Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748466 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8955 on: August 10, 2014, 03:18:50 pm »

I admit that I've also been guilty of proliferation of this derail, but you apparently don't even see that this is a derail.

I thought your intent was to compare and contrast the US and Russia?  I mean why else would attack the US over and over again?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:22:11 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: August 10, 2014, 03:24:04 pm »

Nah, he wanted to compare the west and Russia.

Which ended up being US and Russia because Europe can not into independent foreign policy.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: August 10, 2014, 03:27:22 pm »

Or domestic policy.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8958 on: August 10, 2014, 03:55:56 pm »

But they can manage apples!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: August 10, 2014, 04:19:16 pm »

I was thinkin' more along the lines of "It's a bunch of countries bound together with spit and duct-tape" so there's no real consistent internal policy besides fucking over Britain or Sweden or France or what-ever country you happen to live in.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: August 10, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »

I was thinkin' more along the lines of "It's a bunch of countries bound together with spit and duct-tape" so there's no real consistent internal policy besides fucking over Britain or Sweden or France or what-ever country you happen to live in.
And futile attempts to standardize quality standards, so that class-A product from country A doesn't become class-D product in country B, that only manage to produce yet another compiting standard that nobody actually uses or cares about. That and sinking billions into improving trade and travel routes, both inside EU and to neighbouring countries, including our beloved eastern neighbour who is convinced that we never do anything for them.
Spit and duct-tape is good way of putting it. EU is gigantic, wastefull and (mostly) useless expression of solidarity that tries to convince everyone listening that it serves some other greater purpose, whatever that might be.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: August 10, 2014, 04:47:50 pm »

There's also the thing that there are no atheists in Congress. At all. Out of 500+ people, no atheists.

As to the mainiac's question, I hasn't participated in any protests against Putin, or any protests at all, since I believe them to be either a) pointless, since they do not offer any constructive options and b) actively harmful, if they try to support some member of opposition like this guy, who have shown themselves to be actively harmful to my country.

I haven't seen any constructive opposition in our which has also opposed Putin.

So... you never object to anything that Putin does and considers dissent to be harmful to the nation.  Gotcha.  Perhaps you would like to talk some more about how it's Americans who are sheep looking for war and Russians never believe any propaganda?

I have discussed the flaws of the American first past the post system many times but this seems to rather be saying the opposite of what you want.  You were just complaining that minorities in America have too much representation.  Now you are saying they have too little.

Dude, don't put words in his mouth. Not protesting against something doesn't mean you agree with it, and he's not talking about dissent itself but rather lack of viable political alternatives.

Also it's possible that certain minorities have too much representation while other minorities too little. You can't just lump them together into one group.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: August 11, 2014, 08:02:14 am »

Had a chat with an Azerbaijani nationalist (and a lieutenant of Azerbaijani army)

He is deadly sure that war with Armenia Russia is a matter of months. At least it is what their army is preparing for. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: August 11, 2014, 08:27:34 am »

Dude, don't put words in his mouth. Not protesting against something doesn't mean you agree with it, and he's not talking about dissent itself but rather lack of viable political alternatives.

Funny you didn't say that when he painted a much less honest strawman on me.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:02 am »

That's because you pointed it out then, maniac. Or at least that's why I didn't post about it. Point still remains though.
Love, scriver~

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: August 11, 2014, 08:54:23 am »

And futile attempts to standardize quality standards, so that class-A product from country A doesn't become class-D product in country B, that only manage to produce yet another compiting standard that nobody actually uses or cares about. That and sinking billions into improving trade and travel routes, both inside EU and to neighbouring countries, including our beloved eastern neighbour who is convinced that we never do anything for them.
Spit and duct-tape is good way of putting it. EU is gigantic, wastefull and (mostly) useless expression of solidarity that tries to convince everyone listening that it serves some other greater purpose, whatever that might be.
I for one, am happy with the Common external power supply

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: August 11, 2014, 09:46:15 am »

But you still need a region specific power adapter, the horror!!.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: August 11, 2014, 10:28:45 am »

The memorial complex at Saur-Mogila, heavily damaged by fighting between DNR and Ukrainian forces.
In 1943, Soviets fought the Nazis at Saur-Mogila. Who could have known back then that 71 years into the future Saur-Mogila would see fierce fighting once again. Ironically, the "Soviets" are fighting the "Nazis" once again.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:39:54 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: August 11, 2014, 10:50:25 am »

I like how nothing you just said has anything to do with reality, except "Some monument dun got bloooowed up" :V

* Descan hides in his flame-proof bunker.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: August 11, 2014, 10:53:19 am »

Minus one piece of ugly soviet architecture....

So. Russia sends "aid convoy" War is in the air
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1393