Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744327 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8070 on: July 23, 2014, 09:44:16 am »

Sometimes I wonder if it would be healthier to let congress go and brawl each other, might release some steam, but then again, we're supposed to be above that kind of behavior and it would be kind of embarrassing to have congress go and brawl.
It's does not exactly look like a sign of a "grown up" democracy, but then it's not like these things don't happen elsewhere too. Seems to have happened a lot in Ukraine recently, but it's not surprising they're a bit stressed right now.

True on that the brawling doesn't look like the sign of a "grown up" democracy, but with all the partianiship, seems like it'd be one way to relieve steam, though it wouldn't resolve anything.

And yeah I know it's happened elsewhere too.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: July 23, 2014, 09:54:29 am »

True on that the brawling doesn't look like the sign of a "grown up" democracy, but with all the partianiship, seems like it'd be one way to relieve steam, though it wouldn't resolve anything.
On the other hand C-Span's ratings might benefit from this, I'd watch it.  ;D

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: July 23, 2014, 10:34:49 am »

Got to go back to pre-civil war Congress for the good stuff.
On February 5, 1858, Keitt started a massive brawl on the House floor during a tense late-night debate. Keitt, offended by Pennsylvania Congressman (and later Speaker of the House) Galusha A. Grow having stepped over to his side of the House chamber, dismissively demanded that Grow sit down, calling him a "black Republican puppy". Grow responded by telling Keitt that "No negro-driver shall crack his whip over me." Keitt became enraged and went for Grow's throat, shouting that he would "choke [him] for that". A large brawl involving approximately 50 representatives erupted on the House floor, ending only when a missed punch from Rep. Cadwallader Washburn of Wisconsin upended the hairpiece of Rep. William Barksdale of Mississippi. The embarrassed Barksdale accidentally replaced the wig backwards, causing both sides to erupt in spontaneous laughter.
That was after Keitt pulled a pistol so that one of his allies could beat an opposing congressman with a gold tipped cane, an approach he had advised over duelling because duelling was for equals... The beating was for attacking slavery in crude language.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: July 23, 2014, 10:55:54 am »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: July 23, 2014, 11:08:26 am »

For a second I read that as the plane crashlanding, lol.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: July 23, 2014, 11:52:52 am »

Dutch military plane carrying bodies from Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash lands in Eindhoven.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No, there's no comma needed in there. It's just awkward.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: July 23, 2014, 12:18:26 pm »

And a comma would have relieved it of it$a awkwardness and chance of misinterpretation.

It's the comma people deserve, not the comma they need.
Love, scriver~

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: July 23, 2014, 02:13:41 pm »

But a comma wouldn't even make sense. Maybe the using brackets in sentences like I always though should be a thing would help.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8078 on: July 23, 2014, 02:37:11 pm »

Or we could just phrase it 'The dutch military plane carrying...crash has landed in Eindhoven'.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: July 23, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »

But a comma wouldn't even make sense. Maybe the using brackets in sentences like I always though should be a thing would help.
"Dutch military plane, carrying bodies from Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash, lands in Eindhoven."

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: July 23, 2014, 03:21:20 pm »

"Dutch military plane, carrying bodies from Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash, lands in Eindhoven."

That works, but personally I'd just replace the word "crash" with something else and carry on

"Dutch military plane carrying bodies from Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 incident lands in Eindhoven."
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: July 23, 2014, 04:05:11 pm »

Urg.
Whitehall sources say information has emerged that MH17 crash evidence was deliberately tampered with, as the plane's black boxes arrive in the UK.

The sources said this included moving bodies and scattering the parts of other aircraft among the wreckage of the downed Malaysia Airlines plane.
URG.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: July 23, 2014, 04:08:54 pm »

Bodies from crash arrive.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8083 on: July 23, 2014, 04:14:20 pm »

Urg.
Whitehall sources say information has emerged that MH17 crash evidence was deliberately tampered with, as the plane's black boxes arrive in the UK.

The sources said this included moving bodies and scattering the parts of other aircraft among the wreckage of the downed Malaysia Airlines plane.
URG.
The board said: "The CVR was damaged but the memory module was intact. Furthermore no evidence or indications of manipulation of the CVR was found."
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: July 23, 2014, 04:29:01 pm »

Depending on how it was damaged, that could be from the crash or from someone trying to get in but giving up.

Also, as his second line says, that's not the important bit, it's the "other aircraft" bits in the wreckage to confuse the investigation that's probably the most impactful.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1393