Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743625 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8235 on: July 27, 2014, 06:32:11 am »

Baltic states are in NATO and are very anti-Russian. Conquering them would only give us problems. So no, not very likely.

It doesn't matter if Latvia is in NATO. Do you think that if Ukraine joined NATO all of its problems with Eastern insurgents would go away?
Yes? If Ukraine was in NATO, they could have called to their allies to trample the insurgency. Superior air power and all that.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: July 27, 2014, 06:33:52 am »

Baltic states are in NATO and are very anti-Russian. Conquering them would only give us problems. So no, not very likely.

It doesn't matter if Latvia is in NATO. Do you think that if Ukraine joined NATO all of its problems with Eastern insurgents would go away?
With NATO backing, Ukrainian forces will simply crush anything that looks and sounds like a rebel without any fear of possible Russian retaliation.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: July 27, 2014, 06:49:14 am »

With NATO backing, Ukrainian forces will simply crush anything that looks and sounds like a rebel without any fear of possible Russian retaliation.

If NATO gives you the magical power of being able to "crush" rebels with foreign intervention and everything, have you thought about why Ukraine hasn't tried to join NATO as quickly as possible?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: July 27, 2014, 06:52:34 am »

If NATO gives you the magical power of being able to "crush" rebels with foreign intervention and everything, have you thought about why Ukraine hasn't tried to join NATO as quickly as possible?
...it has?
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: July 27, 2014, 06:58:22 am »

It all depends on NATO, but judging by the situation on the frontlines and the unfathomable scale of Russian aggression in Donbass, NATO involvement won't be needed. DNR and LNR will be crushed in about 2-3 weeks.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: July 27, 2014, 07:04:56 am »

...it has?

UR or somebody else may be able to back me up here but I distinctly remember the Ukrainian government saying they had no plans to join NATO any time soon.

It all depends on NATO, but judging by the situation on the frontlines and the unfathomable scale of Russian aggression in Donbass, NATO involvement won't be needed. DNR and LNR will be crushed in about 2-3 weeks.

So essentially NATO membership makes no difference. The only thing that would have gone differently was Crimea.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: July 27, 2014, 07:05:05 am »

Ukrainian government will be out of moneys in 1st of August if Yatsenyuk is to be believed.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: July 27, 2014, 07:06:59 am »

Why Putin didn't invade in March\April?

My opinion:
Because he had a different plan, not use regular forces but destabilize the situation in Ukraine and send supplies and soldiers to fuel the rebellion against Ukraine that had no working army expecting an easy creation of Novorossiya

But he failed. Odessa and Kharkiv managed to resist destabilization, Local Pro-Russians cowards offered little cannon fodder to Strelok and other Russian commanders. Ukrainian army reanimated itself real fast, thousands of volunteers formed National guard battalions... Ukraine fights way harder than he ever expected. Now we have a force to clear our country from his agents even with supplies + artillery and SAM support from Russian regular army

Now he can't just invade. Because Ukraine July 2014 is way more battle-ready than Ukraine march 2014. Back then he could take in Kiev in few days with few causalities, now that will be a  bloody war. Russia has stronger army but victory will cost many thousands of Russian soldiers unlike cakewalk in March

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: July 27, 2014, 07:09:15 am »

But now Ukraine is facing economical collapse.

Was it worth it?
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: July 27, 2014, 07:12:01 am »

Was it worth it?

Ukraine was facing potential economic collapse before all this began.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: July 27, 2014, 07:13:41 am »

Was it worth it?

Putin, Yanukovych, Strelok and Yatsenyuk are all asking themselves the same question. The only guy that isn't is the leader of Crimea who probably has his head in a barrel of cocaine right now.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: July 27, 2014, 07:18:18 am »

What it?
Throwing away the biggest leaches? Yes it was worth it. Country had only one way with them - Down
Defending our territory? Absolutely

Economical collapse... We shall see. We survived 1990s, doubt that this one will be worse.

Now I want to ask you Segarr, what Russia got by occupying Crimea and fueling the war in Eastern Ukraine?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: July 27, 2014, 08:01:18 am »

1) Secured Black Sea fleet base (the current government would have thrown them away no doubt)
2) Reputation boost for our Army (the polite people thing)
3) Sanctions hurt foreign assets of our oligarchs, which forces them to invest here.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: July 27, 2014, 08:14:46 am »

Just look at the amount of wars waged today in all regions of the world. Much higher than 10 years ago.

People always assume that this is the bloodiest point in human history.  Since the late Cold War, deaths from war have declined by about two thirds.  Deaths from war are a tiny percentage of what they were in the early 20th century.

If there was world peace and not one person died from war, people would be saying that never had tensions been so high and so much fear of conflict engulfed the world.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:16:40 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: July 27, 2014, 08:26:04 am »

Indeed, confirmation bias al the way. Yourbrain is perfectly capable of rewriting memories to fit your assumptions.
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 1393