Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749287 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8775 on: August 06, 2014, 02:52:45 pm »

Back to Russian sanctions on Russia....
I have found that they import something like 40% of food consumed at domestic market. Some of that comes not from EU\North America\Japan\Australia still that looks like a large chunk of the market.

Different areas of Russia will be influenced differently. In some regions imports may be close to 0%. In some regions it is real high. For example Kaliningrad gets most of its food from EU countries.

And yep, Belarus should be rather happy here
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: August 06, 2014, 07:43:18 pm »

Maybe we should try a Berlinesque blockade of Kaliningrad. Just to see what happens.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: August 06, 2014, 07:56:49 pm »

Maybe we should try a Berlinesque blockade of Kaliningrad. Just to see what happens.

They could supply them by water but otherwise it would be hilarious.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: August 06, 2014, 10:24:28 pm »

I want to see German speaking spontaneously appeared self defense units armed with Leopards 2. Everything else is half-measures :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: August 06, 2014, 10:33:15 pm »

They could supply them by water but otherwise it would be hilarious.
What, are you going to build a giant wall around Kaliningrad, too? To add in even more hilarity.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:37:37 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: August 06, 2014, 10:42:05 pm »

No, just a short little barbed-wire fence. More a symbolic gesture than a real deterrent against travel.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: August 06, 2014, 10:51:02 pm »

Russia can always import food from china, it'll be more expensive though, you can't just go buying all your food from a first world country!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: August 06, 2014, 11:51:44 pm »

Free hint for Russian propagandists. Use this:

NATO soldiers are in Ukraine

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: August 07, 2014, 12:04:28 am »

One American volunteer? OMG nato invasion! get the nukes, awaken zombie lenin and cyborg stalin!
You're not doing it right UR
Glorius Russian Peoples Economic Victory in Crimea
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:32:43 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: August 07, 2014, 12:54:00 am »

Russian police refused to allow female football fans into stadium unless they stripped completely naked
Russia never ceases to surprise me with a new level of disrespect to human dignity

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: August 07, 2014, 01:11:55 am »

Should say Tatarstan cops, unless they specifically imported Russian police for this, I'm sure they would have had volunteers.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: August 07, 2014, 02:01:41 am »

Glorius Russian Peoples Economic Victory in Crimea

"Who are Russia's neighbours?
Whoever Russia chooses."
It's really amazing how quickly people can go from openly supporting one side, to being threatened and/or converted to a completely opposite point of view. "Russia cares about old people". Yeah, right.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: August 07, 2014, 02:10:06 am »

She said that because of the higher pensions, especially for retired former sailors.
Crimea is pretty divided as to loyalties because of it's history, I'm pretty sure in cases like that it's best for everyone is they have complete independence, since joining Russia or Ukraine would still result in half the population feeling unhappy and hostile. The areas to the east might be a similar case.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: August 07, 2014, 03:24:09 am »

no country should have to rely on food imports to get by, such a situation invariably leads to famine when harvests half across the globe fuck up for random reasons

Autarky, yaaay!

Except oh shit, it doesn't work all that well.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: August 07, 2014, 03:53:13 am »

yes, obviously agricultural independence means we should produce literally everything locally like wow that's amazing

if it wasn't so important then why is the eu throwing lodsemone into subsidies to keep that going, just to be dicks to some random africans who want to export wheat while their own country isn't exactly fed well?
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1393