Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743512 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8280 on: July 28, 2014, 12:24:59 am »

Those are pretty fabulous rug things, though. Putin should hire whoever made them as his official rugmaker.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: July 28, 2014, 12:33:17 am »

I agree, proper rugs don't get enough love over here in the west.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: July 28, 2014, 12:37:57 am »

The reason why they're all in the street is because there's only four mosques in the whole of Moscow to cater to the city's Muslim population which currently stands at 2 million. The Russian Council of Muftis say that Moscow needs at least eight.

Of course, the Mayor of Moscow says four is "quite enough for now" because the majority of the Muslims are migrant workers and are thus considered "outsiders". He said a lot of things.

One example was this gem:

Quote from: Sergei Sobyanin
Muscovites are becoming irritated by people who speak a different language, have different customs, and display aggressive behavior. This is not a purely ethnic issue, but it is connected with some ethnic characteristics,"

Is it now? So Muslim ethnic minorities in Moscow are marked by their innate ethnic propensity to aggression? Can you imagine if the Mayor of New York talked about how black people are innately aggressive? God forbid the Mayor of London?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:48:20 am by Owlbread »

Beznogim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: July 28, 2014, 03:22:52 am »

Is it now? So Muslim ethnic minorities in Moscow are marked by their innate ethnic propensity to aggression? Can you imagine if the Mayor of New York talked about how black people are innately aggressive? God forbid the Mayor of London?

In Russian the phrase is "Это не чисто национальное, но напрямую связано с какими-то национальными признаками".
He actually used the term "national" instead of "ethnical", implying it is a cultural trait of an ethnos. Not innate, but acquired through upbringing.
От БЕЗНОГNМ станет всем ДОСМОТ,
От БЕЗНОГNМ V1 o5 u2,
НЕ ПЫТАЙТЕСБ ЧТОТ0 NЗМЕНИТЬ!
Просмотревших людей сойдут с ума!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: July 28, 2014, 04:26:35 am »

Culture is a part of ethnicity. Lots of people seem to not know that.

Beznogim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: July 28, 2014, 05:30:30 am »

Culture is a part of ethnicity. Lots of people seem to not know that.

Imagine someone claiming that his culture, sacred traditions of his people, whatever etc. allow him to resort to cannibalism, for example. You object to that, and the so-called "civilized society" then brands you as not tolerant enough.

From objective standpoint of view, some cultural features are bad and harmful, and thus need to be rectified. Because the will of majority is preferable to whims of marginal groups.
От БЕЗНОГNМ V1 o5 u2,

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: July 28, 2014, 05:57:21 am »

Indeed. For example: Russian homophobia and racism.
Love, scriver~

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: July 28, 2014, 06:04:55 am »

*claps*
This is a blank sig.

Beznogim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: July 28, 2014, 06:44:10 am »

Search for homophobia in places like Saudi Arabia, where you can be killed for it. But oh wait, Saudi Arabia is a close friend of the West! Yeah, let's blame Russia instead, because it forbade a downright propaganda of it, because people here don't like the idea of parades of gloating demonstrative half-naked ass-clowns, marching as if to symbolize their victory and privilegous position over normal people.
Generally, people do not care about the private stuff that other people do, but most people hate the attention-craving narcissistic "I am X! Respect me for that!"-kind of attitude. You do not respect or despise a person for wearing sunglasses, for example - but you surely despise the person that demands your respect for him wearing sunglasses.

As for racism - here is none. You could mistreat a person for his values and behavior, but mistreating for skin color and eye shape is almost unheard of.
От БЕЗНОГNМ V1 o5 u2,

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: July 28, 2014, 06:54:52 am »

As for racism - here is none. You could mistreat a person for his values and behavior, but mistreating for skin color and eye shape is almost unheard of.
You are speaking about the country were MP posts racists pics with Obama in her twitter...

Russians Soviets live in some kind of parallel reality

Edit:
As for Homophobia... Soviets have unique kind of it. Fucking another man is absolutely acceptable by Soviet morals. Being fucked, even if raped is unacceptable. In fact a man is not a human being after that. That comes from prison morale  that infected the whole society

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:01:18 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: July 28, 2014, 07:01:33 am »

There is quite a lot of irony involved in a post claiming that Russia has no homophobia when the post itself is full of homophobic terms.
This is a blank sig.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: July 28, 2014, 07:02:41 am »

Fucking another man is absolutely acceptable by Soviet morals.
no

just no
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: July 28, 2014, 07:08:46 am »

Fucking another man is absolutely acceptable by Soviet morals.
no

just no

I am not saying that active homosexuality is encouraged or glorified. It is acceptable . Passive is not acceptable. Passive gay is not a human. Same goes for a straight man that was raped. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:14:46 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: July 28, 2014, 07:59:08 am »

Please tell me you're joking.

I am not saying that active homosexuality is encouraged or glorified. It is acceptable . Passive is not acceptable. Passive gay is not a human. Same goes for a straight man that was raped.

Before people eviscerate Ukrainian Ranger, I think there are some translation issues here. He is saying that in Russia, rather like a number of Arab countries, it is considered socially acceptable to be a "top". If you're a "bottom" however you are not considered human; that goes for the male victims of rape also. He compares it to how it is in prison, suggesting that a "prison-like mentality" has infected the whole country.

I don't know much about this but from what I've seen the most abused LGBT people in Russia seem to be effeminate or apparently "bottoms".
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:09:50 am by Owlbread »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: July 28, 2014, 08:10:50 am »

No, probably not. Or at least Bez doesn't think they are. We had pretty much this exact line spouted in one of the other threads that burnt down.

My guess? Incredible lack of self-awareness. I've heard "I'm not racist, I just don't like certain behaviors" coming out of the mouths of incredibly racist individuals trying to excuse the behavior. Or genuinely believing it because they've deluded themselves into thinking vicious racist behavior, isn't. Drink the kool-aid long enough and it becomes your blood, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 1393