Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748304 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8595 on: August 03, 2014, 03:01:33 pm »

Sadly I agree with herr goering, but I don't agree that it's inevitable.
As an aside, that article UKRanger linked, third poster down.
Siberia...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seriously Siberia? You really want to give 'that' to Putin? Get a room.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: August 03, 2014, 03:04:14 pm »

Central Russia is called Central because it was the forming place of Russia. You know, I could ask you why Central England is in South East of the British Isles...
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: August 03, 2014, 03:07:30 pm »

Central Russia is called Central because it was the forming place of Russia. You know, I could ask you why Central England is in South East of the British Isles...

Central England is not in the South East of the British Isles. The South East of England is in the South East of England. We call the middle of England "the Midlands", which is the closest thing England has to a centre. In Scotland "Central Scotland" either means the Central Belt, a thin point in the lower-middle where Glasgow/Edinburgh etc are, or my county which is in the geographical centre.

It doesn't matter if Russia was historically formed in West Russia, it's geographically Western and European and in order for Russia to reform properly it should be called such. Perhaps I should have called it "European Russia", but I thought Western was pretty unambiguous.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:12:40 pm by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: August 03, 2014, 03:11:09 pm »

Reform... properly... into what, exactly? Into what Russ was? A bunch of little kingdoms fighting each other constantly?

EDIT: Also, much of Russian population lives in Western Russia.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:15:51 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: August 03, 2014, 03:14:02 pm »

Reform... properly... into what, exactly? Into what Russ was? A bunch of little kingdoms fighting each other constantly?

A Federation. A proper one like most countries should be, rather than the unitary state in disguise that it currently is. Russia is the biggest country in the world, over-Centralisation will not work in the long run. My personal preference is the division of Russia (and most states in the world, such as India, China etc) into nation states but I think Federalism should be a goal most people can get behind.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:15:39 pm by Owlbread »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: August 03, 2014, 03:14:42 pm »

Hard to believe that countries not united by a single tyrant can't coexist?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: August 03, 2014, 03:15:26 pm »

what is yugoslavia

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: August 03, 2014, 03:16:13 pm »

what is yugoslavia

What is Europe? Anyway, I think the world is much better off without Yugoslavia.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: August 03, 2014, 03:18:03 pm »

what is yugoslavia

What is Europe? Anyway, I think the world is much better off without Yugoslavia.

still, it's a more or less perfect example of countries which coexisted only because there was a tyrant oppressing everyone equally

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: August 03, 2014, 03:19:29 pm »

Dividing Russia? Not on my watch. Last time that happened, we got conquered and vassaled by Mongols for 300+ years, which, I can tell you, was not good.
._.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: August 03, 2014, 03:21:21 pm »

still, it's a more or less perfect example of countries which coexisted only because there was a tyrant oppressing everyone equally

And look at how successful that was. There are ways of Russia dividing into constituent nations though that do not need to involve ethnic cleansing and violence. That would only happen if the Russian government tried to stop the division from happening. The safest way to do it is to cooperate, as happened for the most part during the collapse of the USSR. Notice - when countries were allowed by Russia to become independent things went by without much bloodshed, "much" being the keyword. When Russia tried to stop Chechnya from becoming independent, thousands and thousands of Russians were killed and the Russian nation was traumatised. Let's not even go there with how the Chechens were after that of course.

But anyway, such talk tends to go down like a cup of cold vomit with many Russians so federalism is a more constructive topic, hence why I discuss it.

Hard to believe a good life is possible without a single tyrant ruling everything, seemingly.

Dividing Russia? Not on my watch. Last time that happened, we got conquered and vassaled by Mongols for 300+ years, which, I can tell you, was not good.

And where are the Mongols now?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:26:11 pm by Owlbread »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: August 03, 2014, 03:23:54 pm »

Mongolia?
This is a blank sig.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: August 03, 2014, 03:25:16 pm »

And in the very end, the Mongols were chased out and the leftover states were conquered.
However, there is no animosity towards Mongolia in Russia, probably because there hasn't been any wars between them since. Maybe if the Western powers didn't repeatedly start wars against Russia, there wouldn't be any animosity between Russia and the West right now.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: August 03, 2014, 03:25:40 pm »

*Facepalms*
I see. You are afraid that Mongolia will do that trick again. And you need Pitin to not see that happen

PS. Russia was never vassalized by Mongols, Russia was created by Peter the Great few centuries after Mongolian empire ceased to exist

PPS. If you talk about Muscovy, you were vassalized by Tatars  (Golden Horde) not by Mongols
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: August 03, 2014, 03:27:11 pm »

And in the very end, the Mongols were chased out and the leftover states were conquered.
However, there are no animosity towards Mongolia in Russia, probably because there hasn't been any wars between them since. Maybe if the Western powers didn't repeatedly start wars against Russia, there wouldn't be any animosity between Russia and the West right now.

Maybe if people didn't lap up the tripe pro-Kremlin newspapers and media outlets are force feeding them there wouldn't be any animosity between Russia and the West right now.
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 1393