur-Mogila. Who could have known back then that 71 years into the future Saur-Mogila would see fierce fighting once again. Ironically, the "Soviets" are fighting the "Nazis" once again.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: August 11, 2014, 02:16:01 pm »

There was several days of heavy fighting over that hill with many-many shells, rockets and even a tactical ballistic missile falling in that area . I would be surprised if monument survived
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: August 11, 2014, 02:16:57 pm »

I think Descan meant the "soviet vs. nazi" part, not the statue, what with all that nazi/soviet thrown around in propaganda...
This article seems to be kinda semi related.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: August 11, 2014, 02:36:18 pm »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: August 11, 2014, 02:38:29 pm »

Wasn't that a war tribute? Totally different thing.
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: August 11, 2014, 02:40:03 pm »

There were soldiers in that horse.

Fitting comparison with Russian aid, I can only assume :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: August 11, 2014, 02:40:30 pm »

That wasn't 'humanitarian aid', that was tricking the Trojans into thinking that the Greeks were giving them a truce gift.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: August 11, 2014, 02:47:37 pm »

Even if Russia decides to step in under the guise of a humanitarian mission, they won't be able to turn the tide of the war without serious air support, which is pretty hard to hide or justify. A few trucks full of weapons won't allow the DNR to magically break the sieges of Donetsk and Lugansk and march on Kiev.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:51:24 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: August 11, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »

That kind of humanitarian aid worked in 1993 when Russia supplied Abkhazia
They didn't take Tbilisi, but managed to create de-facto Russian territory. Same goal here.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:05:50 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: August 11, 2014, 02:56:34 pm »

I still think that they should do a joint US-EU-Russia humanitarian aid mission, which will keep Russia in check and also have Russia keep us in check.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: August 11, 2014, 03:10:59 pm »

Send in the Swiss.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: August 11, 2014, 03:14:50 pm »

Meh, Russia will probably just go 'NONONONO!, NO EUROPEANS/NATO/WESTERN COUNTRIES!'. I mean, they banned Norwegian fish and they aren't even in the EU. Though Norway is in NATO.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:16:35 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1393