Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749151 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8866 on: August 08, 2014, 02:40:25 pm »

I'm like 30% sure they were recently infiltrated by Russian spec ops who are now preparing to attack Rada as we speak...
That's what the democratic Ukrainian media actually reported once.

(for those who doesn't know Ukrainian, in that video Ukrainian Interior Minister Avakov calls the current Maidan camp "an FSB project")

What is FSB?

Pretty much the modern name for KGB.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8867 on: August 08, 2014, 06:56:45 pm »

« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:58:54 pm by Dutchling »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: August 08, 2014, 07:07:59 pm »

Lol
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: August 08, 2014, 07:48:45 pm »

Ahhh Poland balls, frequently hilarious, if not rampantly racist at times.
I just read a story yesterday that Russia was halting use of ukrainian pipelines for supplying western countriesso it seems that the idea is mutual, Russia plans on using alternative means for supplying Latvia, Czechoslovakia, and a handful of other countries.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8870 on: August 08, 2014, 09:08:58 pm »

our PM never said a word about cutting natural gas transit. He said that we are considering to block transit of some Russian goods through Ukraine. That may or may not include natural gas pipelines

Isn't it cute?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:11:07 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8871 on: August 08, 2014, 09:31:45 pm »

My prediction RE:Scottish independence referendum with about 5 weeks to go based on recent polling analysis and campaign performance - we will most certainly lose unless a miracle happens. Most likely we are going to lose because the miracle is nowhere in sight; I have no idea what that could be to shift the polls in our favour. A few weeks ago things were still possible - we had 2 months to go, we had a decent base in the polls, we had some nice events coming up that could act as springboards to give us just enough momentum to narrowly take it. We failed completely.

So yes, barring the second coming of Christ as some kind of Nationalist political prodigy we are going to lose. Thereafter the SNP government will most likely go into serious discussion with the other parties to deliver more powers for Scotland (a grim consolation prize if there ever was one), with the SNP demanding the most, Labour demanding the least and the Conservatives demanding somewhere in between. Some fatuous drivel about "devo-max" will be thrown around and people will talk about a Federal Britain, but it won't come to anything meaningful (there is no political drive behind it anymore) and we'll get more Tory governments with different coloured ties for decades.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:49:47 pm by Owlbread »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: August 08, 2014, 09:33:10 pm »

Whilst I will be saddened by the loss of your dream if that happens, Owlbread, I hope that is what happens.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8873 on: August 08, 2014, 09:40:12 pm »

Whilst I will be saddened by the loss of your dream if that happens, Owlbread, I hope that is what happens.

Of course you do, you don't need to tell me that.

I was waiting until about now to judge whether I should make an event-centric Scottish independence referendum thread in the run up to the referendum - however this next period is going to be pretty depressing (I can smell it in the air) while the Unionist media bias goes into overdrive and MI5 crank up the dirty tricks. It's already started. But yes, it's much too depressing for me now. If someone else interested enough in the topic wishes to create the thread, by all means please do.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:45:52 pm by Owlbread »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: August 08, 2014, 09:46:41 pm »

Well, now I feel bad for saying that. I wasn't trying to gloat, I am sincerely sorry.

I can only imagine how I would feel if we were voted into Eire.

Also, either way, it may still be bad for me.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:58:00 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: August 09, 2014, 06:17:33 am »

I'm not surprised as the rebels were losing for the last few weeks, The situation in Kiev is worrying however.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: August 09, 2014, 06:29:29 am »

Nothing to worry about. Residents of Kiev clearing the center of city from guys who pretend to be protesters. Why  I think it is pretending? Because they have neither popular support, nor support of any notable political group
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: August 09, 2014, 06:31:05 am »

* LordSlowpoke rolls eyes

neither did the first maidan at first...

if you got a dictator to bail house by protesting it's kind of hypocritical to turn around and say "well you're not legitimate protesters go away"

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: August 09, 2014, 06:47:34 am »

So, you think now any group can settle in the center of a city just because they call they call themselves protesters? Really?

And real maydan had both political and popular support from day one

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:49:32 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 1393