Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749158 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8850 on: August 08, 2014, 08:04:52 am »

Isn't it actually incredibly hard if not impossible to get a nuclear reactor to do an actual explosion on par with nuclear weapons?

IIRC, it can create an explosions that's pretty small, and that's it. Alongside the massive radiation leakage, too, I guess...

Yeah, there are structures in a reactor designed to make the nuclear reaction far, far slower and less energetic than an unrestricted wildcat chain fission reaction. The danger comes more from the spread of fine particulate matter that is radioactive in the event of an explosion a la Chernobyl rather than a city busting boom leaving a smoking crater behind.
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: August 08, 2014, 08:32:24 am »

It's impossible to get a nuclear bomb explosion out of a Nuclear reactor. The enrichment of the material is simply not high enough, meaning that you can't get a sufficient amount of energy released in a short enough timeframe.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: August 08, 2014, 09:01:12 am »

To make a most simple atomic explosion, you need to accelerate two half-spheres made out of U-235 into each other at the speed of 5 km/s. Yeah, that's why nuclear explosions cannot just happen by themselves.

Also: Maidan people apparently have explosives at hand. I wonder who gave them it...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:34:39 am by Sergarr »
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: August 08, 2014, 09:50:07 am »

Looks like Russian propaganda pays a lot of attention to that group who call themselves Maidan activists and have close to zero relation to winter Maidan

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: August 08, 2014, 10:39:50 am »

I'm like 30% sure they were recently infiltrated by Russian spec ops who are now preparing to attack Rada as we speak...
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: August 08, 2014, 10:50:53 am »

I'm like 30% sure they were recently infiltrated by Russian spec ops who are now preparing to attack Rada as we speak...
That's what the democratic Ukrainian media actually reported once.

(for those who doesn't know Ukrainian, in that video Ukrainian Interior Minister Avakov calls the current Maidan camp "an FSB project")
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: August 08, 2014, 10:55:49 am »

If that's the case, then the fact they were unable to push them off the Maidan tells us that the situation there is not under Ukrainian control.
That explosive was definitely not the last one.
It'd be fitting for a government created in a coup to be defeated by another coup.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: August 08, 2014, 10:57:40 am »

well, it's not like ranger wasn't saying something along the lines of the current government being far too soft and requiring replacement

guess that's a more popular opinion now

except now if you want to do that you're russian as hell

vOv

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: August 08, 2014, 11:00:26 am »

(for those who doesn't know Ukrainian, in that video Ukrainian Interior Minister Avakov calls the current Maidan camp "an FSB project")

What is FSB?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: August 08, 2014, 11:02:38 am »

What is FSB?
Federal Security Bureau.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: August 08, 2014, 11:02:55 am »

If that's the case, then the fact they were unable to push them off the Maidan tells us that the situation there is not under Ukrainian control.
It'd be fitting for a government created in a coup to be defeated by another coup.
Vesti.ua, the only relatively neutral Ukrainian news site I know, claims that the explosion was caused by a hand grenade. The perpetrator was arrested by local police.
It probably has to do something with the fact that a lot of weapons were seized by Maidan supporters back in February.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:04:58 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: August 08, 2014, 11:09:17 am »

so, nobody cared for at least several months that right next to the key governmental buildings sits a group of unknown people who apparently have hand grenades?

Where was SBU watching?
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: August 08, 2014, 11:10:27 am »

You see, new Ukrainian government doesn't use methods of the old government. Bringing guys with assault rifles and opening fire would "solve" the problem easily. Luckily we have a different country, now. What worries me: Guys from Life News and RT are spotted, so bloody provocations are very likely

Who are that guys? A very weird mix of various groups... ranging from homeless who live here (why not? Free food) to some very suspicious persons that indeed may be Russian agents.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:18:31 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: August 08, 2014, 11:13:05 am »

I don't really get your usage of the word walrus here, and YES I know what a walrus is.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: August 08, 2014, 11:19:21 am »

I don't know why I used it either :D Sleep deprivation does strange things
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1393