Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744169 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8100 on: July 24, 2014, 10:16:28 am »

Heh. Ukrainian prime minister Jatsenjuk just resigned from his office, because he thinks that without support of the nationalist Svobodja party, and UDAR led by Viktor Klitsjko, the parliament is no longer able to pass any new laws.

I wonder what that means for the agreement that was signed such a short while ago, that it's ink is not even dry yet, between Ukrainian government and the Netherlands, allowing the Netherlands to take lead in a full scale investigation on Ukrainian soil.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: July 24, 2014, 10:28:31 am »

Heh. Ukrainian prime minister Jatsenjuk just resigned from his office, because he thinks that without support of the nationalist Svobodja party, and UDAR led by Viktor Klitsjko, the parliament is no longer able to pass any new laws.

I wonder what that means for the agreement that was signed such a short while ago, that it's ink is not even dry yet, between Ukrainian government and the Netherlands, allowing the Netherlands to take lead in a full scale investigation on Ukrainian soil.
It means not much. This dissolving of the coalition was agreed upon to have elections earlier, so that the government has more legitimacy.
The coalition did not break apart, they just wanted to have elections right away.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: July 24, 2014, 10:34:22 am »

Dutch is a part of NATO. Allowing "hundreds of Dutch soldiers" onto the country which is 1) not in NATO, 2) has a large land border with the main target opponent of NATO (Russia) and 3) wages a "civil war" right next to the area where they want to deploy is very much against our doctrine.

Hundreds of Dutch soldiers is probably more than neccesary, a company (which is what, 20?) or two should do the trick of securing the crash site.

The Dutch only want to secure the crash site so the investigators can do their thing, once that is done, they can leave.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: July 24, 2014, 10:52:43 am »

Dutch is a part of NATO. Allowing "hundreds of Dutch soldiers" onto the country which is 1) not in NATO, 2) has a large land border with the main target opponent of NATO (Russia) and 3) wages a "civil war" right next to the area where they want to deploy is very much against our doctrine.

Hundreds of Dutch soldiers is probably more than neccesary, a company (which is what, 20?) or two should do the trick of securing the crash site.

The Dutch only want to secure the crash site so the investigators can do their thing, once that is done, they can leave.

They need to defend themselves from possible rebel attacks. Also Dutch soldiers won't go raping your women, they are much more professional than drunk separatists or Russian conscripts.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: July 24, 2014, 10:53:15 am »

It's a prelude to invasion, got it.

Keep murdering Dutch people and you might just have a NATO intervention before you think.
I have read enough youtube and social networks Russian comments like - "European gays got what they deserved"
Netherlands in Russia is a Satan country, with like 100% of population being gays and gay is not a human being in that system of views that Russian propaganda builds

Also, I like Segarr's - Ukraine is Russian territory, don't dare to move your troops in. So typical
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: July 24, 2014, 10:58:15 am »

I actually remember some Russian talking how we have gays everywhere and everybody is gay and that zoo brothels are a booming business in Europe.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: July 24, 2014, 11:04:04 am »

Question to you guys:

Imagine, you are a rebel\insurgent and defend your home city against a hostile force. Will you go to a local prison, release more than a hundred of violent criminals and give them weapons before retreating?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: July 24, 2014, 11:05:23 am »

I actually remember some Russian talking how we have gays everywhere and everybody is gay and that zoo brothels are a booming business in Europe.
Well, yeah? It's not like we're trying to keep them secret or anything.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: July 24, 2014, 11:16:39 am »

Will the coalition's demise now lead to a parliamentary election in Ukraine? If so, who is most likely to win?

Question to you guys:

Imagine, you are a rebel\insurgent and defend your home city against a hostile force. Will you go to a local prison, release more than a hundred of violent criminals and give them weapons before retreating?

It depends on why the prisoners were imprisoned. If they were political prisoners I'd let them go - if they were violent criminals as you say I would not think of it because I'd actually care about how we live post-conflict. It is pretty standard practise for rebel groups and insurgents to do this though - it happened in the Yugoslav wars, it happened in Afghanistan, it happened in Chechnya etc. Look how that turned out.

If a rebel group decides to do something like that you can pretty much write them off.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: July 24, 2014, 11:28:56 am »

Will the coalition's demise now lead to a parliamentary election in Ukraine?
From what I've read, they're aiming to have elections at the end of October.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: July 24, 2014, 12:07:44 pm »

You can ask the Ukrainian government to secure the crash site. Hell they even have troops nearby. And they're your allies.

It's a prelude to invasion, got it.

Keep murdering Dutch people and you might just have a NATO intervention before you think.

They need to defend themselves from possible rebel attacks. Also Dutch soldiers won't go raping your women, they are much more professional than drunk separatists or Russian conscripts.

you're doing a great job of making me hate the west for absurd stereotyping

keep it coming guys and we'll be having a WW3 by the end of this decade
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: July 24, 2014, 12:16:51 pm »

Russia is needed to deal with the rebels.

That is assuming they haven't lost control of them already, of course.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: July 24, 2014, 12:17:46 pm »

Well I am truly sorry that Georgian women were raped when Russia attacked Georgia or that journalists have shown, that the separatists can often be drunk and unprofessional.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: July 24, 2014, 12:24:23 pm »

(Dutch source, sorry)
Soldiers of the Dutch 11 Air Manoeuvre Brigade have been denied leave for the weekend. Presumable in case they are needed in the Ukraine.

Just noticed their motto. Seems fitting for the situation:
Neither rashly nor timidly

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: July 24, 2014, 12:34:24 pm »

keep it coming guys and we'll be having a WW3 by the end of this decade

WW3 implies that Russia actually a superpower instead of a has been.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1393