Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745193 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7815 on: July 18, 2014, 05:29:04 pm »

Í I9hT N°Ƭ <ÌvÈ Â $んノイ ã8()µ÷ ¥Ôu® ¢oñç3p÷ⓢ BU7 Î |]on't P|-||_|><0r Ø\/ë|2 Wº®[)S |_1kÊ À ±öT£ 5(ⓡü8

wow that was painful

mlg pro texting 419 smoke tombstones owlbread

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: July 18, 2014, 05:31:56 pm »

Í I9hT N°Ƭ <ÌvÈ Â $んノイ ã8()µ÷ ¥Ôu® ¢oñç3p÷ⓢ BU7 Î |]on't P|-||_|><0r Ø\/ë|2 Wº®[)S |_1kÊ À ±öT£ 5(ⓡü8

wow that was painful

mlg pro texting 419 smoke tombstones owlbread

My tombstones have been smoked. I cannot beat your pro MLG 1337 skills.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7817 on: July 18, 2014, 05:43:23 pm »

How exactly is the US going to get it's shit wrecked?  Will Russia cut off the supply of natural resources the US doesn't buy?  Or are you suggesting Russia is actually militarily comparable to the US? XD
How exactly is the US going to invade Russia?

Obviously this is all a scheme to steal Russia's oil and lumber.
Obama wants Russian mushrooms
No secret
Man likes his mushrooms

If keeping Putin in Russia is the best course of action, then why do US constantly enact more and more sanctions, preventing trade?
Because the USA can sanction Russia without it really affecting them. If the EU or UK sanctioned Russia, that would actually mean something. It would probably be worse for the EU and UK though.
Yay economic interdependence

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: July 18, 2014, 06:04:40 pm »

How exactly is the US going to get it's shit wrecked?  Will Russia cut off the supply of natural resources the US doesn't buy?  Or are you suggesting Russia is actually militarily comparable to the US? XD
By land, perhaps?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7819 on: July 18, 2014, 06:09:14 pm »

By land, perhaps?
Honestly Poland is more likely to win a land war against Russia than America. I have very little confidence in the American military considering just how hard the Americans try to make their military bloated and impotent. Russia is fine.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: July 18, 2014, 06:09:28 pm »

By land, perhaps?
nono, it'll be american teleporting ultranationalists
what f*cking land
there's a goddamn ocean between US and Russia and it's kind of big
invading russia from land is one of the stupidest ideas i've even heard of
next only to the land war in asia
._.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: July 18, 2014, 06:23:33 pm »

So turns out a large number of the passangers on the flight that was shot down were AIDS workers on their way to a conference including the foremost expert from the Netherlands. :-\

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: July 18, 2014, 06:40:33 pm »

By land, perhaps?
what f*cking land
It's probably not that hard to covertly build a bridge over the Bering Strait if you've got lizardman and alien tech at your disposal.

Hell, in winter it's probably frozen.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7823 on: July 18, 2014, 06:51:12 pm »

So turns out a large number of the passangers on the flight that was shot down were AIDS workers on their way to a conference including the foremost expert from the Netherlands. :-\
It's been mentioned already

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: July 18, 2014, 07:01:08 pm »

By land, perhaps?
what f*cking land
Eh, the invasion will be carried out by NATO forces built up in advance in Eastern Europe: in Poland, the Baltic states, (maybe) Ukraine, Finland. If Georgia agrees to join the glorious operation "Barbarossa II" "Russian Freedom", then maybe NATO will go through the Caucasus as well.

I'm not an expert on military logistics and stuff like that, though, so I can't say what NATO will actually do when they attack Russia.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:10:59 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7825 on: July 18, 2014, 07:46:00 pm »

invasion will be carried out by NATO
NATO will go through the Caucasus as well.
NATO will actually do when they attack Russia.

I disagree, but discussion on that seems pointless.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: July 18, 2014, 10:31:34 pm »

I don't know why the assumption Russia would be invaded by the West in the first place is made. Any kind of Nato intervention would probably be limited to something like re-securing the Ukrainian borders without advancing across them.

I'd like to see Assad removed from power too to stop that carnage, but that might be harder to keep stable and seen as riskier because of it, though I think it would be the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:37:25 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: July 19, 2014, 01:20:30 am »

Spoiler: forgive us, if you can (click to show/hide)
Photo from Dutch embassy in Moscow. That was left by a real Russian, not by one of Soviets who glorify Putin and think he protects them from imperialistic West
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: July 19, 2014, 02:41:26 am »

Yeah, Guardian GI, can you tone down the "The West are Nazis that will invade Russia for fun and giggles"? If you want to discuss this, go have your own thread, or post actual arguments.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #7829 on: July 19, 2014, 02:44:58 am »

Rebels allegedly "limit" investigation.

And in other news:
Surprise ruling clears former Italian prime minister of having sex with an underage prostitute and abuse of power.

For those of you who don't know a thing about Italian politics and Berlusconi - no, it's absolutely no "surprise" he got cleared. This is such a farce it's almost NOT funny anymore. Almost.

somehow i can undestand slowpoke just fiiine~

you need to 1-up you l33t sk1llz owlbread you'll need them in the brave new world

lad a can dae this jst fine ave nae bother writin like this wen am textin tae ma pals but min wen am tryin tae unerstaun sumthin lik an argument or a complex question lik that aboot historical geopolitics mibe a need a bit mair punctuation sae am no pourin over it tryin tae mak sense ae it syne ma een arnae acustomed tae it like

ye forgot tae pit a wee ~ efter "fiiine" an aw sae a fixd it fer ye tae mak it mair authentic

A good friend of mine used to visit the Soviet Union regularly in the 1980s. She told me about a student friend of hers from the town of Motherwell, a town in Scotland famous for its thick Lanarkshire dialect. The student, then in Moscow or something, was phoning home to Scotland to her family and chatting away when suddenly she was cut off and a deep, harsh, Russian-accented voice said on the other end of the phone "SPEAK ENGLISH".
I find it surprisingly easy to understand what you are saying if instead of trying to slowly read through it, I just quickly skim over. :o

And that 80's story is absolutely hilarious, thanks for sharing.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1393